Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Which of these is your favorite book series?

The Gunslinger (Stephen King) 0.055555555555556 5.6% [ 1 ]
Twilight (Stepheny Meyer) 0.055555555555556 5.6% [ 1 ]
The Myth Adventures (Robert Asprin) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams) 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 2 ]
Harry Potter (J.K. Rowling) 0.5 50.0% [ 9 ]
The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins) 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 4 ]
I dont read books (duh) 0.055555555555556 5.6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 18 ]
This poll closed on January 6, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2

Shy Cutie-Pie

My two favorite book series weren't on there crying
Vampire Academy and The Black Jewels Trilogy <3

Dapper Gekko

I am currently looking for a new book series. I tried reading the Game of Thrones books but just couldn't get into is since I had already seen it the show, it was just monotonous when you already know what is going to happen.

Harry Potter was what got me reading so I have a special place in my heart for it. The Redwall series was definatly one of my favorites as a kid and I don't think anyone can argue that wasn't a series xd

Love The Hobbit/LoTR

The Song of the Lioness was another I like when I was young.

Oh but my favorite series I think would have to be the Abhorsen Trilogy.

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Poll: Harry Potter
Overall: Deltora Quest
Dr Watson MD
I am currently looking for a new book series. I tried reading the Game of Thrones books but just couldn't get into is since I had already seen it the show, it was just monotonous when you already know what is going to happen.

I would suggest the Myth Series. It's something of a comedy, but it's done very well. The books are short (so you should be able to get through each one in around 1 or 2 days). And you can buy a volume which holds five of the books (there are around 15) in one novel (Myth Adventures).

The story is about a young boy who is a mage's apprentice. One day, his master summons a demon, but the master dies before he can send it back. The boy (and you'll have to read the book to learn how) somehow becomes the demons apprentice. It's the boy's (Skeeve) and the demon's (Aazz) story.

Bashful Exhibitionist

17,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson. I like it because it's very complex and has so many interesting characters.
Anja Sedai
Ravinya Blayde
Anja Sedai
The Wheel of Time by Brandon Sanderson (my username probably makes that pretty obvious)

I really should have added that one! It's one of my favorites too. Although, side note, it's just the last two novels which are written by Sanderson. The first twelve or so (sorry, too lazy to look up the number atm) were written by Robert Jordon. When he found out he was dieing of cancer he told his wife (who was also his editor, I think) to find someone to finish the books for his fans. He got all his notes together, wrote down where it was supposed to go from there, and his wife chose Brandon Sanderson.

Yeah, not really sure why I typed his name instead. That's why I should never post when I'm tired. sweatdrop

It's all good. Everyone makes mistakes. After reading the second to last book of the Wheel of Time (that was before the last one came out) I decided to look up some of Sanderson's other books. I really loved the Mistborn trilogy. If you haven't read it, I defenately recommend it!

Swashbuckling Traveler

17,100 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle: Knight 100
Ravinya Blayde
Anja Sedai
Ravinya Blayde
Anja Sedai
The Wheel of Time by Brandon Sanderson (my username probably makes that pretty obvious)

I really should have added that one! It's one of my favorites too. Although, side note, it's just the last two novels which are written by Sanderson. The first twelve or so (sorry, too lazy to look up the number atm) were written by Robert Jordon. When he found out he was dieing of cancer he told his wife (who was also his editor, I think) to find someone to finish the books for his fans. He got all his notes together, wrote down where it was supposed to go from there, and his wife chose Brandon Sanderson.

Yeah, not really sure why I typed his name instead. That's why I should never post when I'm tired. sweatdrop

It's all good. Everyone makes mistakes. After reading the second to last book of the Wheel of Time (that was before the last one came out) I decided to look up some of Sanderson's other books. I really loved the Mistborn trilogy. If you haven't read it, I defenately recommend it!

I've actually not even gotten to his books in the series yet. It's been a few years since I last read the series and now I don't really remember the last few books very well. Doing a re-read is so daunting though, so I just haven't done it yet. I should probably just go look up summaries or find a guide or something.

I actually met him at a bookstore when it was first announced that he was continuing WoT and got a couple of his books then. I've read Elantris and Mistborn so far. Loved them both. The Way of Kings looks really good as well so I'm hoping to read it soon.
Anja Sedai
Ravinya Blayde
Anja Sedai
Ravinya Blayde
Anja Sedai

I've actually not even gotten to his books in the series yet. It's been a few years since I last read the series and now I don't really remember the last few books very well. Doing a re-read is so daunting though, so I just haven't done it yet. I should probably just go look up summaries or find a guide or something.

I actually met him at a bookstore when it was first announced that he was continuing WoT and got a couple of his books then. I've read Elantris and Mistborn so far. Loved them both. The Way of Kings looks really good as well so I'm hoping to read it soon.

Lol! I can't blame you! Those books are long, but if you own them all, you could always do a quick scan through each one. When I re-read them (also after Sanderson took over), I just skipped around a lot, read over my favorite parts, and avoided the more boring parts.

I honestly can't think of any author who would have done a better job than Sanderson. He writes just enough like Jordon to make the books consistent, but he doesn't try to absolutely emulate the style. Anyhow, I'm sure someday the mood will strike you. It's certainly worth the effort!
I don't usually go in for series' but I really loved His Dark Materials.

Blessed Lunatic

Ravinya Blayde
Dr Watson MD

I would suggest the Myth Series. It's something of a comedy, but it's done very well. The books are short (so you should be able to get through each one in around 1 or 2 days). And you can buy a volume which holds five of the books (there are around 15) in one novel (Myth Adventures).

The story is about a young boy who is a mage's apprentice. One day, his master summons a demon, but the master dies before he can send it back. The boy (and you'll have to read the book to learn how) somehow becomes the demons apprentice. It's the boy's (Skeeve) and the demon's (Aazz) story.

Nice to see someone mention this. I definitely enjoyed those years ago.
Percy jackson and the olympians!!
I really like the Harry Potter series. Recently I've been reading the House of Night series. I've also been reading a series by Christine Feehan. Both have lots of surprising twists and lots of action.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff