Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Humorist

5,250 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Lady Matsi-

Those actually seem really great! I'll definitely have to check them out.
What others do you like?

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Lady Matsi
Tsuki_Kirkland
really ? which book is it ? I know Under the Dome which is one of his books was made into a television series. Plus he’s had tons of his other works as either movies or tv specials. ( The Langoliers for example)

Most of his works don't translate well into film. Langoliers was a good story but a horrible movie.

True, a lot of them haven’t .
I am a HUGE Stephen King fan and alot of his book I either own or have read. I am by no means a fanatic, but I would like to consider myself a big fan of the man.

As for his books, Joyland I have not even heard of, but I will have to look for it. Storm of the century and The Stand were a couple of his earlier ones that are always a fun read. Salems Lot was excellent and Cujo was very captivating..least to me it was.

Far as I know...IT and Storm of the century were two of his books that went to movies and were fairly well received. I still have plenty of his material that I need to read, but he is one of my favorite authors to read besides Poe and Janet Evanovich.

Mewling Genius

8,800 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Timid 100
  • Generous 100
Tsuki_Kirkland
Lady Matsi
Tsuki_Kirkland
really ? which book is it ? I know Under the Dome which is one of his books was made into a television series. Plus he’s had tons of his other works as either movies or tv specials. ( The Langoliers for example)

Most of his works don't translate well into film. Langoliers was a good story but a horrible movie.

True, a lot of them haven’t .

This amuses me cause i tend to prefer his films to his books. I grew up watching The Langoliers. It scared the bejeeszus out of me. I have a coffee table book somewhere that is a pre-iMDB guide to his films up to The Tommyknockers.

PriestessAmy's Princess

Sparkly Bun

Lady Matsi
Sugar-Coated Accident
I don't know that I'd feel right describing myself as a fanatic, since I've only read a third to a half of what he's written, but I own nearly everything aside from most of his non-fiction and Cycle of the Werewolf. I definitely do enjoy his work, though. The Shining never fails to terrify me, and It scarred me for life.

IT was horrifying on so many levels. The dog/fridge part had me sobbing.

I don't remember many of the specifics of it; I was still in grade school when I read it. But it did leave me completely terrified of clowns.

PriestessAmy's Princess

Sparkly Bun

PunkRockPromQueen_x
Sugar-Coated Accident
I don't know that I'd feel right describing myself as a fanatic, since I've only read a third to a half of what he's written, but I own nearly everything aside from most of his non-fiction and Cycle of the Werewolf. I definitely do enjoy his work, though. The Shining never fails to terrify me, and It scarred me for life.
Haha, I have only read half of IT but the movie is great. The book's even better. I haven't read The Shining. I've got so much to learn haha.

I actually didn't care for the movie, but I'm not a huge movie fan.

Wealthy Giver

I haven't read that yet.
I've just finished Rose Red.

Witty Humorist

5,250 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Chalice King-
I love Poe! I'm also a huge Bukowski fan, and I've been starting to get into Vonnegut and whatnot.

Sugar-Coated-
What!? I am such a huge movie fan.. lol. I never really have much time to read/watch movies anymore, but I do love when I have the time!

Blackout-
You read Rose Red? How was that? I watched the movie when I was a kid but holy cow was it long.

PriestessAmy's Princess

Sparkly Bun

PunkRockPromQueen_x
Sugar-Coated-
What!? I am such a huge movie fan.. lol. I never really have much time to read/watch movies anymore, but I do love when I have the time!.

Yeah. Insane as it sounds, I don't have the attention span for movies; I'm likely to get up and walk off halfway through to find something else to do.

Diamond Bear

I actually just finished Doctor Sleep the other day. I really liked it. Though, there were some plot things I didn't care for:

- it seems TOO convienent that Danny and Abra were related. Like, did he reaaalllyyy need to be her literal uncle?? I felt King kinda threw that one in at half-thought.
- I wanted to know more about the other members of the True Knot aside from Crow, Rose the Hat and Andi.

I have his book 'On Writing', which really helps with my writing craft. I grew up reading Carrie, Salem's Lot and It so his writing has really influenced mine.

Witty Humorist

5,250 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
misty sundays
I actually just finished Doctor Sleep the other day. I really liked it. Though, there were some plot things I didn't care for:

- it seems TOO convienent that Danny and Abra were related. Like, did he reaaalllyyy need to be her literal uncle?? I felt King kinda threw that one in at half-thought.
- I wanted to know more about the other members of the True Knot aside from Crow, Rose the Hat and Andi.

I have his book 'On Writing', which really helps with my writing craft. I grew up reading Carrie, Salem's Lot and It so his writing has really influenced mine.
Thank you for hiding the spoiler, but I ended up reading it as I'm quoting your response...lol. Oh well.
I'll probably forget what it said sooner or later, and go on about my business. Was it good?

You write, too!?
I'm a creative writing major. I read 'On Writing' last semester in one of my classes and loved it.
I just took my poetry quiz and bombed it, probably because i'm all Gaia'd out and it's been a long day.
D:

Witty Humorist

5,250 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Sugar-Coated Accident
PunkRockPromQueen_x
Sugar-Coated-
What!? I am such a huge movie fan.. lol. I never really have much time to read/watch movies anymore, but I do love when I have the time!.

Yeah. Insane as it sounds, I don't have the attention span for movies; I'm likely to get up and walk off halfway through to find something else to do.
Ha, sounds like a lot of people I know.
I love my lazy days, but I'm pretty active too, although my leg is currently broken
so I've been doing a whole lot of nothing lately. >.>

PriestessAmy's Princess

Sparkly Bun

PunkRockPromQueen_x
Sugar-Coated Accident
PunkRockPromQueen_x
Sugar-Coated-

Ha, sounds like a lot of people I know.
I love my lazy days, but I'm pretty active too, although my leg is currently broken
so I've been doing a whole lot of nothing lately. >.>

The craziest part is I can sit and read for six hours no problem.
Ech, no fun!

Witty Humorist

5,250 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Sugar-Coated Accident

Ech, no fun!
Haha, wow. Six hours? I don't think I can sit that long for anything.
Only because I get hungry, and I fiend for a cigarette, and then have to pee or something.
I like your username by the way.
4laugh

PriestessAmy's Princess

Sparkly Bun

PunkRockPromQueen_x
Sugar-Coated Accident

Ech, no fun!
Haha, wow. Six hours? I don't think I can sit that long for anything.
Only because I get hungry, and I fiend for a cigarette, and then have to pee or something.
I like your username by the way.
4laugh

Oh, I don't necessarily sit still the whole time. I have mastered the art of reading while walking. I just keep reading as I take care of whatever.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff