Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm a little surprised/disappointed at the lack of topics on this matter. Is anyone else as excited about this as I am?
I am, but the book title sounds so plain

8,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
A review I read made it sound interesting.

Brainy Hero

17,800 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
I'm so excited I just can't even...

I'll read anything Jo Rowling writes. And since this is an adult novel about very un-magical things, I am most definitely going to check it out and see how she transitions from beloved YA author to daring new adult fiction writer.
Consulting Time Lord
I'll read anything Jo Rowling writes. And since this is an adult novel about very un-magical things, I am most definitely going to check it out and see how she transitions from beloved YA author to daring new adult fiction writer.

I think it's precious that the original Harry Potter readers, when it was first published, are now adults themselves. It's like her books have grown up with her fans. heart

hpanna
I am, but the book title sounds so plain

I thought so too, but the plot of the story sounds exciting.

Is anyone else going to pick it up today?

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
I cannot wait to read it!

Grabber

Can anyone share the plot? What's it about?

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
If it's available in the library some day, I'll probably look into borrowing a copy.

Seeker

I was excited until I read what it was about... It doesn't quite seem to be my cup of tea.

Lavish Wench

12,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
I admit, I'm curious. I'm in no real hurry to read it but I believe I will eventually.
I pre-ordered it, then canceled the pre-order when I discovered it wasn't a fantasy book neutral
I'm an adult, but I prefer fantasy books, which I had expected this to be as it's J.K Rowling...
I bought the book yesterday and am only about 50 pages into it. It is a good book so far and I am happy I bought it. Although it is definitely not a book for kids. It uses swears and the things it describes are not for children's eyes. Other than that I love it heart
Maarrmalade
Can anyone share the plot? What's it about?

It's about a local election in a small town, interestingly.

Aniima
I pre-ordered it, then canceled the pre-order when I discovered it wasn't a fantasy book neutral
I'm an adult, but I prefer fantasy books, which I had expected this to be as it's J.K Rowling...

I'm a big fantasy fan too. It'll be interesting to see how she does away from fantasy.

Dangerous Smoker

9,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
I saw it today, and was intrigued when I saw it was written by J.K. I picked it up and flipped through it for a few minutes. I was disappointed that there was really nothing of interest on any of the pages I skimmed. I think it will only sell because her name has become a staple. However, her career is in serious jeopardy if she doesn't come up with something fresh soon. Not that it matters, she can easily live off the royalties from HP for the rest of her life. How I envy her success...

Versatile Hunter

9,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I'm hoping to get it from the library without having to buy it, but I'm doubtful if I ever get it. There's too many holds on it. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff