Welcome to Gaia! ::

What animal BEST describes A Black Shield

Stalking Jungle Cats (ex Panthers) 0.25961538461538 26.0% [ 27 ]
Fierce and Loyal Wolves 0.42307692307692 42.3% [ 44 ]
Other - explain in thread 0.028846153846154 2.9% [ 3 ]
GOLD 0.28846153846154 28.8% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 104 ]

IIIIIIIIIIIIIITSSSSSSSSSSSSS SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOP! It never snows here. ^______________________________________________^

Valiant Jackling

Lol. I'm in the North East and I've only seen snow twice. Once in teh freak October storm and once where we got like 4 inches last month. Been a really mild winter this year.

If ever I'm driving down that way again Tara I'll let you know wink
Hello green rider thread! I'm new to Gaia but already reading about books here (i love them). I stumbled upon this thread and became very curious about these books. I have 3 questions about them though.. 3nodding Would somebody be kind enough to answer these for me?? heart

1. In what year was the third book published?
2. For what age are these books since i'm 20+?
3. Is there any indication on when the fourth book will come out?

Valiant Jackling

Naillove
Hello green rider thread! I'm new to Gaia but already reading about books here (i love them). I stumbled upon this thread and became very curious about these books. I have 3 questions about them though.. 3nodding Would somebody be kind enough to answer these for me?? heart

1. In what year was the third book published?
2. For what age are these books since i'm 20+?
3. Is there any indication on when the fourth book will come out?

Hey blaugh Welcome to Gaia and our humble little Green Rider thread!

To answer your questions:

1) High Kings Tomb was published in... Fall of 2008 I believe. Soft cover came out the following year.

2) Several of the users in here are 20+, including myself, but there are a few who are younger. As for a specific age range, Amazon states 18 and up and I can't find myself arguing. I occasionally read Young Adult books and Green Rider has never seemed to fit in that category.

3) The fourth book was published last year actually heart The author, Ms. Kristen Britain, is currently working on the 5th. She hasn't given any hints to a release date but each book has come out faster than the last. So if one had to guess, I'd say in the next year or two we'll see the fifth installment.

In order the books go:

Green Rider
First Rider's Call
High Kings Tomb
Blackveil

Hope that helps wink
@Erailea: Thank you so much heart Thanks for answering my questions as well, it was a great help. 3nodding I''ve listened to the first audio book of the audio books that were posted by Twiganut and it sounded really exciting! ^_^ Once i'm finished with my current book i'll look these up for sure! heart

Valiant Jackling

You're welcome biggrin

I need an audio book of the 4th. Haha. I might actually get the book done then! It's not boring by any means, but my attention span has vacated the premises and I have yet to relocate the stubborn oaf. It's disappearance has even effects my ability to sit down and write, which is far more irritating than not being able to read (though I do have a slew of comics awaiting my attention too...) :/ It's been gone for so long gonk

I blame long hours at work and having virtually no free time...

The 4th was very good up to where I left off but you have to put it down at some point, for one reason or the other, and the picking it back up and focusing on it long enough to wrap myself back in the world part (aka: 2 or 3 pages) is all but impossible.

I shall find you attention span scream And when I do you will chained to a wall where you can never run away again!

Ugh! gonk crying
Erailea
You're welcome biggrin

I need an audio book of the 4th. Haha. I might actually get the book done then! It's not boring by any means, but my attention span has vacated the premises and I have yet to relocate the stubborn oaf. It's disappearance has even effects my ability to sit down and write, which is far more irritating than not being able to read (though I do have a slew of comics awaiting my attention too...) :/ It's been gone for so long gonk

I blame long hours at work and having virtually no free time...

The 4th was very good up to where I left off but you have to put it down at some point, for one reason or the other, and the picking it back up and focusing on it long enough to wrap myself back in the world part (aka: 2 or 3 pages) is all but impossible.

I shall find you attention span scream And when I do you will chained to a wall where you can never run away again!

Ugh! gonk crying

Awww -hug-
Well.. free time is a nasty one.. she makes sure I cannot read as much as i'd like to as well. sweatdrop I read before I go to bed but lately i fall asleep very quickly so I cannot read much hihi whee

Valiant Jackling

Naillove

Awww -hug-
Well.. free time is a nasty one.. she makes sure I cannot read as much as i'd like to as well. sweatdrop I read before I go to bed but lately i fall asleep very quickly so I cannot read much hihi whee

haha. Yeah...

I was never one to read before bed. Partly because I was scorned as a kid for staying up past bedtime doing so the once or twice I did and partly because I tend to climb into bed and pass out these days. Haha.
Erailea
Naillove

Awww -hug-

haha. Yeah...

I was never one to read before bed. Partly because I was scorned as a kid for staying up past bedtime doing so the once or twice I did and partly because I tend to climb into bed and pass out these days. Haha.

Haha i know what you mean. biggrin It's good i like to sleep tho.. razz
Erailea

If ever I'm driving down that way again Tara I'll let you know wink

Yes, you shall. =D

Welcome to the thread, Naillove! ^___^

On the subject of free time: Since starting college this semester I have none--not to read, anyways. I try to sit down and I'm so exhausted I can only make it a few pages. This makes it hard to read things like a book by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Guh. @___@

Spring break is in a week. And I shall spend the entire time sleeping. heart
Oh sleep, when we are reunited nothing shall be able to defy our love! heart

Invisible Treasure

15,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
hi all and welcome to the forum Naillove.

I would say that the Green Rider series is good for ages 15 and up... and adding a year progressively per book... but that is just me... razz

Sooooo...
I have started back up at my old job at a new store... I am no longer a parttime civillian Deli Clerk.... I am now a front Cash Register runner-thingy-ma-bobber..........

I am still in the military, but i have until April to get settled back stateside.

Who is going to what convention and when???? I know i am going to Gencon in august

Valiant Jackling

@ Naillove - it is indeed... and sadly I don't get enough of it xp I tend to pass out for 10-12 hours on the weekend xp

@ Tara - Enjoy break! I tired to hit the beach at least once every spring break in college.

@ Bane - congrats on the job! And I take it you're back at home? Welcome back wink

I've got no convention plans this far. Might hit up NY Comic Con, but it's too early to tell.
I'm alive...
I feel like I haven't been on gaia in so long...

Valiant Jackling

Tine Ghealain
I'm alive...
I feel like I haven't been on gaia in so long...

User Image
OMG THAT IS THE CUTEST THING EVER.

Welcome back! ^_________________________^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out