Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

2,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
My favorite "obscure" fantasy books would probably have to be "The Unlikely Ones." It's about a group of people and animals thrown together through a witch that has cursed all of them. When she dies in a fire, they have to figure out a way to break their various curses. What makes it really unique is that the group consists of a girl stuck in pre-pubescence (maybe around eleven or twelve years old, possibly early teen), a knight, a unicorn that lost its horn,a goldfish, a crow, a kitten, and a toad. Through the magic of their bonding, they learn to talk to each other, although other humans cannot understand the animals. A very odd tale, but very good.
Mine is "The Worm Ouroboros" by E.R. Eddision. I don't know that it is obscure though, but it is a great fantasy book, and did inspire Tolkien and CS Lewis.

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
My favourite fantasy books that no one really seems to have heard of are the Darkangel trilogy by Meredith Ann Pierce and The Wild Hunt by Jane Yolen. Or anything by Jane Yolen. I *think* she's quite famous, but maybe that's because all through my school years there were always a billion of her books in whatever library I went. But I love her work very much.
The Circle series by Ted Dekker.
Vampire Hunter D Volumes, they were wrote
by a Japanese writer and there are a good number out
and man, the story and plot are well, A plus! Thing is
a lot of people would never read the books or even
know of them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers