Welcome to Gaia! ::

Just wondering what are you fav myths/ legends? Ghost tales, gods, egypt, greek, King Aurthur and the knights of the round table, Robin Hood? please discuss

I love the Robin Hood myths. How Robin meet Little John on a brige and had a fight with straffs.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
There are so many myths I like that I can't pick a favorite. Let's see... Cuchulain's stories are really interesting and so are the adventures of Xbalanque and Hunahpu (Maya). Gilgamesh was okay as well. Too bad it's incomplete.
Ping of Death
There are so many myths I like that I can't pick a favorite. Let's see... Cuchulain's stories are really interesting and so are the adventures of Xbalanque and Hunahpu (Maya). Gilgamesh was okay as well. Too bad it's incomplete.

Please tell me a little bit more about Gilgamesh. what do you mean incomplete? did the author die? gonk

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
ifallintofantasy
Ping of Death

Please tell me a little bit more about Gilgamesh. what do you mean incomplete? did the author die? gonk
The tablet where the original epic was found had missing and broken parts. Most of the translated versions we have now have additional details that authors made up to fill in the missing parts. I never knew this until I read a transcription of the tablets.
Ping of Death
ifallintofantasy
Ping of Death

The tablet where the original epic was found had missing and broken parts. Most of the translated versions we have now have additional details that authors made up to fill in the missing parts. I never knew this until I read a transcription of the tablets.

Wow smile so its like the tombs of Egypt? couse' the items were made of gold and gems, many of the items got storlen. Someone didnt want that story told , i guss .... gonk
I love love love King Arthur tales!

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
ifallintofantasy
Ping of Death
ifallintofantasy
Ping of Death

Wow smile so its like the tombs of Egypt? couse' the items were made of gold and gems, many of the items got storlen. Someone didnt want that story told , i guss .... gonk
It was one of the books in Ashurbanipal's library. That library was destroyed along with so many books and scrolls.

Tipsy Dabbler

Oh jeeze you said it, Robin Hood! I have literally seen almost every related to Robin Hood and the books. I don't know why I find him so fascinating.

Friendly Guardian

Hmm... I really enjoy Greek mythology. There are so many myths that I love but my favorite has to be the one where Hades steals Persephone and takes her to the underworld. My second favorite is Perseus.. or maybe Theseus? Sometimes stories written by the ancients are more entertaining then those of today.
Rotality
Oh jeeze you said it, Robin Hood! I have literally seen almost every related to Robin Hood and the books. I don't know why I find him so fascinating.

Ummm... couse the rob from the rich and gave the gold to the poor. Plus it had a lot of fantastic supporting chararters like Little John, Will Scralotte, Allan ODare Fair Tack..... and the list gose on and on 3nodding

Tipsy Dabbler

ifallintofantasy
Rotality

Ummm... couse the rob from the rich and gave the gold to the poor. Plus it had a lot of fantastic supporting chararters like Little John, Will Scralotte, Allan ODare Fair Tack..... and the list gose on and on 3nodding

Yeah, the list goes on. It is fantastic smile

Romantic Loverboy

9,250 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
King Arthur emotion_drool . I actually prefer the side characters/stories to Arthur's great feats (he actually strikes me as a well-meaning idiot which is only two steps above just plain idiot in my book). The Tale of Tristram and Iseult, Sir Gawain and his Green Knight, Percival and the Grail (Props to Peter David for making him a Moor and a fairly bitchin' character in the Knight series)
and so on and so forth.
I don't see enough retellings of these "side-characters" or of Mordred who I always thought needed more exploring past the "his mommy and daddy were siblings therefore he is evil" treatment he usually seems to get. For some reason if it isn't about the Arthur/Guinevere/Lancelot triangle no one seems to care.
Ping of Death
ifallintofantasy
Ping of Death
ifallintofantasy
Ping of Death

It was one of the books in Ashurbanipal's library. That library was destroyed along with so many books and scrolls.

Wow thats amazing. thanks for sharing that amazing story heart xd
We who have Fallen
King Arthur emotion_drool . I actually prefer the side characters/stories to Arthur's great feats (he actually strikes me as a well-meaning idiot which is only two steps above just plain idiot in my book). The Tale of Tristram and Iseult, Sir Gawain and his Green Knight, Percival and the Grail (Props to Peter David for making him a Moor and a fairly bitchin' character in the Knight series)
and so on and so forth.
I don't see enough retellings of these "side-characters" or of Mordred who I always thought needed more exploring past the "his mommy and daddy were siblings therefore he is evil" treatment he usually seems to get. For some reason if it isn't about the Arthur/Guinevere/Lancelot triangle no one seems to care.

So basically your saying that you love the King Aurtur story but you love the side chararters more and wish that they have more back story?

Romantic Loverboy

9,250 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
ifallintofantasy
We who have Fallen
and so on and so forth.

So basically your saying that you love the King Aurtur story but you love the side chararters more and wish that they have more back story?

Basically yes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces