Fierce and Loyal Wolves 0.42307692307692 42.3% [ 44 ]
Other - explain in thread 0.028846153846154 2.9% [ 3 ]
GOLD 0.28846153846154 28.8% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 104 ]

Valiant Jackling

Congrats Tara and keep going!

Dropping in real quick to post this:

User Image

Someone posted it on Ms. B's FB and my first thought was, oddly enough, Fastion. I drooled a little <.<

xd

heart heart heart heart

And then it became my background *is shameless and wishing certain text based events with Twiggy came true -sad face- *
if that guy reminds you of Fastion, then that means Ghost Kitty has competition D:<
GHOST KITTY x FASTION FOREVER!!!!1
. . . I am not posting my thoughts on that photo because I try to keep a PG-13 rating on things I say online, and they would most definitely not qualify.

I'm going to suffice to say that that guy is HOT.

Ahem.

I actually thought of F'ryan. But I can see Fastion, too. Either way. Thoughts not appropriate. Moving on.
If I had to be honest (the guys appearance aside, seeing as it largely has no effect on me... not really the kind aesthetic I find particularly endearing) it reminds me of Fergal and his little foal.
Tine Ghealain
If I had to be honest (the guys appearance aside, seeing as it largely has no effect on me... not really the kind aesthetic I find particularly endearing) it reminds me of Fergal and his little foal.

Awwwwwwwww. That's adorable. ^__^ Go you for not lusting!

. . . I think I'm just attracted to about anything that moves right now. I think I need a boyfriend. Or something.

>>;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

You guys I'm sorry that I'm beyond awkward right now.

Valiant Jackling

Na, not awkward at all xD Considering I wanted to hop in the picture and curl up with the guy, I think we're on the same basic page xD

Singles awareness! Lol. I'm in the same boat, as far as wishing for a BF goes. Curse my recluse nature >.< And curses to whatever part of me attracts red-necks (thanks Walmart stare ) and playboys. I swear, those are the only people who ever seem to ask me out and on the rare instance where a really nice guy asks I'm on vacation or a job trip WAY away from home. Distance isn't a good way to start anything sad It's pretty depressing.

Valiant Jackling

I could use a Weapon in my life right now, if only to smack me at night when I'm not working on things I should.

...I'm in one of those panicked depressed modes where all I want to do is work on personal project, yet I'm at work and can't stop to focus on those sort of things. And then I get home and it's late, I'm tired and nothing happens. I HATE THIS CYCLES.

I'm going to have a complete and utter mental break down and/or panic attack one of these days.

*goes into a mental corner and cries*
Aww *hugs* Come on Era! You can do it! You can you can you can! I'm cheering you on.

Can you play music at work? Try finding a variety of music (or a song) and putting it on--even if you have to use headphones. Maybe you're not a music person though. I dunno. It's always helped me stay sane long enough for me to reach a point where I can breathe and do some real unwinding.

Erailea
Na, not awkward at all xD Considering I wanted to hop in the picture and curl up with the guy, I think we're on the same basic page xD

Singles awareness! Lol. I'm in the same boat, as far as wishing for a BF goes. Curse my recluse nature >.< And curses to whatever part of me attracts red-necks (thanks Walmart stare ) and playboys. I swear, those are the only people who ever seem to ask me out and on the rare instance where a really nice guy asks I'm on vacation or a job trip WAY away from home. Distance isn't a good way to start anything sad It's pretty depressing.

Haha. Well, you're better off than me--even if you do attract creepy redneck playboys. I've never had a single person ask me out on a date. Not a single person has ever been attracted to me, as far as I know. I have the sex appeal of a rock. ._.
*sigh*
Sometimes, I think this is a good thing, though. I avoid the creepy people, I can worry about being myself and not about looking stunning every minute of every day, and I can be as nerdy as I want. And hopefully someday someone will approve of the person I've made myself into.
In the meantime though, it's a bit lonely, I'll admit.
Tarantellatears
Haha. Well, you're better off than me--even if you do attract creepy redneck playboys. I've never had a single person ask me out on a date. Not a single person has ever been attracted to me, as far as I know. I have the sex appeal of a rock. ._.
*sigh*
Sometimes, I think this is a good thing, though. I avoid the creepy people, I can worry about being myself and not about looking stunning every minute of every day, and I can be as nerdy as I want. And hopefully someday someone will approve of the person I've made myself into.

Oh, 'Tears, looks like we're sitting on the same rock. What are relationships? How do they work? What is this "talking to people to build emotional bonds" thing I keep hearing people talk about? Honestly, I'm not too sure that there haven't been people who have found me, um... appealing... but I'm just way to clumsy and socially awkward to get how interaction with other people is supposed to work ^_^;;
Clumsy and socially awkward in the, "sit with her back plastered in a corner as far as possible, sitting haphazardly, and watching everyone suspiciously" or "actually has an interest in getting to know someone she has taken a shining to, but can literally not move her legs to walk right in their presence or make her tongue form words right" or, y'know, "is too shy to even put herself in a situation where she would have to form intelligible words, and when she is put into one resorts to awkward silence because her brain goes numb"... why am I even saying any of this? ^_^;;

Heh, my parents don't know it, but one of the reasons I dropped out of public Highschool was because I couldn't function around other people. My muscles get all locked up and I get tunnel vision and I resort to drawing on any paper near me to ignore all of the voices and movements of people that I feel like I have to keep tabs on because I just don't know how to act with other people around me.

It's almost 4AM, so I don't even know where I was going with this... but I guess that I know there have been people who have... liked me... but y'know what is worse than thinking no one does? Knowing there are people who have, but also having to live with the fact that you have always been too awkward and stiff to let things play out. That you are the master of your own loneliness. Yep, life's a card under that roof.

I'll stop this pointlessly self-pittying post now and reply to other peoples posts
sorry

Erailea

I'm sorry... I think I can understand that feeling of wanting to just it in a corner and sob and scream and feel your sanity break into little bits. Maybe you could take some time and just go outside, to a secluded park or something? Where everything is quiet, and there is no work, and no people? Just you and, um... the kind of scenery there is wherever you're at? It's good for thinking and relaxing, being by yourself where there is nothing to distract you from yourself.

Tarantellatears

. . . I think I'm just attracted to about anything that moves right now. I think I need a boyfriend. Or something.

Why am I requoting you instead of tacking onto my stupid self-pitying sob reply? I don't know. Anyways, it's not exactly "not lusting"... you only lust over things that are particularly appealing right? The buff-cardboard-cutout-model-guy just isn't to me at all! XD
So while "not lusting" is true, there was never any chance of the "lusting" in the first place

Also, just because you find people attractive doesn't mean you need a boyfriend. or something. I'm not expert on relationships (ought to be obvious) but I'm pretty damn sure things entered with that mind set are sure to be fruitless, a waste of time, and regrettable.

And you're not being awkward~ you're being human
Tine Ghealain
Tarantellatears
*sigh*

Oh, 'Tears, looks like we're sitting on the same rock. What are relationships? How do they work? What is this "talking to people to build emotional bonds" thing I keep hearing people talk about? Honestly, I'm not too sure that there haven't been people who have found me, um... appealing... but I'm just way to clumsy and socially awkward to get how interaction with other people is supposed to work ^_^;;
Clumsy and socially awkward in the, "sit with her back plastered in a corner as far as possible, sitting haphazardly, and watching everyone suspiciously" or "actually has an interest in getting to know someone she has taken a shining to, but can literally not move her legs to walk right in their presence or make her tongue form words right" or, y'know, "is too shy to even put herself in a situation where she would have to form intelligible words, and when she is put into one resorts to awkward silence because her brain goes numb"... why am I even saying any of this? ^_^;;

Heh, my parents don't know it, but one of the reasons I dropped out of public Highschool was because I couldn't function around other people. My muscles get all locked up and I get tunnel vision and I resort to drawing on any paper near me to ignore all of the voices and movements of people that I feel like I have to keep tabs on because I just don't know how to act with other people around me.

It's almost 4AM, so I don't even know where I was going with this... but I guess that I know there have been people who have... liked me... but y'know what is worse than thinking no one does? Knowing there are people who have, but also having to live with the fact that you have always been too awkward and stiff to let things play out. That you are the master of your own loneliness. Yep, life's a card under that roof.

I'll stop this pointlessly self-pittying post now and reply to other peoples posts
sorry

Erailea

I'm sorry... I think I can understand that feeling of wanting to just it in a corner and sob and scream and feel your sanity break into little bits. Maybe you could take some time and just go outside, to a secluded park or something? Where everything is quiet, and there is no work, and no people? Just you and, um... the kind of scenery there is wherever you're at? It's good for thinking and relaxing, being by yourself where there is nothing to distract you from yourself.

Tarantellatears

Why am I requoting you instead of tacking onto my stupid self-pitying sob reply? I don't know. Anyways, it's not exactly "not lusting"... you only lust over things that are particularly appealing right? The buff-cardboard-cutout-model-guy just isn't to me at all! XD
So while "not lusting" is true, there was never any chance of the "lusting" in the first place

Also, just because you find people attractive doesn't mean you need a boyfriend. or something. I'm not expert on relationships (ought to be obvious) but I'm pretty damn sure things entered with that mind set are sure to be fruitless, a waste of time, and regrettable.

And you're not being awkward~ you're being human

SUPER LONG QUOTE.

Aww, Tine. *hugs* I was about that bad in middle school, but I had some really good friends to help me through it in high school. Have you thought about going to see a psychologist about it? I know that psychologists have a bad rap and a stigma associated with them in the states, but they're good people to see. Really, all going to one is is realizing that you have something you can't do on your own that you'd like help with. Anyways, point: I learned about something similar to what you've described in school and there are lots of things that can help lessen that anxiety--if you want. =)

Boyfriend: Haha, I would never get a boyfriend just to have a boyfriend or to not be lonely--it's ONE of the reasons I've never actively pursued a relationship before. I know things started for that reason end badly.

Valiant Jackling

Sorry for spazzing guys. This last week has been particularly rough and I keep fazing in and out of depressed panic attacks. Morbid reminders of why I have to get stuff done are messing with my internal chemistry and the lack of free time my professional life allows is making things worse *sigh*

Thank you for the support.

Tarantellatears
Aww *hugs* Come on Era! You can do it! You can you can you can! I'm cheering you on.

Can you play music at work? Try finding a variety of music (or a song) and putting it on--even if you have to use headphones. Maybe you're not a music person though. I dunno. It's always helped me stay sane long enough for me to reach a point where I can breathe and do some real unwinding.

Sadly I can't play music at work. I'm not exactly on the customer level of things in the gallery but I am on the floor and occasionally I do get asked questions. Wearing headphones just doesn't look good from the customers standpoint.

Oh the point of men, I didn't start getting asked out until after college. I can't tell you why. Maybe it's because in school I always stuck to my small group of friends and rarely did anything outside the labs (never had time!). Maybe I'm just being subjected to acts of desperation from boys no longer surrounded by women in school... which is a depressing thought actually, but would explain the lack of gentlemen asking me out :/ Who know. But that's where I'm at and, needless to say, haven't been on any dates.

I'm sure you underestimate your looks Tara! Though I am not one to talk. I more often feel I resemble a long haired boy than I do a girl...

Tine Ghealain

Not during the work days but hopefully once the weather warms I'll be able to find some place to get personal work done and be away from everything.

And it's not self pity. Sometimes letting things out helps you look at them better. Besides, we're all kind of moping a bit. Haha.

On a laughably WTF note, what with all the boy talk, my mother was surprised when she heard I was virgin. Thanks mom. Seriously. xP Came up when I was going to a series of different doctors about my hair, which was falling out like crazy for a while. They all seemed to like asking about my sex life and if I was pregnant. Eventually I started telling them that unless I was the next Virgin Mary I couldn't possibly be. I cracked the same joke to my mom one day when we were driving home from one such appointment and awkwardness ensued. I suppose she might have thought otherwise because I'd spent a weekend with a male friend a few months before, but honestly. He's called a friend for a reason mom. And he lives 5 hours away xp
Well, I'm overweight an pear-shaped. I've come to be comfortable with myself and to see myself as beautiful, which is important and was a huge step for me--but I will freely admit that I am not many people's ideal.
Mostly I feel I have to acknowledge that because I went through a situation where I was with another girl friend and a boy I liked looked at me, looked at her, and chose her (quite literally. it happened just like that). Whiiiiiiiiiich smarts. But yes. Um. Not. Going. To. Be. Depressed. I call upon the superpower of eternal optimism!

Era: Stress can make your hair fall out like crazy. I always lose more during exams.

And that's . . . well. My mom used to think I was sneaking out of the house to smoke pot or something. My friend and I (before the economy played chicken with the toilet and lost) used to go out driving. We'd just drive, all day, on back roads, seeing the sights, getting lost, blasting music, seeing where we could go (behold small town amusements). Whenever I came back my mom would ask where I'd been all day, and I'd say "Driving." And she'd interrogate me within an inch of my life and say "Are you sure that's all you've been doing?"
No. Mom. I robbed a crack house, spent all day running from the drug dealer and then got high in a cotton field. ._.

I wonder what it is about parents that makes them not trust their children?

Today I went to a booksale at my library. And I found their ONLY copy of FRC in the paperback bin for 50 cents. crying My sorrow knows no bounds. I wanted to rescue it, but everyone I know has a copy. I can only pray that it is discovered by some poor soul who needs its lovely pages. Though if it's still there monday I'm buying that sucker.
I GOT FRC. NO ONE HAD CLAIMED IT SO I DID.

Today they were trying to get rid of all of the books, so the deal was whatever you fit into a plastic bag--$1 a bag.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I consider it a dollar well spent.

Valiant Jackling

Haha. Nice book gains Tara biggrin

But... ouch, on the boy thing D; I hope you never have to go through that again!

As for my hair, that had been mentioned in the mess of things but if that's the case m body must have really hated me because it went on for several months O.o My hair is still trying to recover (as it stopped only about a year ago at this point). I'm clinging to what's left of my long hair since I dread the idea of what I'd look like with it being short but probably a good half of it it chin length right now.
Erailea

But... ouch, on the boy thing D; I hope you never have to go through that again!

You and me both. wink

Hmm, it might not be a bad idea to get it cut. It's healthy for your hair to cut it every now and again. My hair is always shinier, springier, more manageable, and falls out less after I get it cut. You don't have to lop a whole lot off--because trust me I understand not wanting to have short hair (round face + short hair=bad idea), but you could get the ends trimmed a bit, or get some little layers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff