Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Bat-Fox
xdivision_whitey

Have you tried the library?

Well Janet Evanovich write this Bounty hunter Romance series called the Plum series. It has more than 20 books. Eion Colin has artimes fowl.

No, I don't think I have ever been to our's besides dropping all my books off for donation.
I just bought a Kindle so I don't have many physical books.
Just got the first Artimes Fowl book today gonna start it after I finish the two I have now.
Also Look into Dinotopia. Mind you those have many authors you should enjoy those. Enjoy the read. Oh heads up Left behind has about 70 or so books.

Bashful Loiterer

7,000 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Well, I'm looking for a new book.... I'm in between books of my favorite series so I'm looking for something to entertain me....

I've been reading the Maximum Ride books.....And I'll read anything that has to do with Vampires or Werewolves (recommend House of Night or Twilight, already tried...), I love Black Dagger Brotherhood and The Fallen Angels by J.R. Ward but I'm waiting on the next books. I like the Shiver books too.... Just looking for something new...

Any recommendations? 3nodding

Blessed Gekko

Sei-chan5
Well, I'm looking for a new book.... I'm in between books of my favorite series so I'm looking for something to entertain me....

I've been reading the Maximum Ride books.....And I'll read anything that has to do with Vampires or Werewolves (recommend House of Night or Twilight, already tried...), I love Black Dagger Brotherhood and The Fallen Angels by J.R. Ward but I'm waiting on the next books. I like the Shiver books too.... Just looking for something new...

Have you finished the last maximum ride book yet!?! Oh and also this one is scary but not like vampire or warewolf scary, just believe me it's amazing and it's called Damage by Anya Parrish it about this girl who has an imaginary friend trying to kill her and it is amazing!!! An if your looking for one of the best classic books EVER try Go Ask Alice by anonymous soooooo great!!!!

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
887pink
Sei-chan5

Have you finished the last maximum ride book yet!?! Oh and also this one is scary but not like vampire or warewolf scary, just believe me it's amazing and it's called Damage by Anya Parrish it about this girl who has an imaginary friend trying to kill her and it is amazing!!! An if your looking for one of the best classic books EVER try Go Ask Alice by anonymous soooooo great!!!!

I could not get into Maxium Ride. I was having huge panic attack before I really started reading it.

Eloquent Streaker

Looking for fantasy novels akin to the A Song of Ice and Fire series. Also, I was wondering if anyone would recommend the The Dark Tower series.

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
Requiem in Mortis
Looking for fantasy novels akin to the A Song of Ice and Fire series. Also, I was wondering if anyone would recommend the The Dark Tower series.
User Image
User Image

Have you tried the Temeraire series?

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
I have some time now that i’m caught up in school ,and since I can’t read the series I was planning to I need some suggestions for a book. Genre doesn’t matter but my only requirement is that its not a teen novel or a romance novel.

Some examples of books i’ve read:
War and Peace
The Sword of Truth Series
The Lord of the RIngs trilogy
The Hobbit
The Harry potter series
some mystery books by Laura Joh Rowland,
Agatha christie mysteries
The Diary of anne frank
I recommend the The Riyria Revelations by Michael Sullivan if you like fantasy. They're nice and long and juicy lol. And they have a GREAT sense of humor! If you like something a little darker Joe Abercrombie's The First Law trilogy is fantastic. He cites as influences George R R Martin and Quentin Tarantino--nuff said I think. biggrin
Oh, and I'd also love any recommendations. I've been on a fantasy kick lately, but I'll read anything. Seriously. I even read Twilight.

Beloved Lunatic

I have quite a penchant for existential literature and/or philosophy disguised as lit. Any author recommendations along this line is appreciated:

Franz Kafka (Metamorphosis, The Trial)
Albert Camus (The Myth of Sisyphus, The Plague)
Jean Paul Sartre (Nausea)
Jostein Gaarder (Sophie's World)
Hermann Hesse (Steppenwolf)

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
sylvie209
Oh, and I'd also love any recommendations. I've been on a fantasy kick lately, but I'll read anything. Seriously. I even read Twilight.

I suggest the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. Start with Wizard’s first rule which is the first in the series.
Tsuki_Kirkland
sylvie209

I suggest the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. Start with Wizard’s first rule which is the first in the series.
Been there read that. Unfortunately I'll never get those days I wasted back. I found Goodkind to be kinda awful. The first one is sorta ok, but in my opinion they get worse as the series goes on. I really appreciate you making a suggestion tho! biggrin

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
sylvie209
Tsuki_Kirkland
sylvie209

Been there read that. Unfortunately I'll never get those days I wasted back. I found Goodkind to be kinda awful. The first one is sorta ok, but in my opinion they get worse as the series goes on. I really appreciate you making a suggestion tho! biggrin

You’re welcome , Have you read the Dresden files books by Jim Butcher?
Tsuki_Kirkland
sylvie209
Tsuki_Kirkland
sylvie209

You’re welcome , Have you read the Dresden files books by Jim Butcher?
All but the newest one. I really liked his other ones better tho. The Codex Alera books. I read an unreal amount lol. The best thing I've read lately are the Riyria Revelations books by Micheal Sullivan. And several really good stories on Wattpad.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I just added a couple more The Perilous Road is another good one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff