Welcome to Gaia! ::

I loved the HP series however am unsure if I want her to go but would love for more of the HP world. Any thoughts

PriestessAmy's Princess

Sparkly Bun

I'll admit that I put off reading the last book for a long time because I wasn't ready to say goodbye to the characters and the world. But at the same time, I don't see any reason for Rowling to return to it. Everything wrapped up neatly, and I think that if she did try to pull more material out of it, it might just feel forced or contrived. And that's never a good thing.
True but if she did it right she could so a side series involving them. I just want more of that world because even though I have reread it alot I still find things about the world I missed or forgot each time and want to know more about it.
Perhaps if it deals with the consequences of a Power Vacuum like how the novel ended, before the 'Punilogue'* chapter would happen, actually.

1.) (The too-puny Epilogue's nickname)

13,140 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Waffles! 25
not one that directly involves harry, but maybe instead dumbledore's biography that rita skeeter wrote in book seven.

Dangerous Werewolf

10,250 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
User Image
The series ended so nicely and I still picture the story in my mind with all the magic and stuff. Let's leave it at that.
If it would continue though, I'd like for harry's son or grandson to be the protagonist ninja

Dapper Smoker

3,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
what kind of villain would there be. The problem with storylines that center around a villain that plagues the entire community leaves a big gap to fill. Would probably come off as a re hashed version of Voldemort. If she did I think it would have to be completely different characters and to kind of get rid of the Hogwarts scene. Maybe some of the other wizarding schools in other countries. We know too much about England and the world of magic

boybaka's Significant Otter

High-functioning Bookworm

19,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
I would be very happy to read more books in the Harry Potter universe. I wouldn't want to read a simple continuation, though, since the series came to a nice, tidy ending. I would want to read a book set well into the past or the future, or a book set somewhere other than the UK. I really loved reading about all the witches and wizards from all over the world at the campground in the fourth book, and I think that that could use more exploration.

Assimilated Bloodsucker

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
There's already a continuation that Rowling has approved based on Harry's first born son James. it's by G. Norman Lippert.

Magnetic Phantom

If you want to read about how the wizarding world might continue, I could link you to an article written by a few, er, political scientists. It's not as dry as this sounds.
salvagedsword
I would be very happy to read more books in the Harry Potter universe. I wouldn't want to read a simple continuation, though, since the series came to a nice, tidy ending. I would want to read a book set well into the past or the future, or a book set somewhere other than the UK. I really loved reading about all the witches and wizards from all over the world at the campground in the fourth book, and I think that that could use more exploration.

The Middle Ages could work, we need to know for sure if there's more spells for killing than just AK(which is controllable, but generally single-target) or FiendFyre(which can be used on lots of enemy targets, but a general pain to control.) actually.

Friendly Lover

7,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I would love a continuation as long as the characters were completely different from the original cast of harry potter.

I think if she did it where it was years later from the epilouge it would be good.
I already stated the Middle Ages to the Renaissance Era would be best.

Especially to wee where the intelligence ends and the brain-dead ideas begin when it comes to some branches of the Ministries of Magic.

Festive Celebrator

I love the HP world and I completely understand the desire to continue immersed in it for as long as possible.
But I also believe good books/series/films need to have an end. Not to say that they have to end in a definitive way. It's good to have open endings, surprise little short stories or novellas when you least expect them... but to go on and on and on is just to ask for the story to be diluted and that very world that you love to become tangled and irrelevant.
When in doubt, think "Star Wars." Now that Disney owns it, rest assured there will be a Star Wars Episode 13,382.8 "The Empire Strikes Backwards."
Stories should end when authors lose interest or feel they have finished telling the story they intended to tell.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff