Stalking Jungle Cats (ex Panthers) 0.25961538461538 26.0% [ 27 ]
Fierce and Loyal Wolves 0.42307692307692 42.3% [ 44 ]
Other - explain in thread 0.028846153846154 2.9% [ 3 ]
GOLD 0.28846153846154 28.8% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 104 ]

Valiant Jackling

Tarantellatears
You and me both. wink

Hmm, it might not be a bad idea to get it cut. It's healthy for your hair to cut it every now and again. My hair is always shinier, springier, more manageable, and falls out less after I get it cut. You don't have to lop a whole lot off--because trust me I understand not wanting to have short hair (round face + short hair=bad idea), but you could get the ends trimmed a bit, or get some little layers.

I get a trim at least once a year, sometimes two. My hair dresser has been doing my hair since I was 6 or 7 and for the last decade has been at me to cut it off (she likes to reference my sister who was all too eager to cut her wavy hair up just past her chin :/ ). I get her point when my hair is in this recovery state but I have no desire to have short hair. As it is my hair is barely longer than my shoulder xp When I was a kid it used to be at the small of my back. These days it's perpetually stuck at armpit length and nothing I do seems to convince it to grow longer (or, really, it does get longer but then the trim lops it right back to size crying ). Ideally I'd love to hair down to my knees but its consistency doesn't allow for it, I guess. It's very thin and dead straight... unless short, apparently. The recovering half of my hair was wispy as all get out until recently O.o I'd wash my hair and it'd become a puffball for a day or two xp Still does a little but not as much as it used to since it's gaining more weight from the length.
Ahhh, jealous. I adore long hair. I've always wanted it, but my hair is too thick and wavy and contrary for it to be long. When it is long it gets in the way, and refuses to be styled or put up. And it's hot. And it sheds like crazy and gets a bajillion split ends. Last year it was really long--longer than it's been in . . . possibly ever. I think I got it to past my shoulder blades/mid-back. But then I was going to go to Africa so I hacked most of it off (from that long to about chin-length) and donated it.

I think I've decided that's what I'm going to do--because I love long hair, but I don't like to have it for a long time. So I'll grow it out, keep it around for a few months, then hack it off and donate it. I think it works out well, because I get lots of compliments on my hair. It's an unusual color (red) and it's ridiculously thick. Or so people constantly tell me. So this way I get to share my hair. biggrin

Valiant Jackling

Haha. Your hair sounds like my cousin's. She has ultra thick red hair too. We have baby pictures of her with BIG afro's xD Creole blood, what can I say. My brother has super curly hair too but it's no where near as thick as our cousins. He'd still get the natural afro if he let it grow out though. I lucked out and got my hair from dad's side.

I always thought donating to Locks For Love would be nice, but for me to do it and feel comfortable I'd need my hair to be down at my backside sad
Haha, well, my hair isn't curly, sadly. It's not curly, it's not straight, it's not even consistently wavy. It's just . . . contrary.

Awww, well, maybe someday, then? Also Locks of Love isn't the best place to donate hair--they charge for the wigs they make. There are other wig-making organizations that make them and give them away--no charge to the recipient.
I feel your pain, 'Tears. lol.
My hair is thick and sheds a lot. I like it though, I've got perfect natural curls. OwO

I'm so proud of myself. Wrote a little over 1k yesterday, and I've got a fairly decent plot going. Huzzah!!!

And now I'm off to write short story for English... Lol.
Jealous of your curls.

And wow, that's a lot for one day of writing! Congrats! Whatcha writing about?

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
pokes head in

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
Twiganut
pokes head in
HOLY CROW! you people write A LOT when Im busy! and about the FUNNIEST THINGS!!!!!! I CANT even post on it cause its like 2 weeks! actually im still like 1/2 page behind in reading!!! GAH ... ERA you should start msg me when things get interesting here!!
Twiganut
Twiganut
pokes head in
HOLY CROW! you people write A LOT when Im busy! and about the FUNNIEST THINGS!!!!!! I CANT even post on it cause its like 2 weeks! actually im still like 1/2 page behind in reading!!! GAH ... ERA you should start msg me when things get interesting here!!

I'm guessing that someone found our fangirling over that picture Era posted?

I can't remember what we were talking about before that, but yeah, you should start checking in ont he weekends or something. wink

Also: WELCOME BACK. It's good to see you again Twiggy! How's life?
I just sold an item worth 300k for 26k.

...f**k it. Just... /le sigh.

Fail. lol.

Valiant Jackling

Twiganut
GAH ... ERA you should start msg me when things get interesting here!!

Sorry Twiggy! </3

Actually I meant to message you on FB over the weekend and totally spaced gonk Was about something else though. Have to remember to do that when I get home tonight...

Tarantellatears
Haha, well, my hair isn't curly, sadly. It's not curly, it's not straight, it's not even consistently wavy. It's just . . . contrary.

Awww, well, maybe someday, then? Also Locks of Love isn't the best place to donate hair--they charge for the wigs they make. There are other wig-making organizations that make them and give them away--no charge to the recipient.

Well, in a way not having curly thick hair is a good thing. I imagine it's much easier to control. My cousin tends to keep her hair in tight braids to combat it's wild nature xP

If I ever get my hair long enough to donate I'll have to look into other places. Thanks for the tip!

Laeriel Rhuilea
I just sold an item worth 300k for 26k.

...f**k it. Just... /le sigh.

Fail. lol.

Booo! I know that feeling. Done that... also payed way more than I should have on a few items too because of my fast typing fingers >.<

*goes back to her dark corner at work*
Erailea

Tarantellatears

Well, in a way not having curly thick hair is a good thing. I imagine it's much easier to control. My cousin tends to keep her hair in tight braids to combat it's wild nature xP

If I ever get my hair long enough to donate I'll have to look into other places. Thanks for the tip!

True, that's what people always tell me. Just. Blah. I wish it was like, nicely wavy or loosely curly. I love love love those big, loose curls. @____@ They are so beautiful. I want them.

Awwww, you make your work sound so depressing, Era! =<

Lae: Awwww, I'm sorry that happened. I've done that before, as well. It stinks sometimes, if you don't realize it in time. Go check your trades, by the way. wink

Yesterday was my last day of school! WHOOOOOOOO! Now I get to sit around at home all day and watch movies until summer school starts. ^__^

Valiant Jackling

Tarantellatears

Awwww, you make your work sound so depressing, Era! =<

Yesterday was my last day of school! WHOOOOOOOO! Now I get to sit around at home all day and watch movies until summer school starts. ^__^

More like really, really, really, really boring. I'm starting to get into something more interesting because of a show that opens in our gallery next week, but it won't last very long xP I'm going to have to start dragging people around the gallery to make them show me how to do other things, otherwise nothing is going to happen xP I get terribly bored sitting in front of a computer all day unless I'm doing something that has my brain fully engaged. It doesn't help I've been working on this one artist's estate for about 3 months now sweatdrop 2000+ pieces of art all needing to be inventoried, scanned and processed. >.< I'm rather burnt out with the guys work, but it needs to get done.

So. Many. Still lives gonk

Congrats on school being over though! Do you have a full summer curriculum ahead of you or just a class or two?
'Tears. Oh my god. Thank you. Thankyouthankyouthankyou. I hope you can feel my gratitude through the interwebz. <3333333333

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff