Welcome to Gaia! ::

IRL Noob

7,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Tuck Everlasting and Other Bells for us to Ring made me cry.
I had quite a few "ugly" crying sessions while reading The Bronze Horseman and its two sequels by Paullina Simons.

Nothing like war, death, and love to make a girl tear up.
Le Chien Noir
Actually, I cried at the end of Frankenstein. It was just really sad to me. sweatdrop
Also as a kid, I found Black Beauty to be extremely depressing, and the part at the end about being under the apple tree with old friends always made me tear up. heart

There were not tears during Frankenstein for me, but I was damn near close.

Susan Kay's Phantom. I found myself crying at so many parts of this book. I actually had to put it down a few times because I was in school and getting teary. How embarassing.
"Why are you crying Kristin?"
"its really sad?"
"what is?"
"ERIK'S MOMMY WON'T KISS HIM!"
"...go to the guidance office"

how embarassing! rofl

I also cried at the end of Heavier than Heaven, a Kurt Cobain biography.
Reading the post about the biography of Kurt Cobain reminded of a book about Jim Morrison (former lead singer of The Doors), "Wild Child." It's the author's memoir of her life with Jim Morrison when she was a teenager.
I'm a huge Doors/Jim Morrison fan, so the entire time I was reading the book I knew he was going to die at some point, but I still ended up crying when it happened.

I love that book; it's great. Even if there are some questions about it's authenticity.
Annabele_Lee
Le Chien Noir
Actually, I cried at the end of Frankenstein. It was just really sad to me. sweatdrop
Also as a kid, I found Black Beauty to be extremely depressing, and the part at the end about being under the apple tree with old friends always made me tear up. heart

There were not tears during Frankenstein for me, but I was damn near close.

Susan Kay's Phantom. I found myself crying at so many parts of this book. I actually had to put it down a few times because I was in school and getting teary. How embarassing.
"Why are you crying Kristin?"
"its really sad?"
"what is?"
"ERIK'S MOMMY WON'T KISS HIM!"
"...go to the guidance office"

how embarassing! rofl

I also cried at the end of Heavier than Heaven, a Kurt Cobain biography.

Oh yes, definitely.
Kay's version of Phantom is probably the saddest book I've ever read.
Though one of the best, it was written wonderfully.
the only time i've ever cried while reading was during Slaughterhouse five when Lazzaro was describing how he got revenge upon a dog who bit him by feeding it a steak filled with cut up pieces of clock spring. It whimpered and tried to eat its own stomach.
books that have a person dying... except if its the villain who died or a less mentioned character...
No book as really made me cry, but 'The Pact' was really sad.
The book Speak, but I don't remember the author. Also, the Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers.
Tao_the_Mage
Don't laugh....but....

Harry Potter. sweatdrop

Dumblydore!

I didn't actually cry but I was totally hysterical for like a week. My boyfriend got kinda irritated.
Of Mice and Men made me cry. The ending was so sad. crying
default_lost
Of Mice and Men made me cry. The ending was so sad. crying

I read theSparknotes version before I read the book...and cried anyway... sad
The Lions of Al-Rassan by Guy Gavriel Kay
No book has ever made me cry. Go Ask Alice is a good read though.
    Some of the books in the Darren Shan saga are very sad at parts.. Also, I just finished reading Watership Down, and it has a teary ending.. Least I think it does.. >.>

Hazel.... T___T

But anyway, I cry a lot.. So I probably shouldn't post here. 0-o But I have.

Bye! whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces