Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

Has anyone read The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss? I've almost finished my second time through and I can't stress enough how much i love these books! No one i know has read them, and has no interest to but i think they're so interesting, so unique and different and I can never put it down! Kvothe is my favourite hero. Eagerly awaiting the next one.

What are your thoughts? xd
No one I know has read them!! It's been a while since I read them both, but they are fantastic. I couldn't put them down. I can never find anything in the genre which grips me as much as the Name of the Wind did, so I'm very much looking forward to number 3 smile Although I hope I won't have to wait as long for this one as I had to for the last one... selfish, I know. Such good writing takes time, but still.

Visionary

YES! Finally a topic about this book! I read The Name of the Wind sometime last year and I want to read the second one, but I feel like it's been too long since I've read the first. I'm actually in the middle of re-reading it! I love it so much. <3
Part of what made me not want to read the second one right away was the fact that there's STILL no publication date for the third book.. But I really don't want to wait anymore, PLUS I think Patrick Rothfuss is working on a few novellas, one of which will be in Auri's POV. 8D <3

Dapper Dabbler

Kizsoi
No one I know has read them!! It's been a while since I read them both, but they are fantastic. I couldn't put them down. I can never find anything in the genre which grips me as much as the Name of the Wind did, so I'm very much looking forward to number 3 smile Although I hope I won't have to wait as long for this one as I had to for the last one... selfish, I know. Such good writing takes time, but still.

I agree, waiting is the hardest part! I just finished reading them, and it's like the next book i read is just boring and slow in comparison!

Dapper Dabbler

tea is gross
YES! Finally a topic about this book! I read The Name of the Wind sometime last year and I want to read the second one, but I feel like it's been too long since I've read the first. I'm actually in the middle of re-reading it! I love it so much. <3
Part of what made me not want to read the second one right away was the fact that there's STILL no publication date for the third book.. But I really don't want to wait anymore, PLUS I think Patrick Rothfuss is working on a few novellas, one of which will be in Auri's POV. 8D <3

Oh i admire your restraint! I went and bought the second one as soon as i finished the first! I think i'll just have to keep re-reading them until the next one comes out... And i would love to know Auri's story!! How exciting blaugh

Visionary

XxMellyVxX
tea is gross

Oh i admire your restraint! I went and bought the second one as soon as i finished the first! I think i'll just have to keep re-reading them until the next one comes out... And i would love to know Auri's story!! How exciting blaugh

I follow Patrick Rothfuss on facebook and Goodreads and an very thankful that he's active on both. >.> It makes it seem like waiting is okay since I know he's still out there.. ahaha I make no sense. x__x
I think maybe another reason why I was reluctant to start The Wise Man's Fear because I thought there was going to be no more University. I loved everything surrounding the university and thought "how could he top this??" but..stupid me.. Of course it's about his journey!
I'm not sure how much I've retained of the first book, I don't think I've forgotten TOO much, but re-reading is just too much fun. I'm actually going back and forth between reading and listening on audiobook and found that while audiobook method is slower, it's really fun! (:

Shadowy Rogue

Omg, yes! My favourite books, like ever. I've read both Name of the Wind and Wise Man's Fear like.. 3 times already and I feel like reading NotW again soon.
Can't wait for the third book! Thankfully following mr. Rothfuss on fb and on his blog is making it easier, but ah~ I'm going to freak when it finally is out there.

Green Ladykiller

I had given up on really good fantasy until a friend bought me Name of the Wind. Its life changing. I haven't been so emotionally attached to a character since Rand in The Wheel of Time when I was a youngin'.

