Welcome to Gaia! ::

maximum ride
mAGYK BY aNGIE sAGE
Fahrenheit 451

A book about burning books. This is a spectacular book about a future that seems almost too accurate.

6,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I'd recommend anything by Brandon Sanderson. he's written Elantris, Mistborne, and couple others.
Icegirl13
So any recommendations for books I should read?
I enjoy books like these

-Tithe/Ironside/ Valiant
-Wicked lovely/ Ink Exchange
-All Harry Potter's
-Blood and chocolate
-The Dark Materials
-Blue Blood series
-Narnia
-Twilight Series
-Abarat
-The Host

Check out City Of Bones. It's from The Mortal Instruments series.
liz_zombie
I am looking for a new fantasy series. I don't like anything girly or childish. I have read RA Salvatore, The dragonlace books, The Dark Tower, Raymond E. Feist, Robin Hobb, Harry Potter (of course) and countless others.... Any suggestions?

You'd probably like the Belgariad, which is the name of the series, by David Eddings, if you haven't already read it (starts with Pawn of Prophecy). I'd also recommend the Heralds of Valdemar series by Mercedes Lackey.
Hay I like before I die because its a good book
I really need some book to read. I'm dying here! Please don't recommend Twilight or Harry Potter. I like fantasy like Forgotten Realms, I also like funny fantasy like xanth (very good series, if you don't mind so many puns. The first 5 or 6 are the best. After that they get really ridiculous.) and serious fantasy like the Abhorsen trilogy. I really like the Hitchhikers Trilogy (5 books by the way). Magyk by Accident, and Magyk by Hook or Crook were both very good, but the end of the latter made me a bit ticked. I can't recall who wrote them. They are very funny for all those people who like the obnoxious cat type of humor.

So please recommend me some books. Thanks a ton.
i've recently been reading a lot of non-fiction, and realistic fiction.

so i'm currently craving some fantasy - of this genre, my favourites have been Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrel, the His Dark Materials trilogy, and American Gods.

i also adore the magic realism of Haruki Murakami.

thanks for anything you can suggest
evil rolleyes rolleyes wink twisted twisted i would recomend vampire academy 2 anyone who is willingh 2 try it. lol lol exclaim exclaim i love that book. biggrin smile heart heart mrgreen mrgreen
can some one recomend a good vampire book or something because i am getting really borred hear and a book that is apropriat because my mom always want's 2 read what kind of book i get. PLEASE AND THANK U!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry sweatdrop sweatdrop xp xp crying crying stare stare exclaim exclaim ninja ninja O.H AND PLEASE DON'T SAY HARRY POTTER OR TWILIGH. I HATE THOSE BOOKS evil evil evil scream scream stressed stressed scream scream sweatdrop xp xp
the twilight series!!
i like them in in this order:
-breaking dawn
-twilight
-new moon
-eclipse
4page: You really ought to check out Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, if you haven't already. It's an absolutely hilarious novel about Armageddon.

Dead Sea Sclerosis:I'd recommend Little, Big by John Crowley, Perdido Street Station by China Mieville, and (regarding magic realism) One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
does eny one have a reccs for me?
i like twilight,
house of night,
evernight,
evermore,
night world,
and the sisters keper was amazing!
heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff