Welcome to Gaia! ::

Visionary

Lykashii
tea is gross

The audiobook is actually really good! Though I actually have nothing to compare it to since this is the first audiobook I've listened to. I don't usually gravitate towards audiobooks, but when I registed my kindlefire, it came with 2 free credits for audiobooks. And the credit is worth the same if I bought War and Peace or.. Cat in the Hat. So I figured I wanted to get the most bang for my free buck and got The Name of the Wind! :'D
I didn't want to get a book I hadn't read before because... I don't know. I think it would have seemed weird getting to know new characters etc in someone else's voice. I'm not even sure if that makes sense. x__x

Why would you keep books in the attic? D: But yay! I'm glad you're reunited with your lovely books once again. (:
User Image

How did you find it then, hearing it all in someone else's voice? Who is it narrated by?

Oh because I moved from uni to back home and there's no room for all my books, I have like 200 of them D: User Image
User Image

Heyy, sorry it took so long to reply to this. I'm not nearly as active as I once was on this site and I sometimes forget about it completely. x__x

Well, with the audiobook, I just downloaded it for free when I registered my kindle and there was only one choice for narrator. There might be more out there, but the one I have it narrated by Nick Podehl. I really appreciate how he does different accents for people from all over the Commonwealth.
I was listening to it when I was working yesterday and I normally listen to it a bit sped up (1.25x) just so I can get in more of the story faster. But yesterday I got to the part where Kvothe and Denna run into the pig farmer and they are all talking in really weird accents and it was REALLLY hard to understand anything they were saying with it just sped up a little. XDD So I had to slow it down and rewind a bit. lol

I know how it feels to be separated from your books. D: I feel for you. ; n; I can only imagine how much of a problem I'm going to have when I move back home and trying to find space for all the books I've acquired in 3 years... ahaha

Dapper Dabbler

So exciting to see so many fans! You're the only people I've ever known to have even read The Name of the Wind!

I have a few book series i read over and over and these books are definitely at the top of my list! I never get tired of reading, although there's always my frustration when i get to the end of The Wise Man's Fear and have nothing left to read! But i love it! I'll just start over again! rofl

Visionary

I finished my audiobook of The Name of the Wind the other day and have that same sinking feeling before starting The Wise Man's Fear...
...because I know I'll have nothing to read after it. D:

Eloquent Sex Symbol

tea is gross
I finished my audiobook of The Name of the Wind the other day and have that same sinking feeling before starting The Wise Man's Fear...
Aw Re read it X D

Visionary

Lykashii
tea is gross
Aw Re read it X D

Maybe.. ahaha
But I really do need to start on day 2 since every time I glance at it on my shelf, I want to kick myself for currently reading two other books. D;

Visionary

I'm finally starting The Wise Man's Fear today! Woooo!
I feel like this is a big time in my life..

Dangerous Kitten

I love both of the books so much. Can't wait for the third. Dying!

Visionary

MissJesseR
I love both of the books so much. Can't wait for the third. Dying!
With no word of a release date. D:
I follow Pat on facebook and a while ago I think he said something about a novella about Auri.

Dangerous Kitten

That makes me so sad..I follow him too.. crying

Dapper Gatekeeper

10,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I was just about to create a topic asking about the king killer chronicles when I saw this. I'm thoroughly excited that this already exists. I can't believe it's so hard finding people who have actually read these books. They're absolutely amazing and it makes me really sad that we have to wait at least a year for the third one. I'm glad he's writing novellas though. I'd really like to know more about the world outside of Kvothe's.

Superpowered Bookworm

I own this book and it has been sitting on my to-be -read shelf for awhile now. I really need to read it.

Dapper Gatekeeper

10,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Death on Broadway
I own this book and it has been sitting on my to-be -read shelf for awhile now. I really need to read it.

You should put it to the top of your reading list. A friend of mine highly suggested I do the same. I did and I'm really glad I did.

Superpowered Bookworm

Badwolf4077
Death on Broadway

You should put it to the top of your reading list. A friend of mine highly suggested I do the same. I did and I'm really glad I did.
That is what I am going to do. Going to put it in the April TBR pile.

Dapper Gatekeeper

10,600 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
You wont regret it! =D

Visionary

Death on Broadway

Yes. A million times yes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces