Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Humorist

5,250 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Tsuki_Kirkland

really ? which book is it ? I know Under the Dome which is one of his books was made into a television series. Plus he’s had tons of his other works as either movies or tv specials. ( The Langoliers for example)
You must be a far more dedicated fan than I,
but I'm just now discovering how much I love the dude.
Have you heard about this ALS ice bucket challenge?
Sure, it's all over social media at the moment, but Stephen King did it
and it was so adorable (lol)
And "A Good Marriage", I believe.
I want to read Under the Dome before I watch it,
but I haven't heard very good things about it.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
PunkRockPromQueen_x
Tsuki_Kirkland

really ? which book is it ? I know Under the Dome which is one of his books was made into a television series. Plus he’s had tons of his other works as either movies or tv specials. ( The Langoliers for example)
You must be a far more dedicated fan than I,
but I'm just now discovering how much I love the dude.
Have you heard about this ALS ice bucket challenge?
Sure, it's all over social media at the moment, but Stephen King did it
and it was so adorable (lol)
And "A Good Marriage", I believe.
I want to read Under the Dome before I watch it,
but I haven't heard very good things about it.

I wouldn’t say that, I’ve just read a lot of his stuff. Since you’re staring out you’ll find a lot of great stuff by him. Yes I have , really he did? Now I have to go see that , that would be interesting. Hm Never heard of that one . I’ll have to look into it.

Witty Humorist

5,250 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Tsuki_Kirkland

I wouldn’t say that, I’ve just read a lot of his stuff. Since you’re staring out you’ll find a lot of great stuff by him. Yes I have , really he did? Now I have to go see that , that would be interesting. Hm Never heard of that one . I’ll have to look into it.
Ah, okay. Gotcha. And thank you. Are you a writer at all? For class we had to read his book On Writing, and I really enjoyed it. He includes some autobiographical material, but not too much. It's good for writers especially. He's truly a master of the craft.
smile

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
PunkRockPromQueen_x
Tsuki_Kirkland

Ah, okay. Gotcha. And thank you. Are you a writer at all? For class we had to read his book On Writing, and I really enjoyed it. He includes some autobiographical material, but not too much. It's good for writers especially. He's truly a master of the craft.
smile

Nope, but that sounds interesting. Did you all have to analyze what he talked about in his book ?

Witty Humorist

5,250 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Tsuki_Kirkland
PunkRockPromQueen_x
Tsuki_Kirkland

smile

Nope, but that sounds interesting. Did you all have to analyze what he talked about in his book ?
Not really, no.
We mainly just discussed the literary elements/the advice he gave to his readers.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
PunkRockPromQueen_x

Ah I see, that still sounds interesitng. I’m sure he gave great advice.

Witty Humorist

5,250 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Tsuki_Kirkland
PunkRockPromQueen_x

He most certainly did.
Well, if you check it out anytime soon, let me know what you think!

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
PunkRockPromQueen_x
Tsuki_Kirkland
PunkRockPromQueen_x

He most certainly did.
Well, if you check it out anytime soon, let me know what you think!

I certainly will

PriestessAmy's Princess

Sparkly Bun

I don't know that I'd feel right describing myself as a fanatic, since I've only read a third to a half of what he's written, but I own nearly everything aside from most of his non-fiction and Cycle of the Werewolf. I definitely do enjoy his work, though. The Shining never fails to terrify me, and It scarred me for life.

Devoted Smoker

13,000 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I am a huge fan and I'm trying to collect his entire collection. Still missing a lot but I have so many that I still need to read. I have never read Joyland. I think my favorite might be Insomnia or Cell.

Devoted Smoker

13,000 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Tsuki_Kirkland

Most of his works don't translate well into film. Langoliers was a good story but a horrible movie.

Devoted Smoker

13,000 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Sugar-Coated Accident
I don't know that I'd feel right describing myself as a fanatic, since I've only read a third to a half of what he's written, but I own nearly everything aside from most of his non-fiction and Cycle of the Werewolf. I definitely do enjoy his work, though. The Shining never fails to terrify me, and It scarred me for life.

IT was horrifying on so many levels. The dog/fridge part had me sobbing.

Witty Humorist

5,250 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Sugar-Coated Accident
Haha, I have only read half of IT but the movie is great. The book's even better. I haven't read The Shining. I've got so much to learn haha.

Witty Humorist

5,250 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Lady Matsi
I am a huge fan and I'm trying to collect his entire collection. Still missing a lot but I have so many that I still need to read. I have never read Joyland. I think my favorite might be Insomnia or Cell.
What are those about?
I've heard of them, but they're older, right?
I have so many I want to read, but so little time!
I'm taking four classes right now and I'm a creative writing major, so you see the dilemma. evil

Devoted Smoker

13,000 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PunkRockPromQueen_x
Lady Matsi
What are those about?
I've heard of them, but they're older, right?
I have so many I want to read, but so little time!
I'm taking four classes right now and I'm a creative writing major, so you see the dilemma. evil

Insomnia is really difficult to explain without giving anything away. It's about this widowed man who begins to suffer from insomnia. Suddenly he starts seeing things. He can see when a person is going to die by their "balloon string"

Cell:
The story follows a New England artist struggling to reunite with his young son after a mysterious signal broadcast over the global cell phone network turns the majority of his fellow humans into mindless vicious animals.

Cell came out in 2006. Insomnia is 94.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces