Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anyone now a book i can read?
I like twilight and the Uglies series
I'm looking for a good book to read. I'd prefer a book with some sort of romance/ building relationship in it. I'll read almost anything really. Please recommend some books that you've enjoyed and Ill be sure to check them out if I havent already.

Thanks tons! heart
I volunteer to be a book reccommender. n__n~ (Yes, that was a made up word) For Miss Nookie I suggest you read "Just Listen" by Sarah Dessen. For beelah1 if you like Uglies and Twilight, you might like "Oh My Goth". It's kind of futuristic as well and there's a great building to the climax and things.

Also, I myself am looking for a the title of Stephen King's first book in his series with "The Drawing of Three" or something in it, also "The Wolves of Calla." Besides that, I need a recommendation on a good read. I read books out of basically any genre, from teenage girly stories (which aren't my favorite by far, or the best reads) to philosophical based fictions. I like action, fantasy, some romance, and a lot of fiction. I even like fiction based on real events. Basically, if you've read a good book recently, recommend it to me. One of my favorite series is the Darren Shan Cirque Du Freak series. Kind of slaughtered the traditional vampire thing but I liked it. n___n~ Oh, traditional vampire books and authors would be good too. D; My research has failed me.
Thanks for the recommendation, Ill try it.
n__n~ No problem.
the his dark materials, twilight series, inheritance cycle,
kiki-tohma
the his dark materials, twilight series, inheritance cycle,

Who's it by?,
I read Twilight and despised it but thanks for the suggestion. n__n~
Also, are you speaking of Eragon when you talk of inheritance? That's what rings a bell. I've read all three.
A Shout to Remember
I volunteer to be a book reccommender. n__n~ (Yes, that was a made up word) For Miss Nookie I suggest you read "Just Listen" by Sarah Dessen. For beelah1 if you like Uglies and Twilight, you might like "Oh My Goth". It's kind of futuristic as well and there's a great building to the climax and things.

Also, I myself am looking for a the title of Stephen King's first book in his series with "The Drawing of Three" or something in it, also "The Wolves of Calla."

The first one is called 'The Gunslinger'. The series is called 'The Dark Tower'.
(I suppose I might as well become a volunteer, myself.)

A Shout To Remember: As far as fantasy goes, I'd suggest Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. It's quite large, but an excellent read throughout, and written in an interesting sort of historical style.

Enduring Bookworm

10,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Invisibility 100
dainichijess
Adra Korim
Reccomend me a book! any book! any genre.

I don't care just anything you thought was good.

I've already read Twilight and the three Eragon books.

Try the Maggie Quinn, Girl versus Evil series. The first one is called Prom Dates from Hell, and they're by Rosemary Clement-Moore. Supernatural, but funny-kinda like Buffy, but more realistic.

I've read that one its good.
Hello. I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some poetry books. I own none so I am not sure where I should start, if there is a place to. Thanks.

Dangerous Ladykiller

User Image

Any recommendations for me? I'm craving Historical fiction ATM. Preferably with homo-eroticism if you can find it.

For anyone else with Historical fiction wants:
      ROMA.
Recommendations? ^-^

I'm looking for a good, sultry Vampire book. But with a lot of description. I absolutely love imagery and figures of speech

Pleze <333
`Forgotten Memory
Hello. I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some poetry books. I own none so I am not sure where I should start, if there is a place to. Thanks.

biggrin If you've not read much poetry before then you're probably best to start with an anthology. From that, you can then go on to buy books of poetry by authors you know you enjoyed.

Try something like " Poem for the Day One (366 Poems, Old and New, Worth Learning by Heart)"
by Nicholas Albery & Peter Ratcliffe (Eds) or "Classic Poems to read aloud" by James Berry (ed)

Since I'm a huge fan of William Blake, I'd also recommend his 'Songs of Innocence and of Experience".
Slayer Igraine
`Forgotten Memory

biggrin If you've not read much poetry before then you're probably best to start with an anthology. From that, you can then go on to buy books of poetry by authors you know you enjoyed.

Try something like " Poem for the Day One (366 Poems, Old and New, Worth Learning by Heart)"
by Nicholas Albery & Peter Ratcliffe (Eds) or "Classic Poems to read aloud" by James Berry (ed)

Since I'm a huge fan of William Blake, I'd also recommend his 'Songs of Innocence and of Experience".

Thank you for your recommendations. I'll jot these down for when I go to the bookstore this weekend. An anthology does seem to be a good place to start, I forget about them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff