Stalking Jungle Cats (ex Panthers) 0.25961538461538 26.0% [ 27 ]
Fierce and Loyal Wolves 0.42307692307692 42.3% [ 44 ]
Other - explain in thread 0.028846153846154 2.9% [ 3 ]
GOLD 0.28846153846154 28.8% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 104 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 178 179 180 > >> >>> »|

Karigan Galadheon
Twiganut
Oh .. with my luck they would take out me Fave parts because they are the light comedic relief stuff ... srsly in the last few big movies adaptations ive seen my fave stuff is always missing crying ...
... oh and its not a mess It makes me happy to see this thread active really <3 I just hate playing catch-up!

Or you would have something like Transformers 2 - way too much sexual "humor"

But having light humor in an other wise serious film is important. It breaks it up and gives the viewer a light reprieve. But ya, a lot of those "light sections" would probably be thrown to the bonfire

Or the other way around. They could throw out a lot of the seriousness like they did in HP6.

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
Tarantellatears
Karigan Galadheon
Twiganut
Oh .. with my luck they would take out me Fave parts because they are the light comedic relief stuff ... srsly in the last few big movies adaptations ive seen my fave stuff is always missing crying ...
... oh and its not a mess It makes me happy to see this thread active really <3 I just hate playing catch-up!

Or you would have something like Transformers 2 - way too much sexual "humor"

But having light humor in an other wise serious film is important. It breaks it up and gives the viewer a light reprieve. But ya, a lot of those "light sections" would probably be thrown to the bonfire

Or the other way around. They could throw out a lot of the seriousness like they did in HP6.
.. .Yeah I recently re-read the book (actually I saw the movie last weekend and went and re-read the 5th, 6th and 7th since then) alot of the darker feelings of the book were cut out and the passage of time STILL sucks one minute its the start of term the nexts is snowing... and then they do quidditch AFTER that 0.o .... but what can you expect really!
... I was about to say the Green Rider isnt really serious but I would be wrong wouldnt I ... its just my fave parts are mostly funny not serious! I think it would be hard for a film of say 120min. to get a proper feeling of all the different plots that run in the books I mean even if the first book there is Mirwell, Shawdell, Karigan, Stevic, and Lauren (although she mostly ends up with Stevic) and all of them are very important to the story ...so it would be difficult give all of them thier due without getting confused!
Yeah, which is why I'm not advocating a movie. XD

Ich, timelines are always messed up in movies - I mean, they have to squeeze a whole year in there! Of course it's going to be fast.

Hmm, I think I'll just keep the printed version of GR. <3

(I love your avatar, it's so cute!)
OMG. I was super excited yesterday XD

I went to a Ren fair and one of the guys I was hanging with (a friend of a friend) was also a fan of Green Rider. It was amazing. He ended up helping me hunt around fair for a green coat - my garb was 1/2 Green Rider, I was just missing the broach and the coat, but I had the tunic (minus the gold trim, but that's super easy to add), pants, belt, boots and message satchel. I actually have a makeshift paper broach, but I didn't wear it to fair xp

I found an AMAZING greatcoat, but it was in black gonk

Once I get a coat I'll worry about getting an official broach and a saber (my parents would kill me if I brought a real saber home <.< It might have to wait until I get my own place... But the outfit would work even without a saber, it's just be extra cool with it)

edit: Look at this greatcoat. I want gonk They have it in green on their website, but it's double the price than the black one was at fair. No way in hell I'm paying that for it, but I can dream: Great Coat of LOVE. It's made of actual wool too, like the kind of fabric and quality you'd expect Karigan's winter coat to be made from. *cries* I need to win the lotto gonk

Oh well. If I can find a cheap green coat I can tailor it to actually be as exact to the Green Rider's as possible (or to the appearance of it on the book covers anyway). Even if I got that greatcoat at $300 I wouldn't want to make any alterations to it <.< Its too expensive to play around with like that and its a beautiful coat on its own anyway

Valiant Jackling

Well I'm off for a week guys, see you later biggrin

When I get back it's going to be green coat hunting time XD
Oohhh, preeetttyy . . . . o_o
You guys are making me want to cosplay, and I NEVER cosplay. XD

I always had a secret desire for one of those really long, hooded cloads with the huge bell sleeves though. >>
Some day . . .

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
HAI GUYS ... Okay First and Foremost

News from Kristen Britian

July 2009
Kristen’s WorldCon Schedule (remember to check daily program guide for changes)

Friday, August 7 - 3:30 p.m.
Panel: “Anatomy for Writers, Heroes, and Tavern Brawlers” with Darlene Marshall, Jetse de Vries, Sean McMullen, Kristen Britain

Friday, August 7 - 7:00 p.m.
Readings, by Amy Thomson, Mary Turzillo, Kristen Britain (I’ll be reading from book 4)
Saturday, August 8 - 11:00 a.m.
Autographing session

The rest is catch as catch can!

I HAVE TO GET TO MONTREAL T-T !! ... if anyone you darlings are getting out there RECORD that stuff for us poor fans stuck at home!!!
Right ... im trying to contact my friends in Quebec to get someone out there for me ... but its not looking so great. *sulks*

... right im better, you have to show us your Cosplay Kari really! and im sorry about the coat $1000+ is no-good for students ... I have a suggestion tho' if you can get a few $100 together you could try a professional tailor, a good tailor can work from a single photo and add all the custom work you need! ... it might even be less if you supply the fabircs yourself!
... @ Tear: I have one like that but its blue like the black-mage from Final Fantasy!... and a big green cloak-y cloak! I even made them myself - its pretty easy, I went out to a fabric store near my house-y and bought the fabric and a pattern!
The blue one is the one I wanted - a pretty dusky blue. crying

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
Tarantellatears
... I got the pattern and the fabric from a FabricLand (actual store name XD) for like $20 the pattern even tells you how much fabric & StringThread & buttons and stuff you need to make one!! ... I'll try and dig up the pattern-maker's name for you ...
... also - Monteal con is a bust ... Gen couldnt make it so im just hpoing for an update or an online post of the excerpt
Twiganut
Tarantellatears
... I got the pattern and the fabric from a FabricLand (actual store name XD) for like $20 the pattern even tells you how much fabric & StringThread & buttons and stuff you need to make one!! ... I'll try and dig up the pattern-maker's name for you ...
... also - Monteal con is a bust ... Gen couldnt make it so im just hpoing for an update or an online post of the excerpt

Ohhhh, Thanks! biggrin

Awwww, yeah, hopefully she'll put it online. =(
I've been wanting to cosplay as a Green Rider for so many months...

@ Kari - That coat is indescribable. It's also a cruel, cruel, tease. Oh, well...a girl can dream.

Valiant Jackling

well that's not cool. She needs to come and read from the 4th book in a convent location gonk

@Twiganut - I wish I had the money to do even that. I can tailor a coat myself, but the issue is finding a reasonably price green coat. I sort of found one this afternoon, but it was to lime colored. It was a terrible tease >___<

I have a friend who did fashion design for two years (made a number of coats for one class if I remember correctly). Next time I see her I'll ask how much I could commission her for xd But doing that will more than likely cost over $200. Its something I'm going to have to save up for. First trick, find a job >_<
OMG! I got the third book finally! I've been draw in since the first sentence. X3
EEEE!!!!!!!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!
So, I think that this is my favorite book so far. The first one was amazing, but this one's just plain funny. rofl
I think I'm going to modify the pattern from the Pirate set Simplicity puts out. I don't love the pattern but it will do and darn it I want one.

That and there's a sale on Simplicity patterns at my local fabric store. Not that I really need an excuse. Maybe if I dig I'll find a better piece of pirate garb. Ah, well..

@ Tarantellatears -Yay! I cheer for you. The third book is my favorite.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff