Beloved Shapeshifter

Books I hate...

let's see...

-Lord of the Flies
-Hunchback of Notre Dome (unabridged)
-The Great Gatsby
-The Crucible
-Grapes of Wrath

(Is it me..or has everyone across the US had to read these books for school? I couldn't stand them! Though ones I liked were To Kill A Mockingbird, Farenheit 451, and Jane Eyre ( heart ) )

..Because school is EVIL!!
The Tale of the Body Thief by Anne Rice, don't get me wrong I love her Vampire Chronicles series. It's just that this particular book was absolutely terrible. Lestat was like a totally different character then he was in the other books. He was very whiny and pathetic, which in Interview with a Vampire he constantly scolded Louie for being. It was just such a radical character change.

Adventuring Duck

the book i hate with a passion i mean there is absolutely NOTHING good about it (seriously, not a thing) was A Farewell To Arms. with other books that aren't my favorite they at least have one good point about them but not this one: Great Expectations: great plot, couldn't stand the fact it had 5 pages telling of how the sky was black. The Scarlet Letter: don't really hate it at all but i knew the whole book by chapter two. The Glorious Cause: some good parts some bad parts. it was inconsistent. BUT AFTA was just plain horrible to me!!! it read like it was written by a kindergartner. i knew the ending too fast. it was supposed to be "anti-war" but i got from is that "crap happens". the dialogue was so clipped or something: not short but... maybe redundant? yeah. so i have made the conclusion that the publisher was under some STRONG opium at the time of the books marketing. that is all.
Hmm, well this is easy...

-Twilight
-New Moon
-Eclipse
- Aller Retour
- Le Don

stressed Those books were painful to read. As well as this other book, I can't remember what it was called but nothing was explained at all. It was like a horrible rip off of Narnia except, you know, it was crap.
The Fairy Tales. I hate them! they make the girls look like sissys! Slay your own dragon you prissy brat!

tuni fish's Pardner

Questionable Investigator

The only books I can really remember disliking is The Color Purple, Grapes of Wrath and The Scarlett Letter. They were just very uninteresting to me, and I found myself distancing myself from the story because of the characters xp
I don't know about hate since it's such a strong word, but books that left a bad taste in my mouth are:

Wicked; I loathe books/movies that try and empathize a villain who was b***** for no reason. I don't consider it canon since Baum didn't write it.
Eclipse; Love triangle, EVERYONE gained the brain power of Ralph Wiggum, all the main characters were selfish and unlikable while other lesser characters became worse, and it was over all horrible.
Eragon; Do I have to say it?
The Secret History of the Pink Carnation - Lauren Willig

I honestly can't see why it's popular.
Heart of Darkness
Things Fall Apart
Lord of the Flies
The Grapes of Wrath
Honestly...Animal Farm. I absolutely loathe that book.
Lord of the Flies - A pale imitation of Heart of Darkness that attempted to live up to Conrad's greatness, and ******** failed. Stupid, illogical, and not worked out. Tried to be deep and ended up dumb.

Catcher in the Rye - A ******** joke of a book. Holden is a completely unsympathetic a*****e who is supposed to be special or something, and is just another rich kid with mental problems. He needs help, big ******** deal.

Eragon: Horribly written, it should never have been published. Likewise, it was completely derivative and completely cliche and stupid.

Anything by David Eddings: First off, the guy's a p***k. Second, he's wrote for the money, and is a shame to the genre. Third, he's a bad writer, full of cliche, and derivative and stupid.
Twilight OMFGGGGGGG

the book is horrible and im not even gonna bother reading the other two

there is no character development and the story is absolet and this lady is writing the view of vampires in the what i like to call "prep version"

First off Edward ooooooooooo boy. He is a vampire who dose not drink from humans but drinks from animals *now what other popular vampire books have we heard this from i wonder...* he plays baseball...WTF WHEN WHERE VAMPIRES ALL THE SUDDEN BALL PLAYERS!??!?!?!?!?! and here is the best part get ready for this. HE CAN COME OUT IN THE DAY!!!!! dose it burn him? dose it blind him. no. it acctualy makes him sparkle... SPARKLE WTF WHY THE ******** IS HE SPARKLING HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A FEARED CREATURE OF THE NIGHT NOT A ******** DIMOND! HE IS SO FREAKIN CHESSey. "your excatly my brand of heroin. And the lion fell in love with the lamb." I MEAN WHO THE FREAK DID SHE GET THIS STUFF FROM

Bella is also annoying. She bacily is here to say " HEY GUYS I MAKE THIS BOOK OUT TO BE LIKE EVERY OTHER BOOK ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL LIFE LOL" lets take a closer look shall we?
character development

1- Normal looking girl falls madly in love with hottest guy in school. LE GASP NO WAII NEVER HEARD OF THAT : O

2- Boy trys to tell girl that if she stays with him she will be sorry. Maby not high school but how many movies have people said that before.

(MORE OF MY RANT TO COME MUWAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA) TWILIGHT IS JUST A READ FOR GIRLS WHO WANT TO HAVE A DREAM BOY WHO IS A VAMPIRE WHO DOSENT WANT TO KILL THEM

normal edward fangirl- OMG EDWARD IS THE SMEX

me- *cough* just a word till that god awful movie come out*cough*
The Dark Keyblade Master
Twilight OMFGGGGGGG

the book is horrible and im not even gonna bother reading the other two

there is no character development and the story is absolet and this lady is writing the view of vampires in the what i like to call "prep version"

First off Edward ooooooooooo boy. He is a vampire who dose not drink from humans but drinks from animals *now what other popular vampire books have we heard this from i wonder...* he plays baseball...WTF WHEN WHERE VAMPIRES ALL THE SUDDEN BALL PLAYERS!??!?!?!?!?! and here is the best part get ready for this. HE CAN COME OUT IN THE DAY!!!!! dose it burn him? dose it blind him. no. it acctualy makes him sparkle... SPARKLE WTF WHY THE f**k IS HE SPARKLING HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A FEARED CREATURE OF THE NIGHT NOT A ******** DIMOND! HE IS SO FREAKIN CHESSey. "your excatly my brand of heroin. And the lion fell in love with the lamb." I MEAN WHO THE FREAK DID SHE GET THIS STUFF FROM

Bella is also annoying. She bacily is here to say " HEY GUYS I MAKE THIS BOOK OUT TO BE LIKE EVERY OTHER BOOK ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL LIFE LOL" lets take a closer look shall we?
character development

1- Normal looking girl falls madly in love with hottest guy in school. LE GASP NO WAII NEVER HEARD OF THAT : O

2- Boy trys to tell girl that if she stays with him she will be sorry. Maby not high school but how many movies have people said that before.

(MORE OF MY RANT TO COME MUWAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA) TWILIGHT IS JUST A READ FOR GIRLS WHO WANT TO HAVE A DREAM BOY WHO IS A VAMPIRE WHO DOSENT WANT TO KILL THEM

normal edward fangirl- OMG EDWARD IS THE SMEX

me- *cough* just a word till that god awful movie come out*cough*

Don't read Eclipse, for your sanity's sake don't read the third book- LOVE TRIANGLE.

You might want to read New Moon since Jake replaces Ed in terms of appearances, and he is so much more likable. Problem is, is that Bella becomes emo and no one is willing to talk to her about it.

Happy Potter - OMG, I seriously just can't get past chapter one for some reason. I went to see the first couple of movies and was bored out of my mind.

I just can't get into it.
I friend forced me to read this one Amelia Attwater Rhodes (sp?) book, and it was the worst thing I ever had to put myself through.

And then I tried to read Eragon, and had to put it down after the 3rd chapter. ;P

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff