Astral Fairy

18,050 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Nariseba
anyone?

YES!! FAVORITE CLASSICAL BOOK!!!!
Have you read any other Oscar Wilde's pieces?

Lonely Cultist

I'm familiar with many of his quotes, though not much else sweatdrop

Astral Fairy

18,050 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Nariseba

You totally should read The Importance of Being Earnest. Another great read. I had to read and learn about Wilde in my Irish Lit class.

Ruthless Lunatic

mtwiciak
Nariseba

You totally should read The Importance of Being Earnest. Another great read. I had to read and learn about Wilde in my Irish Lit class.

The Importance of Being Earnest was absolutely hilarious. Wilde certainly nailed down how vengeful women can get with each other over the silliest of things. lol The Portrait of Dorian Gray is my favorite of his works, though.

Astral Fairy

18,050 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Popular Thread 100
the_weeping_dalek
mtwiciak
Nariseba

The Importance of Being Earnest was absolutely hilarious. Wilde certainly nailed down how vengeful women can get with each other over the silliest of things. lol The Portrait of Dorian Gray is my favorite of his works, though.

Lol I agree. Actually, my Irish Lit professor was extremely picky about topics and you had to choose something unique, so I wrote about how food represents sexual appetite.

Lonely Cultist

mtwiciak
Nariseba

I have, actually. and his rendition of salome as well smile

Astral Fairy

18,050 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Nariseba
mtwiciak
Nariseba

Ah good. I think I have two versions of The Picture of Dorian Gray, along with one version that has other of his works.

I love his use of symbolism. It's superb.

Lonely Cultist

mtwiciak
Nariseba
mtwiciak
Nariseba

Ah good. I think I have two versions of The Picture of Dorian Gray, along with one version that has other of his works.

I believe one of them is the original, the final press has certain phrases and paragraphs taken out dude to being immoral, or its undertone.

isn't it? his symbolism really draws you into his work.

Astral Fairy

18,050 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Nariseba
mtwiciak
Nariseba
mtwiciak
Nariseba

I believe one of them is the original, the final press has certain phrases and paragraphs taken out dude to being immoral, or its undertone.

isn't it? his symbolism really draws you into his work.

Oh wow. I love learning about Oscar Wilde's life. I really enjoy his flamboyant undertones, as well. I first read this book in AP lit my senior year of high school. We didn't learn about his sexual orientation and I was so allured by this book that I caught it and was the only student in discussion to mention it and talk about it. It was actually the first classical literature piece (I've only read a couple prior to reading it and I was still not used to the prose and tone) that I actually enjoyed and fully understood.

Lonely Cultist

Wow, I think its odd your teacher never spoke about it. The book was even used as evidence against him in court to convict him of being homosexual.

Wilde was definitely an intriguing person, and one of the most quotable authors even to this day.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff