23,100 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Sekhmet Nocturna
Zombie_xKiller
Sekhmet Nocturna
I love anything by J.R.R. Tolkien.

The man is god. He didn't just write a story, he created a world. He gave it languages, which he invented himself based on real languages. He gave it a history, and a mythology, even gave it a creation story. And to this day his books are the foundations for almost all modern fantasy books.

heart /fangirl moment

Wow. You just convinced me to read his books. xd

Try "The Hobbit" first, then the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy next. Then, if you still want more, "The Silmarillion"

smile

Yeah, I will because I like "Lord of the Rings" and I've heard about "The Hobbit." Thanks. biggrin

Diamond Bear

Tolkien, Nabokov, Bradbury, Huxley, Rowling, Suzanne Collins, Konigsburg, Pat Conroy, LM Montgomery are the ones I can name at the top of my head. I probably have like 50 or so favorites.

Blessed Noob

John Green, Ellen Hopkins, and Sara Dessen.
I actually don't have a favourite author. I tend not to judge a book by who wrote it, but rather the topic. If I had to pick, though, I would probably say Haruki Murakami or Jane Austen

I have eclectic tastes.
Brandon Sanderson, Robert Jordan, Terry Goodkind, Tad Williams, Koushun Takami, Patrick Rothfuss, Steven Erikson, Valerio Massimo Manfredi, David Gemmell and many others.

Sekhmet Nocturna
I love anything by J.R.R. Tolkien.

The man is god. He didn't just write a story, he created a world. He gave it languages, which he invented himself based on real languages. He gave it a history, and a mythology, even gave it a creation story. And to this day his books are the foundations for almost all modern fantasy books.

heart /fangirl moment

Brandon Sanderson, Robert Jordan, Terry Goodkind, Patrick Rothfuss, Steven Erikson and many others have done the same. Tolkein was brilliant, the Godfather of epic fantasy. But he's not the end-all.

Prolific Alchemist

35,875 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
V.C. Andrews her books are fiction and deal with alot of dark real life subject matter.

Firebreathing Lunatic

23,100 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
crisis what crisis
Tolkien, Nabokov, Bradbury, Huxley, Rowling, Suzanne Collins, Konigsburg, Pat Conroy, LM Montgomery are the ones I can name at the top of my head. I probably have like 50 or so favorites.

Lol. That happens when you're a book worm. smile

Firebreathing Lunatic

23,100 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
TerrifiedOfLife
John Green, Ellen Hopkins, and Sara Dessen.

Agreed. smile

Firebreathing Lunatic

23,100 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Hagedis
I actually don't have a favourite author. I tend not to judge a book by who wrote it, but rather the topic. If I had to pick, though, I would probably say Haruki Murakami or Jane Austen

I have eclectic tastes.

What topics do you like?

Firebreathing Lunatic

23,100 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Lady Narcissa Blackstone
V.C. Andrews her books are fiction and deal with alot of dark real life subject matter.

I think I've seen her books in the library, but I never got to reading them. Might be something new I can read.
Sarah Dessen
Ted Dekker
Richelle Mead
Terry Goodkind
Cassandra Clare
Stephen King
Ally Condie
James Patterson
Edgar Allan Poe
Lisa Jackson
Dean Koontz
I have a few. .w.
To name some from the top of my head: Stephen King, John Steinbeck, Jane Austen, Nicholas Sparks, Anne Rice...and so on. :p

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Robert Greene!

Unforgiving Tactician

10,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
Haruki Murakami, Lee Child, C.S Lewis....

Normally I just pick up individual books, but the authors I like, I keep wanting more!

Firebreathing Lunatic

23,100 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
NInja Assassin 1105
Sarah Dessen
Ted Dekker
Richelle Mead
Terry Goodkind
Cassandra Clare
Stephen King