Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Genius

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Whats your favorite type of book?

Liberal Ladykiller

I have a hard time picking a favorite genre because, it is often changing. Right now I am on a science fiction kick. I will always have a soft spot for fantasy.

Quotable Genius

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
nice. i love fantasy the most but as a school thing, im reading enders game which is one of my favorite science fiction stories ever!
I read a wide variety of fiction novels.

Apocalyptic Seeker

High fantasy is my genre of preference, although I dabble in other areas

Romantic Loverboy

9,200 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
I tell people my favorite is Fantasy but if you look at my track record you'll see I spend a lot more time with Alt. History/Steampunk and SciFi or books that skirt the edge between Speculative Fiction and Fantasy. I like aliens, weird technology and I'm not good at making decisions so *shrug*. I think the distinct lack of Fantasy in my life has to do with the lack of REALLy good dragon books that I haven't already read.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bashful Exhibitionist

17,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Any non-fiction social sciences books (e.g., history, anthropology, etc.), mythology and folklore, fantasy (but I tend to be very picky. I'm partial to military fantasy), and horror/suspense (but I like only one author in this genre).
Murder Mystery/Horror

Liberal Ladykiller

How do you guys feel about people reading only one specific genre?

I think they are missing out on a lot if they stick to one genre. I have favorite books from a wide range of genres. To me, it seems like each genre speaks to a different aspect of life.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games