Welcome to Gaia! ::

What animal BEST describes A Black Shield

Stalking Jungle Cats (ex Panthers) 0.25961538461538 26.0% [ 27 ]
Fierce and Loyal Wolves 0.42307692307692 42.3% [ 44 ]
Other - explain in thread 0.028846153846154 2.9% [ 3 ]
GOLD 0.28846153846154 28.8% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 104 ]

Erailea

A part of me is wondering if this is an interaction between a Rider and their horse. But yeah, seriously, who died... and are we in the past again?

I started thing about that, too. But do horses have a nape? That is the question.
I hadn't considered that it might be in the past. Makes sense, with the funeral pyre and all. I think we might be able to rule out that it's any of the royals--because they're buried in the tombs.

So. . . WHO WAS IT.

This thread is going to go crazy when book five comes out.

Valiant Jackling

Tarantellatears
Erailea

A part of me is wondering if this is an interaction between a Rider and their horse. But yeah, seriously, who died... and are we in the past again?

I started thing about that, too. But do horses have a nape? That is the question.
I hadn't considered that it might be in the past. Makes sense, with the funeral pyre and all. I think we might be able to rule out that it's any of the royals--because they're buried in the tombs.

So. . . WHO WAS IT.

This thread is going to go crazy when book five comes out.

Well, the nape is just the back of the neck (used the handy dandy dictionary to make sure I wasn't goofing up definitions again xp ). I guess on a horse it's more apt to be called a mane but it could go either way... I think...

Going off the idea of two people - If its a new male character though there's no way in heck we're guessing it gonk But... who do we know in the past? That I can think of - Lil, Jonous (I know I totally spelled his name wrong) and Hadrix.

Perhaps Lil's death? Then again, if we go into the past one would think Lil or Hadrix the main "star," outside of Kari, since they were vital during the war (and followed in FRC) and we know both the High King & Hadrix survived to see better days. Lil is an unknown. Somehow I can't bring myself to think the pyre is Lil's though, not unless the location is extremely important for Kari to find in the future.

Would be "cute" if it was a scene was King J leaning into Lil, but I question him acting this way based on how he's been depicted in the other books. And if the scene was the death of Lil and he the mystery man I have a feeling King J would more weep than turn into the neck of another woman since he and Lil were lovers.

So.... perhaps the "her" is Kari or Lil, leaving me to think the "he" is Hadrix or a new character... if we are in that part of past anyway.

Hadrix always came across to me as a character with a good, kind heart... well, as kind hearted as a ranking officer in the enemies army can be, but the fact he switch sides, knowing the great dangers it held, always struck me as a big reveal of how his heart (and morals) worked.

edit: that's right, derp. We know of the two traitorous nobles on the Sacoridian side (Mirwell and someone else) but I doubt anyone would morn their passing xp There's that mage we learned about in the end of book 3 that the Weapons "guarded" too (can't remember his long name either >.< ) but he seems like too much of a jerk to care about anyone. And the mages in the towers weren't involved in the war.
I suppose it could be a character we haven't met yet? GR books are thick, there's plenty of room to add a new character.

I'm personally wondering who the speaker is. If you think back, a lot of the snippets we've gotten have been from a man's perspective and mention a woman. So the question is . . . who's speaking? O___O

For some reason, I vote Alton, Amberhill, or someone new.

Could there be a new love interest for Kari? *gasps* O_____O

This book just needs to come out already.
Isn't KB already looking to name the book? Can't be too long, now. Wooh!

I haven't been thinking too much about GR lately, which is a blessing. Obsession is torture. XD Don't get me wrong, still love the books. I'll be obsessing again as soon as book 5 comes out I'm sure. lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSXlkc9UFE4

Florence + the Machine's badass new single. Enjoy!
Laeriel Rhuilea
Isn't KB already looking to name the book? Can't be too long, now. Wooh!

I haven't been thinking too much about GR lately, which is a blessing. Obsession is torture. XD Don't get me wrong, still love the books. I'll be obsessing again as soon as book 5 comes out I'm sure. lol.

I've been steadily obsessing. The entire time. I've just finished the book I was reading so now I'm making reading the GR series my summer project. Woo!

Also: FLORENCE! <3
That's really cool, about the name, Gel! ^__^

Heh, I'm the same way with lore--but not so much with things like Supernatural. If there's anything remotely mythological in anything though, I annoy the crap out of whoever my poor victim happens to be.

In other news: I've started re-reading GR. So good. X3
Woo! I just finished FRC! ^___^ I always forget how much happens in it and how long it is.

Here's something I'm wondering. Does anyone else wonder what happened to/in Arcosia that they abandoned Mornhavon?

Because I wonder that all the time. =B

I hope we get to find out.

Valiant Jackling

Well that was interesting. Apparently Fastion is a blond...erm, dirty blond I guess is the better description. Lol.

Ms B's latest FB status:

Kristen Britain
I have come to the the conclusion that Jeremy Renner (a.k.a. Hawkeye) would make a fine Fastion if ever there was a Green Rider movie.

Hawkeye is this guy:

User Image

Sexy heart but I never imagined Fast as a blondie. Lol. I always pictured him with black hair for one reason or another. I will admit though, Jermey's general appearence is close to how I thought Fastion to be myself (kind of a cross between him and the guy with the horse I posted a while ago), so that's kind of cool xd

Valiant Jackling

Tarantellatears

Here's something I'm wondering. Does anyone else wonder what happened to/in Arcosia that they abandoned Mornhavon?

I have many a time wink For varying reason, though usually they amount to a big war of some kind in their native lands or a usurp.
GUYS GUYS GUYS. I'm rereading HKT and I got to the part where Fergal's ability emerges.
Fergal's ability has something to do with seeing auras, right (can't exactly remember . . .)? When it emerges for the first time and he looks at Karigan he sees wings in her aura.

(I direct your attention to the chapter "To Mirwellton" from HKT)

HKT
It's just me," she said. "Look. The same Karigan you've been traveling with." He blinked and cringed. "Dark wings," he whispered. A tear trailed down his cheek.
. . .
"Is it . . . Is it like what you saw around the old woman?" Fergal shook his head. "Different. Like night. Endless. And there were the wings . . ."

Sound familiar? No?
Remember this?

KB's facebook

The first time he'd looked upon her, the vibrancy of the life energy about her had intrigued him. Tonight it had been much the same, but... At one point as they sat at dinner, a wavering of her aura caught the edge of his vision, like the downsweep of vast wings

I HAVE A THEORY ABOUT THIS SNIPPET.

Hawkeye: I always imagined Fastion as older. And with darker hair, as well--though hair can be easily dyed, so I don't think it's that big a deal. I'm not sure what he looked like physically. Possible something more along the lines of Viggo Mortenson. >>;;;;
FASTION!!!

...blonde? I actually like that more. I blame Scott Caan (Det. Danny Williams, from Hawaii 5-0)
http://marikaspointlesslists.blogspot.com/2012/04/film-friday-tv-detectives.html

Then again, I have absolutely nothing against brunettes...

http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f35/349578d1289586195-wruw-steve-mcgarrett-hawaii-five-o-alex-oloughlin-set.jpg

Alex O'loughlin (Bamf Navy SEAL Lt. Cmdr. Steve McGarrett)

You guys should watch Hawaii 5-0.

I'll formulate some intelligent response later, after I'm done fangirling over Fastion. And 5-0. Mostly Fastion. I think.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff