Total Votes:[ 104 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 178 179 180 > >> >>> »|

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
User Image

WELCOME RIDERS!

Greetings Stranger and make yourself comfortable in our cozy (and still shiny but not new) fan thread* for Miss Kristen Britain's Green Rider Book series.

"Running away from school after a fight our Heroine Karigan G’ladheon finds herself entangled in events that will change her life forever. Meeting F’ryan Coblebay a dying Green Rider – Elite Messenger to the King of Sacordia – she promises to finish his mission and deliver his message to King Zachary – a Message someone doesn’t want delivered. From then on Brigands, Mercenaries, Ghosts and the mysterious Shadow Man with his black arrow pursue her ...
... After Her first "whirlwind" message errand – Karigan Succumbs to the Rider’s call (the compelling force which drives someone to the King’s Messenger service) while an ancient evil seeks to posses her and regain his authority."

Announcements:
(all new updates and wordiness lives here)

March-10-12 Updated to MOAR SNIPPETS ...MOAR *adds it to my snippet stash*

Old annoucnments:

January-08-12 Updated to show Lovely new Christmas "Stocking Stuffer" snippet ... Ghosties!!!
November-26-11 New snippet from unnamed books scroll down to the book post to read it!
November-13-11 Small stirrings about Book 5 manuscript ... apparently miss B is "...pretty happy with what she has written so far" but "...there is a long way to go before its ready"
November-06-11 Not so much as an update, just a little note KB has migrated south for the winter (luck her =,=) and I'd like to remind all you people not reading these things to Enter THE TEKTEK CONTEST
October-21-11 SPECIAL THANKS goes out to Laeriel Rhuilea for finding a new snippet from GR book 5 - Scroll down to the second page to check it out heart
October-18-11: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS B! I hope all you lovely riders got on Failbook to wish Miss B a wonderful Birthday!
October-15-11: Updates Galore,
NEW CONTEST PEOPLE (please Play!)
Also we can expect the first audio-books and paperback versions of Blackveil YAY!
(also aslo you might have noticed a change in the frist post - I promise to update the first page more!)
June-21-11: HAPPY DAY OF AERYON .... enjoy the teaser for Book 5 posted on Miss B's Facebook
June-07-11: Spoiler Ban lifted so long as people give advanced notice, also Ms B, currently working on a Chapter called "Sanctuary"
February-10-11: THIS JUST IN BLACKVEIL WILL DEBUT AT NUMBER 12 ON THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER LIST!
October-22-10: wow 80 pages, im gonna need to cut through some of the old announcments
but yeah ... did you happen to see the link posted on Miss B's facebook ... GAWD it made my Monday XD
May-04-10:
SO SO SO NEW DATE .. .FEBRUARY 2011 ... still a long way off but sooner now!
April-22-10:Our very own Miss Erailea was kind enough to drive 7 hour (SEVEN HOURS PEOPLE!! SEVEN!!!) out to Maine to see Miss Britian Live and answer some questions about book 4 - however out to Respect the author and due to the Spoiler nature of the content the answers (and content from her readings) have been posted in our private Guild.
August 28-09: FINALLY uncovered info reguarding about Book 4 titled "Blackveil" (Thanks to Ace Ryn Knight)
January 31-10: Website update this week says Book 4 BLACKVEIL is complete and awaiting editing! YAY for US and for Miss Britian

April 10-09: Thread Established and Opened!

(I celebrate the little things)

Rules:
(since every thread must have them)

1.Follow the ToS!
2.No spamming/trolling.
3.Please do not page stretch OR quote an intro post.
4.Opinions are well come harassment is not.
*new* 5. ALL CONTESTS are ONLY enterable by active discussion participants. i.e you have to make a contribution to the thread to be a candidate for any contests/Prizes
6.Have fun!

*As per Author's wishes stated on her website this is a FAN-thread and is in NO way officially endorsed
** I totally wrote that summary myself!

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
User Image

The Series:

Book 1: Green Rider (November 1998 )

User ImageSummary by Tarantellatears:
When Karigan G'ladheon is expelled from school for fighting, her only worry is how she's going to break the news to her father; she doesn't even think of the dangers present on the long walk home. However, danger soon finds her when she stumbles upon a dying Green Riders - a member of the elite royal messenger corps. The man begs her to continue his mission and carry an important message to the king. Karigan reluctantly accepts and quickly finds that someone does not want her message delievered and so fleeing on a dead man's horse towards the capital pursued by the mysterious and malevolent gray-cloaked man our story unfolds. With the help of ghosts, legends and a touch of magic (and dont forget the pair of senile sisters), she just might make it.

Book 2: First Rider's Call

User Image

Summary also by 'Tears:
Try as she might, Karigan cannot shirk her destiny as a Green Rider. She is needed more than ever as threats from Sacoridia's history rise once more. Mornhavon the Black is waking, and he's looking for Karigan. The supposedly indestructible D'yer wall that imprisons him is drastically weakened, and events long forgotten in the country's - and Karigan's - past may hold the key to saving the future.

Book 3: The High King's Tomb

User Image

Summary, Thankies go out to Shadehtm
"Karigan, trying to ignore the royal wedding preparations that have the castle buzzing, accepts an assignment to carry a message to Mirwell province with the young rider Fergal Duff. All thoughts of the wedding are put behind her until new conspiracies emerge. Estora is kidnapped, The Ravenmask is at large, and a new and terrifying enemy has been revealed: Grandmother. Karigan’s assignment turns out to be a little more dangerous than first anticipated, while at the wall Alton is suffering equally difficult grievances of his own as the wall refuses his healing hand… When the fabric of the universe turns on itself, and the dark powers of Second Empire invade Sacoridia, do the riders have what it takes to protect the kingdom they love?"

Book 4: BlackVeil! (thanks WorldCon and Aces)

User Image
The long-awaited sequel to "Green Rider, First Rider's Call, " and "The High King's Tomb."
Once a simple student, Karigan G'ladheon finds herself in a world of deadly danger and complex magic, compelled by forces she cannot understand when she becomes a legendary Green Rider-one of the magical messengers of the king. Forced by magic to accept a dangerous fate she would never have chosen, headstrong Karigan has become completely devoted to the king and her fellow Riders.
But now, an insurrection led by dark magicians threatens to break the boundaries of ancient, evil Blackveil Forest-releasing powerful dark magics that have been shut away for a millennium

Book 5: Unnamed

... Miss Britian is a notoriously Slow writer but from what we know so far She is currently working on book 5 in the series, the raw manuscript bits - she has developed a chapter named "Sanctuary"

... then On June 21st she posted THIS tib-bit for her fans:
Miss B's Facebook

With a single swift thrust of the staff she knocked the sword out of his hand, then jabbed him in the belly. The clang of steel on the wooden floor echoed through the vast room. He staggered back, hunched over his belly and gasping, while simultaneously shaking out his sword hand. She watched faintly amused while he tried to regain enough breath to swear.

“What in damnation was that for?” he roared.

It was a pleasant surprise to see the usually stoic Cade show some anger. “Your sloppy technique provoked me to action.”

“What do you know about it?”

“Enough to disarm you, evidently.”

... Miss B has continued her AWESOME tradition of slipping little teasers out on her birthday - thanks for Laerial Rhuilea for finding this:

Slightly Late Birthday Snippet

From the as yet untitled fifth Green Rider novel (and boy is it hard finding something that's not spoiler city):
The lead rope snapped out of Dale’s hand. If not for her glove, it would have left a nasty rope burn across her palm.
“Condor!” she cried.
She pivoted Plover around expecting to have to chase Karigan’s horse into the woods. She’d made a promise to care for Condor so he’d be in top condition for his Rider’s return, but Karigan’s fate remained unknown and Condor was off his feed, his spirit discernibly low. He’d gotten thin, and no matter how much Dale groomed him, his coat lost its usual vibrant chestnut sheen.
Normally he followed compliantly along on these exercise runs. Dale perceived he did not care one way or another if he came along with her and Plover. She couldn’t make him care, but she could at least prevent him from declining into a worse state. So it surprised her, almost cheered her, that he was showing some sign of spunk.
She was further surprised he hadn’t run off, and she and Plover didn’t have to chase him down. He’d whirled, and faced the opposite direction they’d been going in, his lead rope dangling to the path from his halter. He stared, angling his head this way and that, ears twitching. What did he see? Dale looked, but discerned only the usual forest sounds and signs—squirrels railing in the branches, a woodpecker chipping at a rotting tree. Insects clouded in the light, and on the forest floor, patches of sunshine wove patterns of golden green and shadow. Dale sensed nothing unusual or dangerous afoot or in the air.
“Something out there, Condor? What do you see?”

Newest snippet for new books
Random sentence from the rough draft, just because:

Her eyelids drooped and she drifted into a dream of exquisitely attired cats dancing...or was it people dressed as exquisitely attired cats?

Lady Oddacious much?

Kristen Britain's Facebook

Annual stocking stuffer:

She swung her legs off the bed and stood. She took halting steps forward and paused just behind chair and ghost. He was still filmy, translucent, but better defined this time. His garb appeared familiar, looked like…looked like the uniform of a Green Rider. Who? she wondered. Someone she’d known? She could not see his face from behind, so she slowly started to circle around him fearing that any sudden move would cause him to vanish. [...]
As she circled him, his profile grew more familiar. She knelt before him, now able to look into his face, [...] and she knew.

Time to play Guess the Ghost?

KB's facebook

The first time he'd looked upon her, the vibrancy of the life energy about her had intrigued him. Tonight it had been much the same, but... At one point as they sat at dinner, a wavering of her aura caught the edge of his vision, like the downsweep of vast wings

Auras, life energy? im guess not a normal sacoridian then

More facebook fun

[The sunlight] glared on his breast plate. He was the same as she remembered, and not… His cheekbones looked more defined, his eyes shadowed, tired. Despite the sunlight, there was a darkness on him

Im hoping for more ghosts .... or probabaly Mornhavon

KB POSTED ANOTHER SNIPPET ON FACEBOOK
I meant to post a snip in thanks for you guys helping get Blackveil on the shortlist for the Gemmell Legend Award. So here it is now, from GR5:

When Cade swayed on his feet, she grabbed his arm to steady him.
“I’m fine,” he said. Then he whispered, “It would look better to the Weapons if you weren’t holding me up.”
She let go, wondering if it would look better if he fell flat on his face.

Thank you Chapters.Indigo.ca for the Summary and Special Thanks to SHADEHTM for finding us the OFFICAL cover before anyone else heart

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
User Image

CONTESTS: POSTS! - Revived
- To win a contest, the winning post must be a contribution to the thread - (athought not necessarily by a regluar member.) - Please Refer to Rule 5.

Considering How big our thread has gotten Ive decided to revive the posting contest ... SO Starting at 150 pages fabulous prizes will we awarded to the first posters! ... because Honestly our prize mule is getting very full! Also Specific post will also be awared prizes
Again if I happen to be the first poster on any of those pages (or posts) the poster Immediately after will be the winner!

Winners:
150th Page: Laeriel Rhuilea
200th Page:

2100th post: Tine Ghealain (yay)
2250th post: Tarantellatears (prize deferred)
2500th post:

~*~

CONTESTS: UNIFORMS - By Twiganut
Tektek contest has been table until I can get my notes in order - but this journal is really getting dusty in my inventory ... SO with the creation of our glorious, shiny new memebership cards I think we need an offcial uniform for Riders (and weapons)

The winner of the contest (decided by Poll vote) will recieve: Something from our Prize Mule!!! (or gold equivalent)

RULES:
you MUST pm me your entry (but you can post it here AS WELL)
INCLUDE:
A tektek dream avatar (duh)
An Item List
and if you REALLY wnat you can include a passage or picture for what inspired you to make it!)

once I get 5 entries there will be 1 WEEK for additional submissions before I create the poll

If I do NOT get any entries the contest will be cancelled!

ENTRIES:
entrys are listed on a first-come-first-serve basis

1. Banedemon
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
2. Laeriel Rhuilea
User Image
3. Tine Ghealain
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

~*~

Future Contest: ... eventually
Dice Contest
Random Number Match
Quick Quotes
Trivia - by Erailea

~*~

Past Winners:
Karigan Galadhoen - Grand Opening Contest
Erailea - 200th post
Tarantellatears - 25th Page
Tarantellatears - 40th Page
Dates CONTEST CLOSED NO WINNER

RIDERS:
(also known as thread members)

~*~ Twiganut - Thread Founder

~*~ Erailea
~*~ Tarantellatears
~*~ Calestial Rose
~*~ Ace Ryn Knight
~*~ Banedemon
~*~ Midnight_Wolf_Dream
~*~ Shadehtm Tine Ghealain
~*~ Mythic Rider
~*~ Teganoldbrine
~*~ Black Shield Lia / Laeriel Rhuilea
~*~ Aubrey_Smith
~*~ SolasNeamhai

~*~ Karigan Galadheon
Thread/Guild Mule

Whee I has Members - please join me?

To Become a Rider - PM me and I will add you to the Roaster ... or just hang-around enough and I'll get around to adding you!
**Membership cards coming eventually

~*~

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
User Image

~*~ EXTRAS ~*~

It seems we have some very creative riders in our midst, poems and art have been popping up about the thread and here is where I'll show it off:

~An Ode to Fastion and His Fangirl Plight ~ by Ace Ryn Knight

There once was a Weapon in black
Whom all the Riders loved to attack
With smiles and hugs and nooses of rope.
They wore him down and he slowly lost hope.
For they had worked out a plan and a method of sharing
they found all his haunts and were really quite daring.
For into his chambers they snuck in the night
quiet and focused with their quarry in sight
And they stood and they stared and there was naught he could do
for their Captain was fearsome and wanted some too
And the King only smiled and waved him away
Not believing that a Weapon couldn't keep a Rider at bay
Nor did his fellows or Swordmaster believe
They all laughed as he grieved for his plight
And the Riders they cooed and came in the night.
So with them he went one evening in Winter
And when next he was seen, his former cohorts did whimper
In fear of the Talented Riders in Green
Who guarded their Fastion and did things obscene
To those who had laughed and had mocked at his fear
And left them bodily harmed and quaking with tears.
All save the King came away with a scratch
against pride or person. All found their match
in the fury of women protective and loving
Of a Weapon with sword and very little clothing

as Seen on Page 28

Holiday Poem by Karigan Galaheon

On the night before Christmas all showered in green,
crept a King’s rider with a message unknown.
Her feet padded lightly and to Weapons unseen,
she sought out her mission with a very merry tone.

To her sister’s chamber this Rider did sneak,
to place a bright package upon her bed sheet.
All were out drinking and did not hear the creak,
of the old wooden door as she stepped off of her beat.

With her mission now done and the night still anew,
the Rider scampered off to join the festive crew.

As Seen on Page 29

User Image

Work in Progress (Sketch) by Erailea (Page 31)
She says its from the 1st Chapter from First Rider's call, when Kari needs Condor for moral support heart

User Image
Our wounderful Gif made by Shadehtm

Character Quiz
Fun Quiz also created by Shade ... see how well you do!

~*~ Affiliates ~*~

†♄ℯ Ḡłøґƴ øƒ Åґ¢øṧїα~ A Green Rider RP

Oh, enjoyed her books very much, though I have yet to read her third book in the series. Waiting for it to come out in paperback. smile

3,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
draven_heart
Oh, enjoyed her books very much, though I have yet to read her third book in the series. Waiting for it to come out in paperback. smile

it's already out in paperback.

God, i hope we don't have to wait for five year for the next book in the series, because she left it open at the end of the book for another.

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
breezystorm
draven_heart

it's already out in paperback.

God, i hope we don't have to wait for five year for the next book in the series, because she left it open at the end of the book for another.

I know eh ... and she didnt really progress the main plot at ALL except to send grandmother to the sleepers!!!*spoiler*

as for the paper back thing - yes it is in paperback, it was released in November of 2008... it says so on her website!
... oh and thankies both for posting biggrin

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
*flashes through books in my thread!*
haha! It's open biggrin

I'll try and pop in here as much as I can. My senior year is winding down and though thesis is over I'm now trying to get a job before graduation >___< Fun times

But I can't wait for that 4th book. I have the other three in both hardback and paperback 3nodding
so which characters are your all time favorites.

For me, I love Karigan and Zachary as far as the more major characters go (or major-ish for Zachary). For a minor character I simply adore Fastion. I wish he'd show up a bit more in the books!

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
Karigan Galadheon
so which characters are your all time favorites.

For me, I love Karigan and Zachary as far as the more major characters go (or major-ish for Zachary). For a minor character I simply adore Fastion. I wish he'd show up a bit more in the books!

I like Kari, but Im a HUGE fan of all the minior charaters(YATES heart ), the other Riders, Estral, Fastion heart

Valiant Jackling

who couldn't love Karigan XD

... actually, I suppose the answer to that is anyone who doesn't like the books xp

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
Erailea
who couldn't love Karigan XD

... actually, I suppose the answer to that is anyone who doesn't like the books xp

... even then, she is quirky enough to appeal to some of them ;D

Valiant Jackling

haha. This is true. Every character is bound to have at least one quality you find favorable

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
Erailea
haha. This is true. Every character is bound to have at least one quality you find favorable
Is that why I love all of them ... except that one elt who keeps trying to kill Kari ... he's a d**k him and Grae dont like her much either!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff