Welcome to Gaia! ::

10,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
Does anyone here like the Mercy Thompson series? Or the Alpha and Omega series? Both are by Patricia Briggs
I feel like I'm the only one who knows about them and likes them for that matter.. It'd be pretty rad if I could find someone who also likes these series so I could talk to someone who actually understands my feelings for the books and the series. My bf is lovely and listens and for that I'm grateful(not to mention he puts up with my fangirling when there's a new book in the series' xD) but again, it'd be pretty freaking rad if someone here actually felt the way about either series like I do. Oh, and for those of you who don't know either series, here's a list:
Mercy Thompson series(In order):
Moon Called
Blood Bound
Iron Kissed
Bone Crossed
Silver Borne
Rivermarked
Frost Burned (COMING MARCH 2013; I am so excited, you don't even know.)

Alpha and Omega(Also in order):
On The Prowl (This book is a collaborative between Patricia Briggs, Eileen Wilks, Karen Chance and an author by the pen-name of Sunny, and has 4 mini stories/excerpts. Patricia's insert is called Alpha and Omega and it tells the story of how the 2 main characters in her book Cry Wolf meet. So I guess you could call it the prequel to Cry Wolf razz )
Cry Wolf
Hunting Ground
Fair Game

So if anyone here likes any of those books, feel free to message me or just hit me up here or something since I really would love to talk to someone about these wonderful books

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

EE YES! I love them both!
            MT is really great. c: It's well written. I enjoy Patricia's writing style.. Can't wait for Frost Burn~
            I've read On the Prowl and Cry Wolf, but no more for Alpha and Omega. xD I need to get into that more, haha.
            Oh! Patricia has also wrote other books. <3 Kinda want to go and read them.

So who is your favorite char in MT? c:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Punching Bag

Mmm. Just, just mmmm. Can I just say how much I adore Patricia Briggs? While I know others will disagree with me, for whatever reason, I just love this woman's work and characters. Especially the Mercy Thompson series. So far in my collection I have:

Mercy Thompson
    Moon Called
    Blood Bound
    Iron Kissed
    Bone Crossed
    Silver Borne
    Rivermarked

Alpha and Omega
    Cry Wolf
    Hunting Ground
    Fair Game

Raven Duology
    Raven's Shadow
    Raven's Strike

The Hob
    Hob's Bargain

Sianim Series
    Masques (signed copy)
    Wolfsbane

Short Fiction
    On The Prowl
    Down These Strange Streets

So, my collection is growing, but it's not enough! I need them all. gonk I can not wait for Frost Burned to come out! Honestly I never want this series to end. Mercy is such a lovable lead female character, and I adore how Briggs handles her side characters as well, and each story has always been a instant page-turner for me. Honestly I've always been able to devour each book and really sink into it! It's one of the few stories I've really become emotionally invested and attached, and lord knows I like the connections and other things you learn is going on in that world with Alpha and Omega. Can I just say... we need a story or short fiction for Bran alone? Please?

*__* Let me love you. I could go on forever, aha.

10,100 Points
    • Bunny Spotter 50
    • Love Machine 150
    Before the story begins, is it such a Syn.....

*flails about happily*
    I am so happy someone found this!
    I reallly like the Alpha and Omega series so far. As for fave MT charie... That's hard. I really just adore Jesse. But I honestly can't choose just one character. They all just have their own charisma that they bring that I quite honestly think fits the pack perfectly. You have a fave char?
    Aside from MT and AaO, I have Raven's Shadow by Briggs and I really liked it.

For me to take what's mine, until the end of time.....

21,915 Points
    • Hiss of Love 200
    • Cat Fancier 100
    • Waffles! 25

Omg a short story with Bran would be wonderful. < u>
              Though after I read Cry Wolf I felt kinda bad for him.. and his wifu. :c fff.
              HOPE THERE'S MORE OF HIM IN THAT SERIES. /weirdo

I'm the same way with MT! All the chars are wonderful. c: If I had to pick one, I'd say that Ben interests me the most out of them all. Idk why, but I want to know more about him. He's really grown as a character. While the others have, none really feel to have in the way Ben has? It's hard to explain... Mercy has grown, but it doesn't feel like Ben's growth.

Oh yeah XD Said the Rat is my friend. <3 She's the one who showed me the series in the first place. SUCH GOOD BOOKS~

Punching Bag

I think I'll answer you from another thread here, since it seems more appropriate. > 3>

Death To Clowns 05
      said the rat
      Death To Clowns 05

"Frost Burned" by Patricia Briggs
      I pre-ordered and everything but it doesn't come out until March of next year so I'm like, crying in my own little woe corner
      emo

THIS SO HARD. emotion_donotwant

Otherwise, everything I've wanted this year has been released, though I haven't been able to purchase them all.. *tear*

I was totally caught off guard when I randomly decided to check Briggs' website and saw that she was working on Mercy book 7.
      I like legit had a mini fangirl attack and got a few odd stares xD
      I was at school waiting to see a counselor and to kill time I was surfing the net and I checked Briggs' site and got way to excited for my own good xD
      Andandandand THEALPHAANDOMEGAGRAPHICNOVELCOMICBOOKISOUT
      *hyperventilates*
      I should calm down.. I am getting way to excited over books

Oh man, I was actually going there on purpose for news. I frequently visit her website cause I'm a creeper interested in updates! BUT BASICALLY I HAD THE SAME FEELINGS, except for a teacher thinking I was cray-cray, I screeched and shoved it in my boyfriend's face. He likes the books too. xD

AAAHHH I'm so glad someone shares my excitement. ; u; also I really need to check out the comics!!

Also I agree.. Ben is really intriguing, and has gone through a lot of growth. O: Honestly I love all of them. Mercy, Adam, Bran, Stefan, Warren, Ben, etc. I'm sad there hasn't been much Stefan. :C Jesse is a good and interesting choice. She's often overlooked, I feel!

10,100 Points
      • Bunny Spotter 50
      • Love Machine 150
      said the rat

So, my collection is growing, but it's not enough! I need them all. gonk I can not wait for Frost Burned to come out! Honestly I never want this series to end. Mercy is such a lovable lead female character, and I adore how Briggs handles her side characters as well, and each story has always been a instant page-turner for me. Honestly I've always been able to devour each book and really sink into it! It's one of the few stories I've really become emotionally invested and attached, and lord knows I like the connections and other things you learn is going on in that world with Alpha and Omega. Can I just say... we need a story or short fiction for Bran alone? Please?

*__* Let me love you. I could go on forever, aha.

*glomps*
      My collection includes:
      Mercy Thompson Series:
      Moon Called
      Blood Bound
      Iron Kissed
      Bone Crossed
      Silver Borne(Signed Copy)
      Rivermarked
      And Homecoming(The Graphic Novel Comic of Mercy)

Alpha and Omega Series:
      On The Prowl
      Cry Wolf
      Hunting Ground
      Fair Game

Other books:
      Raven's Shadow

OMG yesss I would love a side/short story for Bran! I know they briefly touch upon Charles' mother in Cry Wolf, but I want like, an in depth story. I want i want i want*throws tantrum*
      I wuvs you people. I really do. heart

Ahaha a former friend literally threw Moon Called at me one day when we were hanging out and demanded that I read it, so after throwing something else back at her(totally mature I tell you) I read it and I was hooked. Then I picked up Cry wolf and fell in love with that.
      My bf doesn't read but he knows I'm a major book worm so for Christmas like a year or two ago, he got me the Mercy comic. The I saw that the Alpha one was out and was like, 0.0 *grabby hands/massive freakout* xDD

I would also like a bit of a back story on Ben. Out of all the wolves, Ben and Warren just seem like they would have the most interesting back story.

Punching Bag

Yess, excellent. Good collection!!

I know right? D: Each time she leaks info about Bran and the past with him, it just makes me eager for more! It's all so interesting, from what I've pieced together. Especially with the brutal thing about his witch mother and just.. *shudder* The things he and Samuel have been through.

Also, is it just me, or does it seem like she tossed Sam to the side in the MT series? Like after Mercy got with Adam and they had that whole Iron Kissed thing (I believe it was that book), he was just... sloppily tossed with some woman and left alone?

You owe your former friend a big thanks! I remember I was researching books online one day 'cause I loved werewolves before, and found Moon Called and ordered it. Once it arrived, I took it outside to read on a bench, and BAM. World changed. *__*

YOUR BOYFRIEND IS SWEET. <33

Yeah, you're right. O:

@ magi

gurl answer my Samuel question. Also what's your favorite book out of all the MT series?

Punching Bag

Other topic of discussion: Which male are you most attracted to in the MT series? > 3>

21,915 Points
      • Hiss of Love 200
      • Cat Fancier 100
      • Waffles! 25

It does feel like Sam was dumped. Which annoys me, if I'm honest. At first I was thrilled cause I was really looking forward to more Mercy/Adam, but... I'd appreciate some more with Sam. He's an interesting character and I liked him. :c I liked his wolf a lot too.... It'd be really nice to see interactions with him and the fae-woman (can't remember her name). But the whole thing of River Marked they were just AWOL. Well everyone was save for Mercy and Adam, but still. >__>;;

Most attracted to? Bran. -shot- SHH.
                Okay normal attractions? Uh... I guess... uhm.... (still Bran /sob) I guess Sam. o: or Warren.

Punching Bag

Well, River Marked was a totally different ball park all together. Firstly, yes, a lot of the characters weren't there. Plus they weren't really dealing with fae, vampires, and the like. This was something older feeling, and more earthy. Mercy has never faced up against such a huge creature-like enemy before, and the spirit animals was just so different, but fantastic. I liked learning about her father/Coyote, and honestly I liked the time between Mercy and Adam as a married couple! I don't know how else to describe it. Briggs really reached out of what we were use to with this one, and still managed to succeed. The Walmart part had me laughing!

As for Samuel and the fae woman, it didn't feel genuine to me. Usually she's great at relationships, but this is what truly adds to the fact that it feels like Sam was shafted. :/ He has a loooot of potential as a character, and it's a shame what he's been reduced to.

Also. Yes.

Bran.

<333

Edit: It's sad. I can't remember if I bought River Marked or if my bf bought it for me... something tells me he did, but idk.

10,100 Points
        • Bunny Spotter 50
        • Love Machine 150
        I lurves my boyfriend. Ahaha ya he's amazing. x3

Yusssss it does! Like, idk. I'm happy that Samuel is happy, cuz after all the crap he's been through, he deserves it, but at the same time, I think he did get kinda shoved aside a bit. I totally had a bet going with this one chick-kinda friend-person who I ironically got into MT series. She was so sure that Mercy was going to pick Samuel over Adam and I was so sure it was gunna be Adam so when I read when she basically made her decision, I was like, HA b***h I WIN! I'm lame I know.

Ya really huh? Lol. I'm glad she demanded I read it since I like fell in love with Mercy from page 1. I admit I was a bit apprehensive since it was a female lead and I'm always a bit leery when it comes to that, but Mercy like fits perfectly in the strong female lead category.
        Most attracted to male from MT? User Image
        Y U MAKE ME THINK?
        xD
        But in all cerealness, I would have to say it's a rough tie between Adam and Kyle. Since Kyle is epic and only gets loves from Mercy, Warren and Jesse, he's in need of some luff.

21,915 Points
        • Hiss of Love 200
        • Cat Fancier 100
        • Waffles! 25

Yes. you have like... No idea. I live in WA. I used to LIVE by the Columbia. xD Lmao. So I've BEEN to Hoodriver. I've BEEN to that Walmart. And the Mary Hill. fff. It's all awesome to think about because my mind could connect with the places and kind of fangirl out so hard. omg. < o> it pleased me.
                  Yeah. c: There time as a married couple was nice.

OMG THE SPIRIT ANIMALS WERE FANTASTIC. I WAS SO PSYCHED WITH THAT AND PLEASED. UGH. I really, really appreciate Brigg's inclusion of multiple religions. Adam is Atheistic, Mercy is Christian/Native, and then there's Christian's and fff. The mix is just really nice? Adam isn't posed as a BIG BAD DUDE for not believing, and Mercy isn't shoving her religion down anyone's throats. XD

Yeah, it did feel really weak and so random. He just sees this random fae he hasn't met in... Decades? Centuries? And TADAH LOVE. Though, I guess that DOES happen with the wolves? :C Like Charles' wolf went gaga for Anna... So... It's possible? Still sucks. D:

Yes. Bran. neutral OMG.
                  ugh. <///>

Punching Bag

I'll reply tomorrow, I'm sleepy. ;__; but aah may this thread live long enough for Frost Burned gushing.

10,100 Points
          • Bunny Spotter 50
          • Love Machine 150
          said the rat
          I'll reply tomorrow, I'm sleepy. ;__; but aah may this thread live long enough for Frost Burned gushing.
          Toodles poodles! Sleep is good. I like sleep
          If it doesn't live, we have the power of thread revival!

Quick Reply

Submit
          Manage Your Items
          Other Stuff
          Get GCash
          Offers
          Get Items
          More Items
          Where Everyone Hangs Out
          Other Community Areas
          Virtual Spaces
          Fun Stuff