Eloquent Sex Symbol

User Image

Oh my god! I came here in the small hope that I'd find a thread about this book, and I was rewarded! No one I know have read it!
I follow his blog avidly and have donated to his charity for the last three years - I love this man and his books!
*hugs you all* User Image
User Image

Visionary

Lykashii
User Image

Oh my god! I came here in the small hope that I'd find a thread about this book, and I was rewarded! No one I know have read it!
I follow his blog avidly and have donated to his charity for the last three years - I love this man and his books!
User Image

Agree! I love reading his blogposts, especially where he gives us updates on his kids.. and the occasional mention of his 3rd book.
To be honest, I wasn't a huge fantasy person until I read this book and fell in love with the genre. I wouldn't have even found this book if it wasn't recommended to me by an ex. xD

Eloquent Sex Symbol

tea is gross
Lykashii
User Image

User Image

Agree! I love reading his blogposts, especially where he gives us updates on his kids.. and the occasional mention of his 3rd book.
To be honest, I wasn't a huge fantasy person until I read this book and fell in love with the genre. I wouldn't have even found this book if it wasn't recommended to me by an ex. xD
User Image

~Sqweeeee : ) I'm still reeling at fellow fans! I'm about to re-read it biggrin User Image
User Image

Visionary

Lykashii
tea is gross
Lykashii
User Image

User Image

User Image

~Sqweeeee : ) I'm still reeling at fellow fans! I'm about to re-read it biggrin User Image
User Image
Really? :'D I don't know if you saw me previous post, but I'm in the middle of re-reading it myself. (: This is actually the first book (that I can recall that isn't a children's book) that I'm re-reading. It is so nice to go back and laugh at all the jokes again. I go back and forth between reading it in between other books and listening to the audiobook at work (because I have a hands-on job that permits me to listen to "music" while working. muahahahahaha)

Eloquent Sex Symbol

tea is gross
Lykashii
tea is gross
Lykashii
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image
Really? :'D I don't know if you saw me previous post, but I'm in the middle of re-reading it myself. (: This is actually the first book (that I can recall that isn't a children's book) that I'm re-reading. It is so nice to go back and laugh at all the jokes again. I go back and forth between reading it in between other books and listening to the audiobook at work (because I have a hands-on job that permits me to listen to "music" while working. muahahahahaha)
User Image

An audiobook would be immense, I really want one!
I've re read the first one about 3 times already, the second a couple of times. I tried re reading not so long ago again, but my copy was in the attic so I was reading on kindle and it just was not the same! Alas I found my copy so I'm going to do that soon!

Forgive me for getting ahead of myself: But please can all of you lovely people keep coming in here? Because this could quickly become my favourite place on gaia! I've never had anyone to talk to about the books before!!! User Image
User Image

Visionary

Lykashii
User Image

An audiobook would be immense, I really want one!
I've re read the first one about 3 times already, the second a couple of times. I tried re reading not so long ago again, but my copy was in the attic so I was reading on kindle and it just was not the same! Alas I found my copy so I'm going to do that soon!

Forgive me for getting ahead of myself: But please can all of you lovely people keep coming in here? Because this could quickly become my favourite place on gaia! I've never had anyone to talk to about the books before!!! User Image
User Image

The audiobook is actually really good! Though I actually have nothing to compare it to since this is the first audiobook I've listened to. I don't usually gravitate towards audiobooks, but when I registed my kindlefire, it came with 2 free credits for audiobooks. And the credit is worth the same if I bought War and Peace or.. Cat in the Hat. So I figured I wanted to get the most bang for my free buck and got The Name of the Wind! :'D
I didn't want to get a book I hadn't read before because... I don't know. I think it would have seemed weird getting to know new characters etc in someone else's voice. I'm not even sure if that makes sense. x__x

Why would you keep books in the attic? D: But yay! I'm glad you're reunited with your lovely books once again. (:

Eloquent Sex Symbol

tea is gross

The audiobook is actually really good! Though I actually have nothing to compare it to since this is the first audiobook I've listened to. I don't usually gravitate towards audiobooks, but when I registed my kindlefire, it came with 2 free credits for audiobooks. And the credit is worth the same if I bought War and Peace or.. Cat in the Hat. So I figured I wanted to get the most bang for my free buck and got The Name of the Wind! :'D
I didn't want to get a book I hadn't read before because... I don't know. I think it would have seemed weird getting to know new characters etc in someone else's voice. I'm not even sure if that makes sense. x__x

Why would you keep books in the attic? D: But yay! I'm glad you're reunited with your lovely books once again. (:
User Image

How did you find it then, hearing it all in someone else's voice? Who is it narrated by?

Oh because I moved from uni to back home and there's no room for all my books, I have like 200 of them D: User Image
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces