Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
Yes reading rainbow is coming back, I for one am excited I loved the show growing up and any way to help kids today read is fantastic the kickstarter already got 2 million dollars over 2 days.
wolfion
Yes reading rainbow is coming back, I for one am excited I loved the show growing up and any way to help kids today read is fantastic the kickstarter already got 2 million dollars over 2 days.

How long has it been since we heard from Reading Rainbow?

Sparkly Lunatic

I heard an interview on NPR with LeVar Burto just yesterday 3nodding I'm very excited I LOVED Reading Rainbow when I was little, now that I have my own toddlers I read to them all the time and I'd love to share this experience with them heart

Lonely Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
Starlite Sammy
I heard an interview on NPR with LeVar Burto just yesterday 3nodding I'm very excited I LOVED Reading Rainbow when I was little, now that I have my own toddlers I read to them all the time and I'd love to share this experience with them heart

The kickstarter is still going strong 3 million donated, when it hits 5 million he'll be putting reading rainbow on all major video game consoles and and an additional 6k classrooms
The support so far is inspiring! I have such fond memories of that show. I can still sing the theme song sweatdrop

I think this plan will really do some good. Illiteracy is a tragedy and any effort is a noble one.

Lonely Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
nomdeplume1795
The support so far is inspiring! I have such fond memories of that show. I can still sing the theme song sweatdrop

I think this plan will really do some good. Illiteracy is a tragedy and any effort is a noble one.

I've been told I should be a teacher with how much I care about Illiteracy nowadays
Just take a look..

It's in a book!

Fashionable Bookworm

11,500 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Person of Interest 200
LeVar Burton re-packaged Reading Rainbow (brand name RRKIDZ) into an app for Kindles and iPads before this came along. I'm so happy! This show got me into reading some great books! I donated my fair share, too (a measly $125 to the $3M+ already accumulated). You know, if it wasn't for this program and LeVar Burton, I wouldn't had loved reading and learning about other cultures. smile

I even wrote a blog post about the things I learned from Reading Rainbow: http://wp.me/p10nQf-jY
wolfion
nomdeplume1795

I've been told I should be a teacher with how much I care about Illiteracy nowadays

We will need all the help we can gain to fight Illiteracy, it affects how well anyone can spell at all as they type, among other things.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff