Welcome to Gaia! ::

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
[Shewolf]

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

Isn't it weird that first character in the book is named Barry? Next thing you know her future book is going name a character name Larry.

But yes, I read a little sample about her new book, wasn't so happy about her characters.

-~--~-
Omg that's true. xd Wtf....

Handsome Ace

21,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Kuro Gang 250
fcking a
WickedREMY
If it's available in the library some day, I'll probably look into borrowing a copy.

this. though i'm not so interested in the premise. i read the inside over at the bookstore yesterday and it seems kind of blah. especially to be coming from well, her.
              i'll read it all the same but i'm a little bit worried about how much i'll like it.

...According to the reviews it's not that great. However, the only reviews I've seen about it so far always compare it to Harry Potter, so I'm not sure if it's just a case of crushed reader expectations or if it really is that boring.

Shameless Shapeshifter

9,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Tycoon 200
Finished it. I didn't hate it... In fact, I think I liked it.
There are definitely things about the book to analyze. Now I'm just waiting for more people to finish reading it so I can talk about it.

Man-Hungry Prophet

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Have a copy and cracked it open to a few pages and read a few lines. From what I gather thus far, the writing style is 'almost' like her Harry Potter series. I say that very loosely since I've only read a few lines and I reserve this for better judgement once I've read 40% of the book.

Chatty Cat

12,000 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Team Edward 100
Bought it. Almost done with it. Am a little dissapointed. emo

I know she said it was her first adult book but does it really need to be so...morbid? I will admit that I got over the way it was written. Its just a little hard to follow sometimes.

Chatty Cat

12,000 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Team Edward 100
Ashimakase
Have a copy and cracked it open to a few pages and read a few lines. From what I gather thus far, the writing style is 'almost' like her Harry Potter series. I say that very loosely since I've only read a few lines and I reserve this for better judgement once I've read 40% of the book.
I hate to dissapoint but its written nothing like how she she wrote Potter.

Potter was very A, B, C and followed a plot.

The Casual Vacancy is very D, Z, A, T, R in a slap dash fashion. It takes a 4th of the book to actually see the connections with the 15 or so characters she intros and is somewhat hard to follow.

It does get good though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces