Welcome to Gaia! ::

the best book you can ever read is kissed by an angel
I'm looking for a couple of new authors to read, but searching on my own is getting me nowhere. I like to read fiction/fantasy books, but I'd prefer to stay away from the fairies and vampires (werewolves are okay, though). I've liked books by Cornelia Funke, Neil Gaiman, and Darren Shan. On the other hand, I completely hate anything that has too much romance, lack of action, no plot, and Mary-Sues. In saying that, I also don't like anything that is primarily based on history (Greek Gods, World Wars, etc). Any suggestions for me?
Hi everyone! >__<
I'm looking for some books that are funny and have good plots. I prefer it to be fairly long. I mostly like action with some romance, but I'd like it to be fairly clean. Any suggestions?
-Inkheart trilogy
-Abhorsen Chronicles
-Leven Thumps series
-Pillage
-Series of Unfortunate Events
-SpiderWick Chronicles
guys i know this isn't a recamendation but i can't rember this guy's last name it's paul somthing he wrote a dark fiction story called Haunted you please help me out gonk
Tari_Dragonblade
I'm looking for a couple of new authors to read, but searching on my own is getting me nowhere. I like to read fiction/fantasy books, but I'd prefer to stay away from the fairies and vampires (werewolves are okay, though). I've liked books by Cornelia Funke, Neil Gaiman, and Darren Shan. On the other hand, I completely hate anything that has too much romance, lack of action, no plot, and Mary-Sues. In saying that, I also don't like anything that is primarily based on history (Greek Gods, World Wars, etc). Any suggestions for me?

Dude, you should read the Belgariad by David Eddings. I'm almost positive you'd enjoy it. It starts with The Pawn of Prophesy.

5,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Night World, series of three
really crazy person
Hi everyone! >__<
I'm looking for some books that are funny and have good plots. I prefer it to be fairly long. I mostly like action with some romance, but I'd like it to be fairly clean. Any suggestions?

I must rec the Belgariad once again, not because it's my fav (it's not), but because I genuinely think you'll like it. It's clean, funny, actiony, not much romance, though. It is also long, and has a really good plot. Seriously, I wracked my brains and this is the best I could come up with, and the closest to your requirements.

Trash Businessman

Two books i would certainly recommend would be:

mrgreen mrgreen Things not seen-by Andrew Clements mrgreen mrgreen

for the people who enjoy romantic/action stories i recommend this

wink wink Playing in traffic- Gail Giles wink wink
Tari_Dragonblade

I don't know if you have already, but you can always try J.R.R. Tolkien. It sounds like you like a more heady book that has some thinking to do while you're reading it. Try the Silmarillion by him. Or just go straight to The Lord of the Rings. Always classic.

If you like something more sci-fi, try The Rowan by Anne McCaffrey. There's a couple more after it.

Hope this helps.
@4page - Thanks, I'll take a look at it.

@LaraBelle - I've read The Hobbit by Tolkien, and it just dragged on too long for me. I also failed to remember any name past 'Bilbo'. sweatdrop I'll look up 'The Rowan', thanks.
I recommend Speak.
Want to know more than just read the blurb in my forum.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/books/speak/t.53164851/
4page
really crazy person
Hi everyone! >__<

I must rec the Belgariad once again, not because it's my fav (it's not), but because I genuinely think you'll like it. It's clean, funny, actiony, not much romance, though. It is also long, and has a really good plot. Seriously, I wracked my brains and this is the best I could come up with, and the closest to your requirements.

Ok thanks I'll try it!

Timely Traveler

20,450 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I'm looking for some sci-fi recommendations with a strong female lead. I read pretty much anything within the sci-fi genre, but I'd prefer it if romance wasn't a huge part of the book. I don't mind some romance, I've just read too many books where romance comes along and the plot suddenly disappears or the female becomes so annoyingly lovestruck and useless.
Its a cool story

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces