Welcome to Gaia! ::

What animal BEST describes A Black Shield

Stalking Jungle Cats (ex Panthers) 0.25961538461538 26.0% [ 27 ]
Fierce and Loyal Wolves 0.42307692307692 42.3% [ 44 ]
Other - explain in thread 0.028846153846154 2.9% [ 3 ]
GOLD 0.28846153846154 28.8% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 104 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 178 179 180 > >> >>> »|

Now, because I found all the mages (rather easily actually) because of they always appeared after the wall cried its painful song, give me one of the songs the wall cries, etched with pain and hatred.

edit: Woooo I next paged it xd My answer to the mages is on the last page 3nodding

@Twiganut - I know we both forgot his name and I just found it. The ghost captain that kept appearing before Karigan in HKT is Siris Kiltyre, "'third captain of the Green Riders.'"

Their broach, as described by Siris - "it is out gift to touch death.... When we fade, we are actually standing on... the threshold between layers of the world. That is our true ability... or so would be... if we possessed the power of great mages. With our own simple ability we cannot cross the threshold, unless there is some ouside influence. Like Salvistar... we are chosen to ride as Westiron's messenger. We are attracted to death, and it is attracted to us." (such a LONG paragraph, I shortened it for the most needed info <.< )

And of course, Karigan's response was "I asked for none of this.... I just want to go to bed."

xd Poor Kari. She went through hell and people just won't let her go to bed after it xd

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
Karigan Galadheon
Now, because I found all the mages (rather easily actually) because of they always appeared after the wall cried its painful song, give me one of the songs the wall cries, etched with pain and hatred.

edit: Woooo I next paged it xd My answer to the mages is on the last page 3nodding

@Twiganut - I know we both forgot his name and I just found it. The ghost captain that kept appearing before Karigan in HKT is Siris Kiltyre, "'third captain of the Green Riders.'"

Their broach, as described by Siris - "it is out gift to touch death.... When we fade, we are actually standing on... the threshold between layers of the world. That is our true ability... or so would be... if we possessed the power of great mages. With our own simple ability we cannot cross the threshold, unless there is some ouside influence. Like Salvistar... we are chosen to ride as Westiron's messenger. We are attracted to death, and it is attracted to us." (such a LONG paragraph, I shortened it for the most needed info <.< )

And of course, Karigan's response was "I asked for none of this.... I just want to go to bed."

xd Poor Kari. She went through hell and people just won't let her go to bed after it xd

HAHAHAH I loved that part of the book ...
Kari: Im going to bed! *walks off*
Fastion: Do you even know the way?
Kari: No!
... but now I must go Book Diving myself Me thinks to find one of those silly Songs!
On a Happier Note the webpages "Should" be updating soon, normally there is a spring, late summer and late fall ... but the spring one was early so maybe the summer one will ALSO be early!
OMG gonk

I heard this song and it reminded me of Karigan gonk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIax__nWGCM&feature=related

So sad crying

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
Oh your right ... its so Pretty and Its exactly right for our poor Kari and her situation ...
I really hope that in the next book she gets to go home for a while, I know with all the crazyness concerning the wall and the elts and the wedding and all that stuff but I mean she is a knight now and I think that what happened to her over the summer and fall she needs a bit of time to herself!... plus I miss her father, he was such a major character in the first book that he needs some more "air time!"
I just recently have read The Green Rider. I liked it alright, not rushing out to buy the two next books, but if I find them at a used book store will definitely pick them up.

Valiant Jackling

It'd be worth it, each book gets better and better biggrin

Valiant Jackling

Twiganut
Oh your right ... its so Pretty and Its exactly right for our poor Kari and her situation ...
I really hope that in the next book she gets to go home for a while, I know with all the crazyness concerning the wall and the elts and the wedding and all that stuff but I mean she is a knight now and I think that what happened to her over the summer and fall she needs a bit of time to herself!... plus I miss her father, he was such a major character in the first book that he needs some more "air time!"

I miss Stevic too gonk That and I want to know more about his mysterious past ninja
Twiganut you've become a cow! What sort of dark magic has befallen you gonk

xd

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
Hahah well we dont have a Decent "You are Horse" item so I was trying out some alternative mounts for the GR crew! ...
> _>
< _<
... yeah I didnt believe that myself!
... Actually I was messing about in Zomg on Bills Ranch ... its fun to rescue the cow as a cow people stare!
... Yes we need more with Her father!!! the more we learn about him the more I want her to go and see him and at least reconcil (or kill him for trying to marry her off!!) I am expecting at the very least a letter from her father askling WTH about the museum >: D
Kari here gave me a link to this thread. . . . OMIGOSH OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE HEARD OF GREEN RIDER!!!!!!!!! >>;
Hehe, see. I first found it shoved in a back corner of my library, gathering dust. I had nothing else to read at the time, and I came very close to not checking it out. But I did, and I was hooked instantly. My cousin and I fought over it for an entire week racing each other to the end (we were on vacation and she didn't have anything to read either). I LOVE this book. Honestly, it took me two more years to discover that there was a second one. You can't imagine how excited I was when I finally got to read it and found out there were more! So far, the second is as far as I've gotten . . . But I fully plan on reading them all and one day owning them!

Hehe, I'm a little scared to read through the whole thread because of spoilers. sweatdrop

It's been a little bit since I've read it too, I think I'll go check it out this week.

Favorite characters? kari of course, and I adore Condor. I'm not much of a horse girl, but he's just amazing. I also really liked . . . ahhh! I forgot his name! I forgot his name!!! gonk Fryan? Probably butchers that horridly. . . sweatdrop

It's definitely time for a reread!

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
YAY more Greenie Fans! Welcome to the thread!
... Sorry about the spoilers were a pretty slow thread with only 3 or 4 constant members so we tend to talk about what ever we can think of!
... Oh you HAVE to read the third one it happens to be my FAVE so far in the series they bring back some awesome characters but she opens up a very intriguing plot line ... so we cannot wait to find out what happens next!
and you have to come back and tell us what you think of it!!
... Oh and Im STILL looking for good summaries for my intro pages - anyone can enter them and if I pick yours you get 5K
Actually, you have his name right Tara, you're just missing the apostrophe - F'ryan

My favorite character are Kari, Zachary and Fastion. Though Condor has a special place in my heart too heart

Hey, you know, it might be fun to see how everyone pronounces the "stranger" names in the books.

I know both Twig and me though Captain Mapstone name was Lauren for a while. But it's actually Laren. Wooops xd

I had pronounced Fastion Fast-e-on for a long time. Then my roomy got me into saying Fas-chin

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
Karigan Galadheon
Actually, you have his name right Tara, you're just missing the apostrophe - F'ryan

My favorite character are Kari, Zachary and Fastion. Though Condor has a special place in my heart too heart

Hey, you know, it might be fun to see how everyone pronounces the "stranger" names in the books.

I know both Twig and me though Captain Mapstone name was Lauren for a while. But it's actually Laren. Wooops xd

I had pronounced Fastion Fast-e-on for a long time. Then my roomy got me into saying Fas-chin

HAhhaaha lests see I always said it as Fas-ten ... list Bastion from Never Ending Story ... and I've practically given up on the Elt names, althought Grae way always "Grey" to me and Shawdell was "Shaw-dell" the Prince tho' im definately sure I can even SPELL it properly with out a book reference let alone say it!
I knew there was an apostrophe in there somewhere . . . >>;

I'll definitely have to read the third book and get caught up then! I might be getting it soon anyways - I told me mom about it, and she kind of looked at my bookshelf with this puzzled expression and said "We don't have any of the green Rider books?"
"Nope." I got my mom and sister hooked too. >>;

I'll try for your summaries! Though I seem to have some difficulty remembering what the second one is about . . . Gah! Stupid memory! I just read it a few months ago! gonk

Asa for pronunciation goes . . . I thought Mapstone's name was Lauren too! And I always said Fast-ee-on.

I cannot for the life of me pronounce Kari's last name. I spent the entire second book trying to figure out how to, and I couldn't.
Haha. I found out Karigan is an actual name. Its a really OLD name, but a real name all the same.

Dunno the true pronunciation of it, but I've always pronounced Karigan care-ah-gen

...that's keeping in mind that the "g" does not sound like a "j".... Don't ask me why, but I had a teacher once that pronounced "gen" as "jen". I have no idea how he picked that up sweatdrop It never made the slightest bit of sense to me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff