Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Capitalist

Are there people out there who read The Graceling series by Kristin Cashore or The Chemical Garden Trilogy by Lauren DeStefano?
I never hear anyone talk about these two series but I am really in love with them. I'm in the middle of Bitterblue. I think it's the second book in the Graceling series and it's really good. And it took me forever to read the Chemical Garden Trilogy. My school only had one of the books and my public library had the second book. I finally bought and read the last book this year, a year or two after I read the second, and I kind of really liked it. Even though Rhine kind of annoyed me in the last book, I still really liked it.
I just really want to rant about the books but none of my friends have read either series. Anyone out there?

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
i barely got through graceling. got halfway through bitterblue and couldn't take it anymore....i don't remember much about them, but coulnd't stand it. never heard of the other one. whats it about?

Fashionable Capitalist

lividdarkangel800
i barely got through graceling. got halfway through bitterblue and couldn't take it anymore....i don't remember much about them, but coulnd't stand it. never heard of the other one. whats it about?

The Chemical Garden trilogy is about a dystopian future where women live to age 20 and men live to age 25 as a result of a botched Cancer cure. To keep the human race from dying out, rich men will steal lower class women from off the streets to marry or to marry to their sons. The story follows a girl named Rhine who is stolen along with two other girls (one is about 12 years old I think) and married to a rich man's son. Though Rhine gets along with her sister wives and her new husband, she finds her father-in-law insufferable and cruel. She begins to formulate a plan to escape and find her way back to her twin brother.
I thought it was a pretty good series, I really like dystopian and science fiction series.

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
MyWeirdNormal
lividdarkangel800

The Chemical Garden trilogy is about a dystopian future where women live to age 20 and men live to age 25 as a result of a botched Cancer cure. To keep the human race from dying out, rich men will steal lower class women from off the streets to marry or to marry to their sons. The story follows a girl named Rhine who is stolen along with two other girls (one is about 12 years old I think) and married to a rich man's son. Though Rhine gets along with her sister wives and her new husband, she finds her father-in-law insufferable and cruel. She begins to formulate a plan to escape and find her way back to her twin brother.
I thought it was a pretty good series, I really like dystopian and science fiction series.

huh...that sounds pretty good actually. ill have to check it out. have you read the divergent series? since you say you like dystopian stuff.

Fashionable Capitalist

lividdarkangel800

Unfortunately, no. My library doesn't have enough copies. And my friend let another friend borrow her copy of the series so I have to wait until that girl is done with it. I may just have to buy it myself if I can finally get a job.

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
MyWeirdNormal
lividdarkangel800

Unfortunately, no. My library doesn't have enough copies. And my friend let another friend borrow her copy of the series so I have to wait until that girl is done with it. I may just have to buy it myself if I can finally get a job.

oh sad. i hope you like it. i read the entire first book in one night. took me six hours i think? anyway let me know if you like it!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff