What animal BEST describes A Black Shield

Stalking Jungle Cats (ex Panthers) 0.25961538461538 26.0% [ 27 ]
Fierce and Loyal Wolves 0.42307692307692 42.3% [ 44 ]
Other - explain in thread 0.028846153846154 2.9% [ 3 ]
GOLD 0.28846153846154 28.8% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 104 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 178 179 180 > >> >>> »|

Tarantellatears
OMG! I got the third book finally! I've been draw in since the first sentence. X3
EEEE!!!!!!!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

That first chapter is INTENSE!

On another note, I found a GREEN COAT blaugh heart heart Cost me $60, but its a really nice green wool long coat. I'll have to throw the outfit together sometime soon and take a picture 3nodding

I have to get golden trim on the coat and shirt, but unless I can find golden/nice yellow-y fabric that matches the materials of the shirt/coat I'm not doing it. It'll look bad <.< And the clothing is really to nice to do it to otherwise.

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
YAY for the Third Book :Heart:
... I think its a growing consensus that book three is the best - Because its my favourite too, I love the begining with the Blue dress and her whole argument/fight/confrontation with Drent :Heart: ... OH and the end when all the plotlines come together ... basically the whole book kicks butt ... and YATES gets a semi major role which makes me very happy!
... OH YEY for Kari and her green Coat, good luck with the stiching lah and you HAVE to send us pics when you get the chance - I cant wait to see it!
... On a Book 4 update, it seens unlikely that anthing about book four will be posted online at this time, I have been checking the web-page since last friday without a peep and Ive been searching online for any leaks without result ... so if any of you see anything lemmie know so I can update the front page

Valiant Jackling

I'll keep my eyes out for anything. But I don't know how much I'd want to believe outside of Ms. Britain's website. Too much could be lied about and we wouldn't know the difference <.<
Ahh, is tarted college this week so I haven't' had a change to read it since sunday. ><;;
BUT it still kicks butt, yes. Hehe, the confrontation with Drent is probably one of my favorite scenes from all of the books. Soooo funny. XD

WOOP! Yay for the coat! biggrin
Send us pictures ASAP, even if you don't get the trim on.

Valiant Jackling

Haha. Will do. I actually just ordered a wigged horse brooch off ebay today. So when that comes in I'll get the outfit together heart

And ya, that encounter with Drent was great. But I LOVE the image I get of him at the very end of the book XD It's point and laugh worthy.

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
Erailea
Haha. Will do. I actually just ordered a wigged horse brooch off ebay today. So when that comes in I'll get the outfit together heart

And ya, that encounter with Drent was great. But I LOVE the image I get of him at the very end of the book XD It's point and laugh worthy.

Oh nice score with the Brooch!
AHHAHAH Yes Drent at the end of the book makes me Laugh, actually most of Drents parts in book 2 &3 make me laugh!
That's true. Drent's serious nature making him laughable XD

That new butterfly item your wearing make me think of the Eltwood for some reason <.<
Tarantellatears- Congratulations, you're a whole week ahead of me. I start up on Monday.

Oh the pleasures of higher learning...I have not missed thee....

Erailea- I concur, NICE score on the brooch. I applaud.

Kari- Not sure if I've chipped in, but in case it isn't completely obvious, I'm with the riders in the "Post Pictures Please!!!1!1!!!!" camp.

Twiganut- I completely agree. Drent is a riot. A prickly, pound-you-into-the-mud-as-I-laugh-madly-on-the-inside, riot.
Awesome score on the brooch - you have to give us pictures!

Hmm, I've always found Drent laughable. The way he takes himself so seriously is what's so funny. =)

In other news . . .
I finished! I decided to stay up late and try and finish it. I was exhausted at the end, but it was great! X3
Still my favorite so far, although I did miss the presence of a strong plot-line throughout like the first two had. Of course, I'm not sure I could have taken so much weaving and turning and twists and intrigue a third time. She chose well by trying to split up the plot in the third book. It worked out really well, too - she's proved herself an adept writer at numerous plot styles.
Anyways. ^^;
I love the new characters that they introduced, Fergal made me laugh, and I'm going to root for AmberhilxEstora.

You were right, I do NOT like Laren in this book, although I didn't really start disliking her until the very end. Noooo, mean lady! D:

. . .Sir Karigan? XD Oh wow, that's going to drive her up a wall.

So, the scene in the tombs where Karigan is running around haunting people and dressing up is AMAZING. It was also super creative and just plain funny. <3

I thought the part about her being Westrion's avatar was neat, but a little strange. It seemed really sudden to me - even though she'd been seeing Salvistar thorough the entire book, the actual culmination of it happened really quickly and was over in a flash. Though I expect she's going to continue that thread in the fourth book.
<3 Salvistar.

Hum. Well, now I can finally read the whole thread! So I'll probably be replying to a lot of posts . . .

All in all though, AMAZING. heart heart heart
Twiganut
Oh and I Cant wait to see how her Father reacts to the news of her being knighted

I know! She's pretty much an adopted noble at this point - or is at least a wealthy land owner - her dad will hate that. But she has blackmail material now. Hehe, the parts at The Golden Rudder made me laugh, and I just KNEW Fergal and Estora were going to hide out there. X3

SableDreamer
It is annoying when an author writes about something that they know little about particularly when its something that's a prominent character or thing.

Not only did she know what she was talking about with horses, but her descriptions of knife throwing were very accurate. I've done a little bit of it (and was worse than Karigan. Sadly, I did not improve), and she had everything spot on. I also read in the Author note that she took sidesaddle lessons for this book - and that was just a small (read: Quick) scene, if she did that for a short scene, imagine the stuff she's learned for the larger ones. It makes me wonder if she's actually gone exploring in someone's catacombs.

I forgot to mention that I loved the reappearance of the Berry sisters. And how everyone thinks they're crazy. I think they managed to unnerve the weapons a bit. XD

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
I dont start school until Sept. 8th guys you are all quite a head of mee!

HAI KNIGHT heart long time no post we missed you.

@kari: its the new item from the "Secret beach" they are pretty and go very well with the Kottan Bell items.

@ 'tears: WOW you actually looked up past quotes about the thrid book that we'd made! Cheers!

oh my YES! I was SOOO happy to have the Berry sisters back I literally cheered when I got to that part in the book! And believe it or not Immerez as well, I always figured that he was captured with Mirwell in Rider but I was wrong and happy about it - it was a great way to tie-up a loose end

Im SOOOO glad is wasnt the only one who thought the "Avatar" stuff was a bit hurried, esp. the stuff with the ghost, I wanted to see more with him and perhaps a better explination - but at least we know book 4 will be epic!
hahaha and I bet your better at knife throwing than me tears - Im not allowed anywhere NEAR knives or swords - which is depressing really!

Valiant Jackling

No college for me anymore. I dunno if that's a good thing or not, I haven't gotten a job yet >___< Damn economy.

@Tara - I kinda saw the Avatar thing coming, but I will agree it was a bit rushed. I can't seem to recall anything in the first two books leading up to it, but I was catching onto the thing as it grew in the 3rd. I know in the 1st book we knew she could interact rather easily with the dead, but being able to see the realm of the dead and actually have the ability to control it are two really different things. Hopefully there will more explanation on it in the 4th book. Being able to control the dead is an epic ability <.< It makes me wonder why Lil couldn't just kill Mornhavon with those powers (because somehow I can't see a god saying "no, I'm not going to help my people from being annihilated" )

As for exploring catacombs. It's possible. Huge, old, graveyards are open to the public so it's possible catacombs are too. If not, exploring a cave might just do XP It wouldn't be the exact same experience, but you'd get an idea of what it would be like to be under ground.

I'm not surprised to hear Ms. Britain took sidesaddle lessons. Haha. She did say she loved horses. Kudo's to her for going the extra length.
Super-long post of DOOM.

Twiganut

@ 'tears: WOW you actually looked up past quotes about the thrid book that we'd made! Cheers!

oh my YES! I was SOOO happy to have the Berry sisters back I literally cheered when I got to that part in the book! And believe it or not Immerez as well, I always figured that he was captured with Mirwell in Rider but I was wrong and happy about it - it was a great way to tie-up a loose end

Im SOOOO glad is wasnt the only one who thought the "Avatar" stuff was a bit hurried, esp. the stuff with the ghost, I wanted to see more with him and perhaps a better explination - but at least we know book 4 will be epic!
hahaha and I bet your better at knife throwing than me tears - Im not allowed anywhere NEAR knives or swords - which is depressing really!

Yes I did. I've been dying to read the rest of the thread for forever, but i didn't want to run into any spoilers - or even HINTS of what could possibly be something about ANYTHING in the book. ^^; I'm a bit paranoid, it comes from having a sister who would race me to the end of a book, and if she won would say "Oh, hey, guess what happens, this and this and yada yada." Soooo annoying. ><;

Haha, I did a double take, I was like "What? NO WAY!" Though, I knew when Kari saw Prof. Berry's picture that he was talking about HIS library. I was kind of hoping she'd go back the Seven Chimneys, but no luck. oh, and what happened to Letita? She was in the library when the bottle exploded, is she alright? D:
Though, what's-his-face made it out alright, so I guess she did too.

I knew Captain Immerez was going to come back, we had to see the moment of the vision after all (I'll bet you the one with Zachary is in book 4~~). =)

Yeah, it was probably so hurried because she needed to stick it in there for the fourth book. She'd better expand on it after dropping that bomb. XD

Hehe, maybe. When I read the part where Kari was having her lessons with Drent and when she was practicing on the road and endangering squirrels I was like "Omigosh, I've done that EXACT same thing!" Except I had a tendency to chuck them over shed roofs . . . .

Erailea
No college for me anymore. I dunno if that's a good thing or not, I haven't gotten a job yet >___< Damn economy.

@Tara - I kinda saw the Avatar thing coming, but I will agree it was a bit rushed. I can't seem to recall anything in the first two books leading up to it, but I was catching onto the thing as it grew in the 3rd. I know in the 1st book we knew she could interact rather easily with the dead, but being able to see the realm of the dead and actually have the ability to control it are two really different things. Hopefully there will more explanation on it in the 4th book. Being able to control the dead is an epic ability <.< It makes me wonder why Lil couldn't just kill Mornhavon with those powers (because somehow I can't see a god saying "no, I'm not going to help my people from being annihilated" )

As for exploring catacombs. It's possible. Huge, old, graveyards are open to the public so it's possible catacombs are too. If not, exploring a cave might just do XP It wouldn't be the exact same experience, but you'd get an idea of what it would be like to be under ground.

Aww, good luck. I only have one because I got it BEFORE the economy decided to play chicken with the toilet and lost.

I did too. I wasn't actually thinking avatar though, I was thinking reincarnation or something. I've been reading too much manga and have too-active an imagination. XD
I think there MIGHT have been some clues in the second book, but if there were they were very, very small and not well developed enough for something so large - it just kinda dropped in outta the blue. Maybe it's one of those things you build up too? Maybe, because Kari's had so much interaction with wild magic, her ability is getting stronger than most other's - Rider magic used to be pretty strong, after all, and she's already gone to lengths that no one else has (i.e. time travel). It is epic. Unfortunately, she doesn't remember it. This means we get to writhe with Dramatic irony in the fourth book and yell "Noo, remember! Remember!"
Well, Maybe the gods had some grand plan, or something. Wait, was Lil an Avatar? I know she had the ability, but was she an avatar? I can't remember. This is why you don't read books at 1 AM. ><
Hmm, I have other theories about that . . . but I think this post is already long enough. >>;

Open graveyards creep me out. Why would you visit them? There's a clock tower in town that has sarcophagi in the bottom of it, my cousins were messing around with the grate at the bottom, trying to break in, when they found out that people were buried there. O.O

Ehh, I've GOT to stop posting here when I'm hyper. sweatdrop
Waitwaitwaitwait. When did we get a contest? O_O

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas