Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
unicornfrippery
I really need something light and fun to read. I've just finished reading Mrs Dalloway, War of the Worlds and True History of the Kelly Gang for uni, all of which were great, but veeery intense.

Something light and fluffy? A romance would be fine, or a fantasy, or something light. I like Anna and the French Kiss/Stephanie Perkins' work. I also enjoyed Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson and all of John Green's work. I don't want anything depressing or long, just something short, fun, and reasonably well written.

Note: I'm really, REALLY sick of dystopian.
If you are really desperate You can hit up 'Hank the Cowdog'. It's quote funny. I don't think you'll find 'Ghost of windy hill' to easily. 'The family nobody wanted' was a book I enjoyed about a family who couldn't have there own kids so they adopted. ummm...I have read and listened to many book and I am trying to think off the top of my head all I read.

Have you tried Janet Evanovich plum series. They are comedy Romance.

Catherine, Called Birdy by Karen Cushman that was written in a form of a general.

Questionable Prophet

I'm looking for kind of gothic books, dark fairytales, something like horror, but not.

Regular

I'm looking for a good book.

I've got really weird taste in books, so I'll just list off a couple of my favorites, and see if that's helpful at all:
SLASH (the autobiography)
The Harry Potter Series
Gone With the Wind
Wicked
The Wizard of Oz

Basically, I love history, I love reading exciting autobiographies about celebrities I know, and like, and I like fast-paced books with an edge to them. I'm also obsessed with anything involving the Wizard of Oz.

Any recommendations?

Rogue

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
I'm looking for kind of gothic books, dark fairytales, something like horror, but not.
If you have never read anything of Ray Bradbury I would suggest Fahrenheit 451 or the Martian Chronicles to seek out some elements of gothic/ horror but without going into any extremes.
iColor With Crayons

I've got really weird taste in books, so I'll just list off a couple of my favorites, and see if that's helpful at all:
The Harry Potter Series
Gone With the Wind
Wicked
The Wizard of Oz

Basically, I love history, I love reading exciting autobiographies about celebrities I know, and like, and I like fast-paced books with an edge to them. I'm also obsessed with anything involving the Wizard of Oz.

Any recommendations?

If you liked Wicked, Gregory Maguire, the author, has written several other books. I think there's three other about Oz, and a couple about other fairy-tales.

Sparkly Fairy

6,050 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Junior Trader 100
I have a couple recommendations:
-The Pigman
-Go Ask Alice
-Twilight Series
-Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
-The Hatchet Series
-Hunger Games Series
-The Dead End
I have recently been very in to Anne Rule. She writes non-fiction crime novels. Very fun! Something about non-fiction really gets my wheels turning! heart

Lunatic

Currently seeking some new reading material. I'm looking for fantasy, thought provoking novels, or something in the realm of Victorian.

Eloquent Rogue

I'm looking for some teen books to read about characters in a hospital or a camp or whatever. A sort of rehab place really, I can't think of any titles similar as it's been a long time since I've read something like this but suggestions?

Romantic Explorer

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
iColor With Crayons

The Harry Potter Series
Gone With the Wind
Wicked
The Wizard of Oz

Any recommendations?

You should try Garth Nix, he wrote The Keys to the Kingdom series, I loved it. There were parts of like ancient mythology mixed into a really modern setting, with transport to another "world." Really, really good.

Hilarious Friend

6,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
No spam. Just gold.
I'm looking for some good reads similar to Looking for Alaska by John Green and The Perks of being a Wallflower. I found Wintergirls pretty good too. Anything close to the theme of those would do.
Hey guys, any recommendations for some really good horror? Scary or really creepy both work for me.

I'll also contribute with a suggestion of my own!
It's not horror, but books by Kate Morton are pretty good! Specifically The Forgotten Garden. It kept me on the edge of my seat for pretty much the whole book.
The Distant Hours and The House at Riverton were a bit slow moving, but still pretty good, I thought.
I'll also warn that the chapters do bounce to different POVs at times, so if you're not into that kind of thing (idk, I know people who aren't), they may be a bit annoying.
Grandiloquence
Hey guys, any recommendations for some really good horror? Scary or really creepy both work for me.

I'll also contribute with a suggestion of my own!
It's not horror, but books by Kate Morton are pretty good! Specifically The Forgotten Garden. It kept me on the edge of my seat for pretty much the whole book.
The Distant Hours and The House at Riverton were a bit slow moving, but still pretty good, I thought.
I'll also warn that the chapters do bounce to different POVs at times, so if you're not into that kind of thing (idk, I know people who aren't), they may be a bit annoying.

For any kind of good scary or horror I would definitely recommend Stephen King, he also has titles under Peter Straub I believe. I also think Anne Rice has some creepy/vampire books. If you've seen the movie Interview with a Vampire, it's based on her book of the same title.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff