Welcome to Gaia! ::

Draconian Lover

40,300 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Winter Guardian 250
Mine was Anne McCaffrey who wrote Dragon Song . After I read Dragon Song , I fell in love with reading .

So what was you first book the made you fall in love with reading ?

heart xd heart

Angelic Gaian

14,650 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
i don't even know, i loved reading since i remember. when i was younger i read mary kate and ashely books, junie b jones books, fairy realm series, the magic treehouse series. i then moved to ya paranormal series by kelley armstrong ( 12-15) the hunger games lauren oliver, i am number 4 .(13-1 cool after that my reading habits picked up a lot.

Hygienic Noob

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I can't really remember, but Enid Blyton's books were my favourite as a child 3nodding

Questionable Worker

8,575 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I've been reading for a long time...but the first book to really alter me as a reader was actually two books.

Polgara the Sorceress by David Eddings and Green Rider by Kirsten Britain.

They were the first books I ever bought myself and they were the best things I'd ever read. They really changed me. I know it's books like The Fault In Our Stars and The Life of Pi that are supposed to change the way you look at the world but for me... I couldn't get enough. And it's all down to Eddings and Britain.

My bank account would be a lot safer without them!

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
I really can't remember... I loved reading from 1st grade onwards...

But some of my first "novels" were famous German books and the Goosebumps books.

If you mean any books at all, it was probably something like The Very Hungry Caterpillar or The Rainbow Fish.

Supportive Friend

True Self i read it when i was 6

Sinbbus's Wife

Sparkling Fairy

42,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Magical Girl 50
This is hard to answer but I have always read books. I got my library card when I was 6, it was even one of those old paper ones until they library upgraded a few years later. I think I must of favored picture books or other quick reads because by the time I was 8ish my mother made a rule for me that I could only check out chapter books from the library(including the schools library) so this lead to countless books and series such as Nancy Drew, Baby Sitters club, Hardy Boys, BoxCar Children; I really liked series and mysteries, but I remember reading stand alone books as well like the Egyptian Game.
By the time I was it was Goosebumps and Sweet Valley (twins/high/ect.) because I think my mom thought goosebumps was too boyish so she got me some "girly" books. But in her favor she also started getting me the classics like Black Beauty, Little Woman, Moby d**k ( I think my dad actually bought that one) Anne of Green Gables....it goes on.
By the time I was 12-13 though my genre love was set in stone to fantasy. By then I had read books such as the Chronicles of Narnia, The Hobbit, and many others. It was also at this age that I too discovered Anne McCaffery and Pern. And even after typing all this I still can't answer your question sweatdrop

Brainy Genius

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I think it was Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. But I'm not sure. smile

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
The first book I can remember reading, I read sometime before preschool. It was Caps For Sale. Either that, or The Story of Ferdinand.

The first chapterbook was in Kindergarten, and it was The Pushcart War.

Divine Whisperer

31,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The first book I remember reading myself was
The Music of Dolphins by Karen Hesse.
It was second grade, and the school librarian (I got it at a book "fair" which was held in our library once a year) was surprised I wanted it since it was for older kids.
I think I understood it completely but it has been awhile since I read it. I should read it again...

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
My very first "adult" book was The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King

but the book that TRULY sparked my love of words was Anne Bishops The Black Jewels Series.

Lunatic

The first book I've read is The Bible.

Tipsy Bookworm

I remember learning to read with a book about a bug in a rug. It was a very simple rhyming menace and I hated it so much. I hated reading when I was learning but somehow I fell in love with reading and I can't remember the book that changed my mind but I will always remember that first book.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I was an early reader I read my first golden book at the age of about 4 or 5 but I still loved my mother reading to me and no i can't remember exactly what the golden book was called but around 9 I read my first 'big persons book' called Bow Down Shadrach.
i was forced to read "shall we tell the president" by jeff archer because of a book report.
after that i read "the partner" by john grisham.

i've read a few light novels before finally writing my own book(s). 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces