Welcome to Gaia! ::

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Just finished Lynn Flewelling's Nightrunner series and Richard Morgan's A Land Fit For Heroes - any suggestions for further reading?
Try out 'Conspiracy 365* it is such a good action and crime book, could not put it down! There are 12 books, one for each month, they are amazing smile
Guys you should read Dating Games its awesome.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Currently I'm working on Stephen King's Under the Dome. Stephen King is one of my favorite authors and although I'm not yet done with the book (It's pretty long guys) it's amazing. I don't find him scary but he seriously makes you think about human thinking and their tendencies under pressure.

Shade

12,300 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Mark Twain 100
sylvie209
Oh, and I'd also love any recommendations. I've been on a fantasy kick lately, but I'll read anything. Seriously. I even read Twilight.

Well have you read anything by Robin McKinley? Chalice, Sunshine and Beauty are a few of her books that are not aimed at teens.
The legend of Lady Ilena. Can't tell you who it's by but it's a good historical fantasy.
Wildwood Dancing by J. Marillier
The Belgariad by David Eddings
Faeries of Dreamdark: Blackbringer. Again can't tell you who it's by but a good original read about Faeries.
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit
Prospero's Children by Jan Siegal. It's about Atlantis.
The Bards of Bone Plain by Patricia McKillip
Let me know if this helps.
4laugh

Shade

12,300 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Mark Twain 100
Sospel
        HELP. I love science fiction. I especially love science fiction that has alien characters that are developed throughout the story, not just side characters. The Halo and Mass Effect novels are some of my favourites for this. Can anyone give me a suggestion for a novel/series/short stories? I know Karen Traviss has a few good ones.

Ever heard of David Weber? Try his Off Armageddon Reef series my sister's batty for that one. Other scifi reads: Conquerors Pride by Timothy Zahn, Dragonback series by Timothy Zahn, Angelmass by Timothy Zahn, Crusade by David Weber and Steve White, Heinlein and Paragea.

Chatty Cat

7,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
I'm after something that's got fantastical elements in it but isn't yet another elves-and-dragons high fantasy, and doesn't have characters named dumb things like Elavarilysthawenne... I enjoyed Diana Wynne Jones' books and the Inkheart trilogy as a kid, so something along the lines of those but a bit more grown-up would be good.

Friendly Explorer

Right now, I am currently loving the Cat Royal series by Julia Golding.

Capitalist

5,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
Leomelle
I'm after something that's got fantastical elements in it but isn't yet another elves-and-dragons high fantasy, and doesn't have characters named dumb things like Elavarilysthawenne... I enjoyed Diana Wynne Jones' books and the Inkheart trilogy as a kid, so something along the lines of those but a bit more grown-up would be good.

Not sure if this is quite what you're looking for but try: The Wee Free Men, Equal Rites, Wyrd Sisters, Witches Abroad, Lords and Ladies, Maskerade, and Carpe Jugulum all by Terry Pratchett in that order just to ease you into Discworld realm. From there, if you like them, "Guards! Guards!" Or "The Color of Magic" would be a good place to go.
Another suggestion: Tamora Pierce's Circle of Magic series or Sorcery and Cecilia by Patricia Wrede & Caroline Stevermer although those books might be categorized as teen books confused You might also like The Belgariad by David Eddings, maybe. Hopefully that's helpful. sweatdrop

Chatty Cat

7,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Saltedraken
Leomelle

Not sure if this is quite what you're looking for but try: The Wee Free Men, Equal Rites, Wyrd Sisters, Witches Abroad, Lords and Ladies, Maskerade, and Carpe Jugulum all by Terry Pratchett in that order just to ease you into Discworld realm. From there, if you like them, "Guards! Guards!" Or "The Color of Magic" would be a good place to go.
Another suggestion: Tamora Pierce's Circle of Magic series or Sorcery and Cecilia by Patricia Wrede & Caroline Stevermer although those books might be categorized as teen books confused You might also like The Belgariad by David Eddings, maybe. Hopefully that's helpful. sweatdrop

I'm not really after something too otherworldly, I want something that is at least partially set in the real world, like urban fantasy? I used to read Tamora Pierce's books, but they're too fantasy-ish...

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Moving my list so other may Enjoy the selection!
for those with interests in science fiction..
dan simmons' hyperion

[can't stop doodling the Shrike..]

User Image

User Image

Shy Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
ok so i finished all the halo books and i enjoy them as well as the hunger games and lord of the rings. any idea what i should read next? I am not a book kinda person so I have no idea what is good for me.
Was wondering if anyone had any good supernatural/magic/sci-fi books they could recommend. I'm always looking for a good book that'll keep me reading till the end.

Friendly Guardian

Hey ya smile . Hope you're having a good day. I need some book recommendations. I enjoy supernatural, magic, fantasy, and mythology (Greek), and alittle romance is fine too. I personally prefer supernatural and mythology (Greek) above all else. I am not to into books with people with weird elf names. Here are some example of stuff I like
Percy Jackso and the Olympians (series)
Heroes of Olympus (series)
Chronicles of Vladimir Todd (series)
Darkest Powers trilogy
Darkness Rising trilogy
Vicious Deep
Thanks. whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash