Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lavish Strawberry

a few years ago i read a library book in one sitting, but for the life of me i can't remember the name or author, but the end was really emotional uwu. here's a description:

basically in a post-apocalyptic setting, a bunch of kids live together in a compound or something. i remember one of the kids was all steroided up against his will and he looked kinda freaky. there was a scientist guy in charge. some of the kids had powers, like this one girl could see the future, and another one could manifest things (like gas masks) with her mind.

i also remember some spoilery bits, but i think this is enough to jog someone's memory, if they've read it? anyway, thanks for looking uwu User Image
[ estuary ]
a few years ago i read a library book in one sitting, but for the life of me i can't remember the name or author, but the end was really emotional uwu. here's a description:

basically in a post-apocalyptic setting, a bunch of kids live together in a compound or something. i remember one of the kids was all steroided up against his will and he looked kinda freaky. there was a scientist guy in charge. some of the kids had powers, like this one girl could see the future, and another one could manifest things (like gas masks) with her mind.

i also remember some spoilery bits, but i think this is enough to jog someone's memory, if they've read it? anyway, thanks for looking uwu User Image

All I had to do was read the first sentence and I know the books you're speaking of, it is a series.
Escape from furnace is the series. Lockdown being the first. Alexander Gordon Smith -- http://www.alexandergordonsmith.com/books.html

http://www.amazon.com/Lockdown-Furnace-Alexander-Gordon-Smith/dp/0312611935

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
I know someone already posted a book.

But it also sounds like it could be Shade's Children by Garth Nix.

Post apocalyptic, kids living on a Submarine (not a compound), the main characters having various powers including seeing the future and creating things (and one of them has had a lot of steroids against his will), with a scientist in charge.

And the end is also quite emotional.

Lavish Strawberry

Lunarflowermaiden
I know someone already posted a book.

But it also sounds like it could be Shade's Children by Garth Nix.

Post apocalyptic, kids living on a Submarine (not a compound), the main characters having various powers including seeing the future and creating things (and one of them has had a lot of steroids against his will), with a scientist in charge.

And the end is also quite emotional.

BLESS YOU, SWEET ADORABLE FOX CHILD

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out