- The Slippery Slope
- The Grim Grotto
- The Penultimate Peril
- The End

... That's all I got for now.
Slayer Igraine
Rowanoverdramatic
Anyone got any book reccs for me?

My favorite books are The Time Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, The Harry Potter Series, My Sister's Keeper and Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult, and Before I Die by Jenny Downham. I've read the first two books of the Twilight Series and really liked them too.

So, any reccs?

Hmm, bar the Harry Potter series I haven't read any of those, so I can't really help you. Anyone else got some recommendations?

Have you ever read The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle? His other books are good too, but it's my favorite smile
Xenophobix
Uhh. Can I be a volunteer? I'm especially good at recommending sci-fi books. I've already made some of my friends fall in love with some.

Sure, added you to the list. :3
_Fueled_By_Ramen_64
I'm usually pretty good at recommending books...I want to be a volunteer XD

as for now I recommend these books:

The Lost Years of Merlin Series-
~The Lost years of Merlin
~The Seven Songs of Merlin
~The Fires of Merlin
~The Mirror of Merlin
~The Wings of Merlin

The Great Tree of Avalon Series-
~Child of The Dark Prophecy
~Shadows on the Stars
~The Eternal Flame

both of those series are by T.A Barron XD

The Gemma Doyle Series:

~A Great and Terrible Beauty
~Rebel Angels
~The Sweet Far Thing

Those books are all by Liba Bray

other books I suggest are:

I am the Cheese~Robert Cormier
The Taking~ Dean Koontz

That's all for now...I'll figure out some more later XD

Also added. ^^
Green Rider series (amazing series, just don't judge it by its summery. Everyone I know says the summery is terrible but the book is amazing)

Childhoods End

Dark Elf Trilogies (or anything by R.A. Salvatore)

Enchanted Forest Chronicles
I could use some good historical fiction, vampire, or just any really good book recomendations.

Read: Twilight Series, house of night, blue blood
Josephine Sena
I could use some good historical fiction, vampire, or just any really good book recomendations.

What period of historical fiction do you like? I read a good series (the Troy series) by an Author called David Gemmell, the books are: Lord of the Silver Bow, Shield of Thunder & Fall of Kings. It is, unsurprisingly, about the Troy myth, and the fall of Troy. I enjoyed it and found it very readable, once I'd got passed the points where he deviates from the myths. razz (I study Greek & Roman Classics, so I'm a it of a myth geek).
Slayer Igraine
Josephine Sena

What period of historical fiction do you like? I read a good series (the Troy series) by an Author called David Gemmell, the books are: Lord of the Silver Bow, Shield of Thunder & Fall of Kings. It is, unsurprisingly, about the Troy myth, and the fall of Troy. I enjoyed it and found it very readable, once I'd got passed the points where he deviates from the myths. razz (I study Greek & Roman Classics, so I'm a it of a myth geek).

Along with the same period you could read Helen of Troy, though I don't remember the author. But be prepared, it is a long book.. I think upwards of 900+ pages. Or maybe it's around 500 xD I don't really remember. It's a bit mushy at times but it was an interesting read. You just have to be committed to read the whole thing since it's long and was slow at points, but hey, what long book isn't at one point? >.>
I think this thread is an awesome idea.

I'm looking for a book to read. I love fantasy but also enjoy scifi I love Gail Carson Levine, Robin Hobbs, Garth Nix(not Shade's Children written beautifully but totally creeped me out) and Tamora Pierce.

I've been thinking about reading The Looking Glass Wars
Any other suggestions?
fairyQueen18
I think this thread is an awesome idea.

I'm looking for a book to read. I love fantasy but also enjoy scifi I love Gail Carson Levine, Robin Hobbs, Garth Nix(not Shade's Children written beautifully but totally creeped me out) and Tamora Pierce.

I've been thinking about reading The Looking Glass Wars
Any other suggestions?

I think a lot of people like to recommend Neil Gaiman. I've only read Stardust by him. Yes, the book that the very same movie was based off of, that was out not too long ago.
monochan
I'm on the lookout for dark fantasy. I'd be grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction. I've already read all of Neil Gaiman's stuff, Anne Bishop's stuff, Garth Nix's stuff. I tried reading Holly Black and didn't really like it.

I'll keep checking back on this thread, I also like the idea.

I’d recommend China Mieville's work, definitely. Start with Perdido Street Station.

5,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
twilight harry potter seires of unfortanant events all of them are relly great series
Slayer Igraine
Josephine Sena

Try Goddess of Yesterday by Caroline Cooney. Helen's a real b***h in this one... xd
I never liked her, obviously...
monochan
Slayer Igraine
Josephine Sena

Try Goddess of Yesterday by Caroline Cooney. Helen's a real b***h in this one... xd
I never liked her, obviously...

I tend to feel sorry for Helen, she's a play-thing of the gods, and everyone's scape-goat. Oh, Agamemnon brutally slaughtered his own daughter? Must be Helen's fault. wtf? O_o

5,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
I have more books to recommend XD

Ayn Rand:

~Anthem
~Fountain Head
~Atlas Shrugged

Lois Lowery:
~The Giver
~Gathering Blue