Memories of the Future by Sigizmund Krzhizhanovsky
Outlaws of the Marsh by Shi Nai'an

actual vulcan's Significant Otter

Anxious Fairy

9,100 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Right now i'm reading a book called Linger!
It is the second in a trio of books that go in the order of Shiver/Linger/Forever
It is like a supernaturally romance type of book and it is very happy and very sad mores sad atm but still good xP
Sriq
Right now I'm in the middle of reading:

The Master and the Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
The Hearing Trumpet by Leonora Carrington
The Palm-Wine Drinkard by Amos Tutuola
Memories of the Future by Sigizmund Krzhizhanovsky
Outlaws of the Marsh by Shi Nai'an
Ooooh, I loved Master and Margarita!

Right now I'm reading "Their Eyes Were Watching God."
13 Gifts by Wendy Mass
Re-reading Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead
I am reading A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibbotson.
Just started up North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell for my Victorian lit class.

15,525 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
"Next" by Michael Crichton
I am reading Marked by P.C. and Kristen Cast. So far I don't like it.

Sparkly Fairy

Trio of Sorcery by Mercedes Lackey. Almost finished!
I'm reading "Frost" by Marianna Baer, and I'm extremely impressed by this debut author's style and voice. Baer understands a thing or three about emotion and atmosephere.
Sriq
Just started up North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell for my Victorian lit class.

You have my sympathies, i thought that book was so boring. Not a big fan of Gaskell.

I'm about halfway through One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
Another boring book, the storyline just seems to drag on and on.

Omnipresent Genius

15,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
I'm currently reading A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin and the first volume of Sandman by Neil Gaiman.
Ellenroh
You have my sympathies, i thought that book was so boring. Not a big fan of Gaskell.

Hah, I'm actually sort of enjoying it! At least, a lot more than I enjoyed Hard Times, the last book we read in there. North and South is a lot less preachy and has much more rounded characters, imo, but I'm only halfway through it. And of course, I'm not the biggest fan of Victorian lit so I'm not finding the most exciting thing out there, but I know there were worse choices.
Sriq

Hah, I'm actually sort of enjoying it! At least, a lot more than I enjoyed Hard Times, the last book we read in there. North and South is a lot less preachy and has much more rounded characters, imo, but I'm only halfway through it. And of course, I'm not the biggest fan of Victorian lit so I'm not finding the most exciting thing out there, but I know there were worse choices.

I congratulate you on that, i lost interest so quickly, guess she's just not my type of author. I agree Hard Times was terrible, which is a shame considering that most of Dicken's stuff is wonderful. Really? I love Victorian literature. Do you have to read certain books, choose some from a list or can you read anything at all?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff