Welcome to Gaia! ::

I must say this series of books are the best I have ever read! I love all the characters and the twists the story has. I can't wait to read the 4th one!
And they are making it into a movie! I really hope they don't mess it up like they did with Twilight stare I really liked the Twilight books till the movie came out!

Has anyone read the prequel- Clockwork Angel Infernal Devices?

Steadfast Loiterer

34,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Sorry...I don't share your enthusiasm. I forced myself to finish the first book...and will never read another one in the series. I cared so little for the characters...i was hoping they'd all die at the end.

But i agree on the Twilight...enjoyed the books...hated the movies.
hi smile i for one really enjoyed the mortal instruments series XD and i too cant wait for the coming fourth book ,and the infernal devices are quite good too! it's (for me ) a must read ,i mean i dont know if the others liked it since its in the victorian era but its really good ive read it like 5 times already and so far its romance is still lingering in its pages so yeah its a must read :] and oh yea im suggesting you to also read The Book Theif by Markus Zusak i think its kinda cool too :](but its romance is not that much, but its interesting, its "narrated" by death)

Dangerous Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
I agree - Mortal Instruments is awesome... would be more awesome if we didnt have to wait centuries for the next one... I have having to wait for series. I have read Clockwork Angel, which was also awesome (not quite as gd thoo)
I rather liked the first book, I even liked the second book but I found the third book lost all magic. Oddly enough I don't think it felt like three books. To me it just felt like one very large book.
I'm going to read the fourth book because I'm slightly curious at where she's going to take the story.

I must say, I find it interesting that she got her start from Fanfiction. It says something; nothing good or or bad, just something. She even admits that Jace was based off her fanfiction portrayal of Draco Malfoy.
I thought it was a great series, although I think the end of the third book was a little anti-climatic. I'd like to read the next book but there are others I'd read before I bought that one.
««xxxxxxxxxxxUser ImagexxUser ImagexxUser Imagex
and at last i see the light and at last the fog is lifted

I like the series, but I like certain aspects of it more than others and absolutely hate certain parts. I hate Clary, I hate the whole Clary/Jace romance, I hate the very idea of Simon/Clary.

I do, though, love Magnus and Alec. They're adorable. <3 No spoilers please, I haven't finished the third book quite yet.

Right now, I want to punch Clary in the stomach really, really, really hard. She's such an unlikable jerk-a** and a borderline Sue at this point. It's really pissing me off because she wasn't THIS BAD at the start of the series. Again, just want to punch her in the face.

The racism isn't attractive either and has a ton of unfortunate implications.

User ImagexxUser ImagexxUser Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxx««

all that time never  seeing things and she is here shining in the starlight and i am home

7,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I don't get the love for it. neutral
I'm reading the first book, but it is a complete bore to me. The characters are flat, the writing is too telling, and not showing, and seriously, why write fighting scenes when you can't describe a fight that is too anime-ish for a book? I felt like City of Bones was some rehashed fanfic that the author, who use to be a former fanfic writer, gave to a publisher.

7,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
TrueLightSpirit
I must say this series of books are the best I have ever read! I love all the characters and the twists the story has. I can't wait to read the 4th one!
And they are making it into a movie! I really hope they don't mess it up like they did with Twilight stare I really liked the Twilight books till the movie came out!

plz dint read clockwork angel!!!!! there is really no point to reading it and it has nothing to do with the extended trilogy plot. and as good (or excellent) as the trilogy was, the prequel is not worth reading. something was wrong with her writing when the preq. was written. it was not good.
thnx 4 reading this.
I can't believe there are so many haters in this topic. XD

I for one, am a huge MI fan. I do understand why a lot of people wouldn't like it, as it carries the impression of a number of former stories being combined, but that's part of the charm for me, despite having read and loved many of those stories. The characters are brilliant; not all of them relatable, but fascinating and definitely evocative. Jace and Simon, for example, are certainly not the kind of guys you meet every day on the street, but, after all, people, it is fantasy. Magnus and Alec are adorable, as well as Jace and Clary, Jocelyn and Luke, and Simon and Maia (though, at the beginning of City of Fallen Angels, Simon's dating both Isabelle and Maia). In regards to the comments about end of the third book, I'd say it's not exactly anticlimactic, but Clare did seem to be in a rush to kill off her two villains. I personally think it would be better if she'd left Sebastian (Jonathan) alive. Yeah. Anyway, that's all for now... XD
Katsuyu
TrueLightSpirit

plz dint read clockwork angel!!!!! there is really no point to reading it and it has nothing to do with the extended trilogy plot. and as good (or excellent) as the trilogy was, the prequel is not worth reading. something was wrong with her writing when the preq. was written. it was not good.
thnx 4 reading this.

I have read it and I really like it!

In a relationship with davidmerwin

Shameless Bookworm

25,050 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
i for one love books and i like this series. i liked clockwork angel, i thought it was pretty good and i'm hoping/ waiting for the next one. clockwork angel maybe a prequel but it is also a whole other series that she is writing. though on the other hand i do not plan to read the fourth book that she has coming out for mortal instruments, cause i hear it's not worth reading and that the main character changes.

2,500 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I loved this series. I can't wait to get my hands on the fourth book. I wish i weren't broke right now. crying It disturbs me a little how much the media compares this to twilight though. They are NOTHING alike.
I thoroughly enjoyed this series. It was very entertaining.
BrightEyedRebel
I can't believe there are so many haters in this topic. XD

I for one, am a huge MI fan. I do understand why a lot of people wouldn't like it, as it carries the impression of a number of former stories being combined, but that's part of the charm for me, despite having read and loved many of those stories. The characters are brilliant; not all of them relatable, but fascinating and definitely evocative. Jace and Simon, for example, are certainly not the kind of guys you meet every day on the street, but, after all, people, it is fantasy. Magnus and Alec are adorable, as well as Jace and Clary, Jocelyn and Luke, and Simon and Maia (though, at the beginning of City of Fallen Angels, Simon's dating both Isabelle and Maia). In regards to the comments about end of the third book, I'd say it's not exactly anticlimactic, but Clare did seem to be in a rush to kill off her two villains. I personally think it would be better if she'd left Sebastian (Jonathan) alive. Yeah. Anyway, that's all for now... XD
Oh please, no - there's not enough haters in this topic. I mean, no one's brought up the fact that Clare a plagiarist and lifted material straight out of published works, that she demanded her fans buy her a new laptop in order for her to keep writing fanfic, that the name "Mortal Instruments" comes from a Ginny/Ron incest fic she wrote, or even that the only reason why Clare is even published is because she's butt buddies with Holly Black.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff