GOLD 0.28846153846154 28.8% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 104 ]

Invisible Treasure

15,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Tarantellatears
It's possible, we're still in that storyline, after all.

Happy Easter everyone!

In other news I'm having mini panic attacks over my short story for creative writing. Apparently I'm something of a writing perfectionist, and the distinct lack of feedback I'm getting is freaking me out. I have to turn it in for a class workshop on Wednesday. *hyperventilates*

*hands you a paper sack* breathe it will all be alrught.

Valiant Jackling

Tarantellatears
In other news I'm having mini panic attacks over my short story for creative writing. Apparently I'm something of a writing perfectionist, and the distinct lack of feedback I'm getting is freaking me out. I have to turn it in for a class workshop on Wednesday. *hyperventilates*

I'm sure it came out great wink

I needs a little advice, if you guys don't mind. Somewhere between now and June I'm planning on ordering a leather jerkin (lest something big comes up) and I'm trying to decide just what to do with it. About a year ago I asked opinions on the jerkin style, now I'm getting a little more into the nitty gritty. Haha.

The problem - I want this to be a multi-purpose jerkin. By that I mean I want it to work with just about any Renaissance-ish / medieval outfit, not just a GR cosplay. As much as I love GR I don't want to fork over $200 for a small segment of a Weapon's cosplay ^^;; I want it to work all around even if it means sacrificing a few Black Shield details.

The jerkin (note- both picutres are the same jerkin):
User Image

Dunno if any of you guys lag easily so I've copied the images from the store's site just in case and uploaded them to photobucket. They're a little too big to post without stretching the page though and I didn't want to make them smaller since it then makes the text rather difficult to read. So I've linked to them.

I need help picking out closures and a collar. I like the shoulders in the image so I'm letting that be. Haha.

Closures

Collars

Collar wise I'm torn between "knight" and "knight button," though the "ranger" one looks nice too... gonk

For closures I only want buttons. No idea which color to go with though. I really like the "antique nickel" buttons in image, but I think anything (except the regular brass) would look nice. I have a pair of black knee-high boots that have the "antique" nickel buttons on them, which is why I'm sort of leaning that way, but I also have a pair of plain-old black boots that stop a little short of the knee (the former has a 1 1/2 inch heel, the latter is pretty much flat). I kind of figure the Weapons would have black buttons but the idea of having a jerkin that merges into one giant black mass has me weary when wanting it to be multi-purpose. Like I said, I'm up for any color suggestions except for the vibrant brass. I don't know which boots are going to work better with the outfit so I'm not going to worry too much if the button colors aren't the same (I wish they had images of each button color agains the leather >.< )

If you want to see the store listing go here: Jerkin listing biggrin

Thanks in advance guys.
Collars: I think I like Ranger better than Knight. The knight one looks like it would rub against your neck too much. ><;
Knight Button is nice, too. I think if you decide to go with the old nickle buttons to match your boots, you should get knight button--so that it all matches.

Closures: I think the antique nickle looks best, really. The antique brass and copper are nice, but I feel like something with a silver sheen would be easier to adapt to any costume.

Story: Thanks guys. I managed to get it edited pretty well, I think. Now I have to wait for the class to read it. Workshop on Wednesday. I think my main problem (now that it's submitted and the waiting game is mostly over) is going to be sitting on my ego. Behold, the bi-polar nature of a writer.

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
*cough cough cough hack wheeeze* IM DYING .... well not really - Id just rather be dead at this point since this chest cold is making me miserable!!!
*cough*

Jerkins and such: I think unless there is a price consideration go with the nickel buttons - that they are matchy-matchy with items you already own is a boon since you want to re-use this for other things, and they are also a muted tone so they wont clash if you decided to mix it up with brighter colours! ... PLUS PLUS isnt your sword all silvery too? play up the silver features!!!

also screw you all I like the Highwayman collar - that is one beautiful piece of something. but I suppose if I HAVE to pick one I like the buttoned ones best so for you Era I'd say go with Knight Button .. but thats me personally
In other news:

VOTE - I COMMAND THEE

In other ... even MORE awesome news - Book 5 is rapidly nearing completetion. KB has dropped hints that TITLES have been considered

THE ALL POWERFUL AUTHOR"S FACEBOOK

Still in title limbo for GR5. The title I came up with on Friday got a thumbs down. I provided a second possibility as well, and that received a little more interest, but we're going to sit on it for a while. You never know, something more fabulous may come along, but in the meantime it's like having a kid with no name
ah! I haven't been paying much mind to GR5 speedily coming into sight... I still haven't even finished the copy of Blackveil I pre-ordered orz
I'm really excited, though!

the jerkins are sweet! I really like the "knight button" collar, though it's probably important whether or not you mind having things fastened around your neck like that. I think the nickel or black buttons would like nice.

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
TINE ... not you too ... bith you and era seem to have developed a block to finishing BV .... dont MAKE me find you!
my block = how depressed Kari is before entering the forest
I couldn't get past it over a year ago
and can't bring myself to pick it back up and read it

I have enough problems with depression as it is without reading about hers and feelings hers, too XD
Kristen Britain is the only writer I've had this problem with, not being able to continue because I feel so connected with the character's emotions.

TALENT.

I'll have to try again to finish it during the summer, I'm pretty wrapped up in reading folklore and fae-type mythology books at the moment!

edit: also, has anyone here got a tumblr?
AHA! I read it before Twiggy!

KB POSTED ANOTHER SNIPPET ON FACEBOOK
I meant to post a snip in thanks for you guys helping get Blackveil on the shortlist for the Gemmell Legend Award. So here it is now, from GR5:

When Cade swayed on his feet, she grabbed his arm to steady him.
“I’m fine,” he said. Then he whispered, “It would look better to the Weapons if you weren’t holding me up.”
She let go, wondering if it would look better if he fell flat on his face.

I want to know what's going on so badly! And who is this Cade character? I WANT TO KNOOOOW ;-;

Tine: Awww, well, push through! It's a super depressing book, but it's really quite excellent! If you read it over the summer you should come on here when you find it too depressing and we can talk you through it!

Tumblr: I have three, actually. I have a personal blog, a photo blog, and a blog for quotes.
Do you have one? If you send me our URL I'll follow you. =D
CADE. CADE. CADE. MUST KNOW WHO THIS CADE IS. OAO

my tumblrs are tine-ghealain (http://tine-ghealain.tumblr.com/), which is a hodgepodge of personal stuff, fandom stuff, and nature-type stuff
and faerielore (http://faerielore.tumblr.com/) which I'm just getting started on, and will be a theme blog for faerie lore/mythology type things
WOO! Your personal looks like a lot of fun (I'm sure the other one is too, but I haven't gotten the chance to look at it yet). ^_____^

I'm not sure which ones you'll be interested in, so here they all are! =D

My personal: www.inkspotteddreams.tumblr.com
My quote blog: www.aslovelyasatree.tumblr.com
My photo blog: annerider.tumblr.com

My personal is a conglomeration of stuff--reviews of books I've read, things I find too funny not to share, musings, day-to-day life . . . I have a lot of stuff up there about writing, too.

My photo blog isn't quite up and running, yet. I'm still uploading my six years of archives. @_@ I started it because I'm trying to transition away from DA. I still might move to something more professional, but this is the start of that voyage.

3,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
I wish that she wouldn't write so slow but i guess that means we can enjoy a nice long book when it comes out then. i am not sure if I am still Team Zachary or not. Now all i want is Karigan to be happy.
breezystorm
I wish that she wouldn't write so slow but i guess that means we can enjoy a nice long book when it comes out then. i am not sure if I am still Team Zachary or not. Now all i want is Karigan to be happy.

Now all i want is Karigan to be happy.

same here

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
hahaha ... I love you guys!!!

Tine: I KNOW that feeling - I was so angry with Karigan durning HKT and even MORE with BV ... UHHH build a bridge and GET OVER IT .. I DONT EVEN LIKE ZACHARY!! (seriously just hook up with Amberhill and make my OTP dreams come true)

Breezy: hahahahaI want her to be happy too - with amberhill ... join team Amberhill - were smarmy and attractive and not a huge d**k like some nobles who shall remain nameless but rhymes with Hackery .....
ANYWAYS!
'Tears: in MY defense im REALLY sick and still working so ive been avoiding the internet - but thanks for sharing with the group while I was away!!!
I will update front page momentarily

Valiant Jackling

Thanks for the responses on the jerkin guys (and anyone who hasn't left a note, please, by all means, feel free to do so)! I'll post pics when I get it :3 If all goes according to plan I should have it ordered at some point next month.

@Twig- Feel better! *hands cup of tea* And thanks for the reminder about voting. I saw it on the fly when Ms. B posted it and then forgot when I came back later sweatdrop I've voted now 3nodding

And, and... Highwayman-Amberhill-ness xd *pulls out rose all Tuxedo Mask style*

@Thine - You know, I think you hit my issue with the book right on the head... well, partly anyway. I have attention span issues but, now that you have brought it up, all the angsty depression stuff in it doesn't help matters. I tend to get glum for days at a time when I read too much of Ms. B's books these days crying I feel so figgin' bad for Kari it hurts crying It takes some great writing to be able to do that but, in it's own way, it also makes it extremely difficult focus on when you're more prone to be victimized by the darkness...

No tumbler for me though...

Can someone hit me with a stick of discipline? Please? I need my focus to come back. I need to get an original story done and try to get it published! My grandfather wants to read something (published) of mine before he dies and... he was recently diagnosed with some odd thing I can't remember the name off that's a cross between Alzheimer and Parkinson's. It's not so much the getting it done before he dies part I need to worry about. I need to get it done before his mind vanishes! And it's already slipping gonk Internet, you are a terrible double edged sword that claims my life like a drug during free time gonk
Get better Twiggy!

Era: *Hugs* I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandad. Mine had Alzheimer's. It's not a fun thing. If you ever need to talk about it we're here for you. =( *hugs*

As to the story, you can do it! If you ever need an editor I volunteer my services.

Depressingness: Right. I'm at that point too. Just let the freaking woman be happy! ;-;

Team Amberhill: Ha! Personally, I'm pro Amberhill and Estora. But that's just me . . . >>;;
Some days I think Kari would be happiest on her own, with no men to bother her.

Life news below.

GUYS GUYS GUYS. Have you ever had those moments where something you've daydreamed about happens and then you're not sure if it has? O_O
THAT HAPPENED TO ME DURING WORKSHOP TODAY. My teacher said I was a strong writer and that I might be able to publish my story in another two or three drafts. O______O *falls over dead from shock*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff