Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I admit I don't understand most of Kruppe's tirades. And yes Iskaral is really funny. I like that he thinks aloud. He's really crazy, like Shadowthrone. And speaking of Shadowthrone...I think Cotillion's really sexy *fangirl squee* I remember that scene where Kalam called for him when he, Quick Ben and Stormy were climbing the K'Chain Che'malle...thingy. He was floating and eating an apple *squee*

Wheezing Lunatic

I am not yet done.
>>>>>>>>>>

INORITE? *squees also*

I also find Silchas Ruin sexy. IDK why.

The thingy is a 'sky keep'.

<<<<<<<<<<

WITNESS.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
By the way, do you think Karsa's capable of destroying...civilization?

Wheezing Lunatic

I am not yet done.
>>>>>>>>>>

Eh, no. I really don't care that much about Karsa's goals, truth be told.

Well, I don't think he'll succeed in the long term, though being Karsa he's sure to score lots of victories.

Humans will always find a way to improve their situation. There's a reason why there was no civilization back then and there is one now--it's an acknowledgement that the humans need to improve their condition rather than continue living the life of hunter-gatherers.

How about you?

<<<<<<<<<<

WITNESS.
Hey there are some other Malazan fans out there.

I read through book eight, last I recall. I have book nine on my nook, need to get started on it. Very unsure how he's gonna wrap everything up in just two more books, and am worried he's leaving storylines and questions unanswered because they aren't part of the main plot.

Hood is a boss. I actually really like Shadowthrone too, cause he's a chessmaster.

Whatever happened to Ganoes Paran is my main question, really. I swear the last time I saw him he had just taken over Dujek's army.

Wheezing Lunatic

Lieutenant_Charon
Hey there are some other Malazan fans out there.

I read through book eight, last I recall. I have book nine on my nook, need to get started on it. Very unsure how he's gonna wrap everything up in just two more books, and am worried he's leaving storylines and questions unanswered because they aren't part of the main plot.

Hood is a boss. I actually really like Shadowthrone too, cause he's a chessmaster.

Whatever happened to Ganoes Paran is my main question, really. I swear the last time I saw him he had just taken over Dujek's army.

I am not yet done.
>>>>>>>>>>

Hey there, fellow Malazan fan!

I can tell you he'll wrap up most of the major plotlines. There are arcs that at first seem pointless but will have a role in the last two books. smile

Shadowthrone's mad, but he's very good at what he does. Same for Hood--he's badass.

About Paran...you'll find out. Don't you worry.
smile

<<<<<<<<<<

WITNESS.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Chouryou
I am not yet done.
>>>>>>>>>>

Well, I don't think he'll succeed in the long term, though being Karsa he's sure to score lots of victories.

Humans will always find a way to improve their situation. There's a reason why there was no civilization back then and there is one now--it's an acknowledgement that the humans need to improve their condition rather than continue living the life of hunter-gatherers.

How about you?

<<<<<<<<<<

WITNESS.
Karsa still thinks like a child even after his experience with 'civilized' people. I don't know if he'll succeed but just thinking about it is scary. Maybe someone's strong enough to oppose him when that time comes.
I just finished The Crippled God and I've got to say Fiddler is my favorite all time character.

Wheezing Lunatic

missemmyc
I just finished The Crippled God and I've got to say Fiddler is my favorite all time character.

I am not yet done.
>>>>>>>>>>

Yay!

Fid's simply one of the best characters. I like how he had changed from book 1 to 10, becoming better in each book.

<<<<<<<<<<

WITNESS.

Wheezing Lunatic

Ping of Death
Chouryou
I am not yet done.
>>>>>>>>>>

How about you?

<<<<<<<<<<

WITNESS.
Karsa still thinks like a child even after his experience with 'civilized' people. I don't know if he'll succeed but just thinking about it is scary. Maybe someone's strong enough to oppose him when that time comes.
I am not yet done.
>>>>>>>>>>

Scary indeed. Who would want to battle an army of twelve-foot-tall muscular men who wield bigass swords, and whose leader is intelligent and magically immune?

<<<<<<<<<<

WITNESS.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Looks like Erikson has turned into a philosopher in Toll the Hounds. It's fine but it sometimes feels like it's too much.

Wheezing Lunatic

I am not yet done.
>>>>>>>>>>

Then I shall advise you...get ready for Dust of Dreams.

Aargh, I swear, reading Sinter and Kisswhere's parts is a CHORE. Maybe it's just me, but I dislike them.

<<<<<<<<<<

WITNESS.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I'm about to start reading Dust of Dreams.

After reading Toll the Hounds, all I can say is...Hood is still awesome!

Wheezing Lunatic

Ping of Death
Hood is still awesome!

I am not yet done.
>>>>>>>>>>

Indeed! What he did is so courageous. I mean...who else would do what he did?

Just finished Night of Knives and am moving on to Return of the Crimson Guard. I actually like NoK; it's a nice change of pace, since Esslemont is only focusing on one particular event (one night!) and fewer characters. There's only a few mind-blowing events and revelations, and it is refreshing, IMO.

<<<<<<<<<<

WITNESS.
What can you tell me about the pantheon of gods in the series?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff