Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello My name is Kaci and i was wondering if you guys could recommend any good books for this summer. I am into like fiction and fantasy and stuff like that. below are a few books that i have read that i like. Of course i am open to new genres and any books are good for me. i just need something to do this summer.

Percy Jackson 1-5
Twilight 1-4 and the bree tanner book
Read the first book of Vampire Kisses
Thirst no 1-4
House of Night (i have read marked through burned on that series)
Hunger Games

Any books like those and mystery books i love!!!. but any Genre

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
krazykaci
Hello My name is Kaci and i was wondering if you guys could recommend any good books for this summer. I am into like fiction and fantasy and stuff like that. below are a few books that i have read that i like. Of course i am open to new genres and any books are good for me. i just need something to do this summer.

Percy Jackson 1-5
Thirst no 1-4

Hunger Games

Don't bother with the books I crossed off. They aren't worth your time.

Since you seem to like vampire stories, and say you like mysteries.. check your local Wal-Mart for a book called Dark Shadows: The Salem Branch. It was written by Lara Parker, who played Angelique in the original soap, and she's surprisingly not bad. Not great, but not bad.

You can also try Salem's Lot, by Stephen King. Less mystery, more vampires.

If you like Hunger Games, try A Clockwork Orange, Fahrenheit 451, 1984, Brave New World, and anything by Harlan Ellison.

Given your present reading level, I'd suggest The Phantom Tollbooth, Watership Down, or Peter Pan.
Exoth XIII
krazykaci

Percy Jackson 1-5
Thirst no 1-4

Hunger Games

Don't bother with the books I crossed off. They aren't worth your time.

Since you seem to like vampire stories, and say you like mysteries.. check your local Wal-Mart for a book called Dark Shadows: The Salem Branch. It was written by Lara Parker, who played Angelique in the original soap, and she's surprisingly not bad. Not great, but not bad.

You can also try Salem's Lot, by Stephen King. Less mystery, more vampires.

If you like Hunger Games, try A Clockwork Orange, Fahrenheit 451, 1984, Brave New World, and anything by Harlan Ellison.

Given your present reading level, I'd suggest The Phantom Tollbooth, Watership Down, or Peter Pan.

thanks and lol those were the books i have already read so i have already waisted my time smile lol ok i will try some of these out. they sound interesting.

Interesting Gaian

Hi Kaci, Its Cookie! biggrin
You should read Ella Enchanted, 3nodding
no reason why, stare
its just a good book heart
ActuallyCookie
Hi Kaci, Its Cookie! biggrin
You should read Ella Enchanted, 3nodding
no reason why, stare
its just a good book heart

yeah i like that movie but the book is always better i think my sis has that there is something for me to do smile

Friendly Conversationalist

I just read a book called Partials by Dan Wells. I really liked it!
Since you liked hunger games i would recommend it 100%
I think since you liked The Hunger Games, these other dystopias in the same age group you might like.

Divergent by Veronica Roth and its sequel.

Matched by Ally Condie and its sequel.

Friendly Lover

7,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Forest of hands and teeth

Rot and ruined(I haven't finished it myself, had to return it to the library but it was amazing.)

Almost to die for by Tate Hallaway - My favorite vampire book series, she is an amazing author.

Born wicked by jessica spotswood - I just started reading it and its good.

Thats all I got for right now. What i usually do is go on the library site and search the subjest for witches or vampires and I always find a good book I should check out.
a walk to remember by Nicholas Sparks, it makes me cry. jkhsjkhfdkjhsdjkhd, it's just a very very good book!
MaryBarton
a walk to remember by Nicholas Sparks, it makes me cry. jkhsjkhfdkjhsdjkhd, it's just a very very good book!

yeah i heard the was a good book of course all books by him are good. i read the last song and i literally cried.
krazykaci
MaryBarton

yeah i heard the was a good book of course all books by him are good. i read the last song and i literally cried.

oh yeah, me too. I love 'the last song' but I don't like the film....WITH MILEY CYRIUS! omg.....no o.o
MaryBarton
krazykaci
MaryBarton

oh yeah, me too. I love 'the last song' but I don't like the film....WITH MILEY CYRIUS! omg.....no o.o

i watched it. it was ok but i wish they would have choosen someone else. i mean she is in a crap load of movies already they should have picked someone less famous. also even though i hat eher the movie made me cry as well
hunger games & percy jackson are good series. maybe try "matched," "127 hours on the moon," "across the universe," or "akata witch."

Romantic Prophet

9,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Forum Regular 100
1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
2. Misfortune: A Novel by Wesley Stace
3. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (this is a classic, wonderfully written, although I do suggested the abridged version)
4. Any book by John Green, but namely The Fault in Our Stars
5. Waiting for Snow in Havana by Carlos Eires. (This is a biography but is written like a fictional book. Very entertaining, very well-written)
6. Wicked and Confessions of an Ugly Step-Sister by Gregory MaGuire

These are all wonderful books, all but one fiction, and all very powerful. Les Miserables itself is being re-made into a movie, so if that encourages you to read it any more than by all means. But either way, I assure you that these are amazing books.
Victorias Doll
1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
2. Misfortune: A Novel by Wesley Stace
3. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (this is a classic, wonderfully written, although I do suggested the abridged version)
4. Any book by John Green, but namely The Fault in Our Stars
5. Waiting for Snow in Havana by Carlos Eires. (This is a biography but is written like a fictional book. Very entertaining, very well-written)
6. Wicked and Confessions of an Ugly Step-Sister by Gregory MaGuire

These are all wonderful books, all but one fiction, and all very powerful. Les Miserables itself is being re-made into a movie, so if that encourages you to read it any more than by all means. But either way, I assure you that these are amazing books.

yeah we read the book thing in my english 09 class last year. I loved it but some parts made me cry.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff