Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
From Japanese Fairy Tales by Yei Theodora Ozaki. In before someone points out this was a translation - I know that, and can say that it was actually quite passable. This little gem was truly one of a kind.

Quote:
“Then they all surrounded the poop little animal and pulled out all his fur. He cried out loudly and entreated them to spare him, but with each tuft of fur they pulled out they said: "Serve you right!”

Have any other typos that amused you more than they probably should have?
I can't think of any off the top of my head (so obviously nothing super memorable or anything).

I read one book sometime within the last couple months in which at one point they put the wrong name in though..
Put me in the spotlight...

Nothing super memorable. But my sister and I love pointing out typos to each other when we find them.

I was born for it.
I just read "May Day" by Heather Graham and ugh..

Using the wrong word somewhere right off the bat, mixing up names (there was one part where she kept putting the wrong name for Dr.__ and alternating right and wrong, and another where she put the pony's name where one of the girls' names should have been, the numbers 56 were stuck infront of a word somewhere, it was just awful.
It was also really all over the place at times and I had moments where I had no idea who was talking or being referred to and just yeahnothanks.

It's a bit of a shame because it could have been a really good story if written right, with more depth, less mistakes and better flow.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff