Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
I love reading harry potter books. I read all 7. Loved 4,5, 6 and 7 the most.

4- because the description of the Tri Wizard Tournament was so enriching
5- It was a trap after all.
6- the idea of having someone who wrote helpful hints in the potion book thus guiding Harry was a brilliant idea
7- A lot happen... Holy cow Part 2 of the movie captured a lot better than my 19 year old mind can imagine.

I decide to make spoiler free about each chapters just to respect people who never got into it.

P.S Anyone can recommend fantasy books that you think are better than harry potter? Or is just a really good page turner because of how "Great" the book is.

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
OMG the Night Angel trilogy! its so beyond good. its a little graphic for me, but im a little sensitive, so its probly fine for most. i just love the main character; he is always fighting himself about who is is and who he wants to be. and the world that they are in is so bad, but there are many points of good and there are so many intertwining plots points. it just soooo freaking good. it just came out with a graphic novel of the first book. it was a little disappointing..., all the characters looked the same, just bad art in general, looked like it was hurried all the way. looked like the characters were only half finished. made me sad. but the novels themselves are AMAZING. HIGHLY recommended. i actually have been kinda disappointed in most of the books ive read since because none of them even close to how awesome this series is.

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
btw my favorite harry potter book is 3. i think it is when you get down into the true story and it really starts.

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
lividdarkangel800
btw my favorite harry potter book is 3. i think it is when you get down into the true story and it really starts.

True. You got a point there. Down and Personal in Harry's case.

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
lividdarkangel800
OMG the Night Angel trilogy! its so beyond good. its a little graphic for me, but im a little sensitive, so its probly fine for most. i just love the main character; he is always fighting himself about who is is and who he wants to be. and the world that they are in is so bad, but there are many points of good and there are so many intertwining plots points. it just soooo freaking good. it just came out with a graphic novel of the first book. it was a little disappointing..., all the characters looked the same, just bad art in general, looked like it was hurried all the way. looked like the characters were only half finished. made me sad. but the novels themselves are AMAZING. HIGHLY recommended. i actually have been kinda disappointed in most of the books ive read since because none of them even close to how awesome this series is.

Thanks for the recommendation! Looking into it right now. The cover seems interesting.

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
skyryo
lividdarkangel800

Thanks for the recommendation! Looking into it right now. The cover seems interesting.

the cover doesn't really make a good impression of the intense AWESOMENESS that is the Night Angel Trilogy. please do read it it. its sooooo insanely good. and when you do, totally pm me about it! i dont have any one to talk about it with.
I second the Night Angel Triology. It was an amazing read, and I was skeptical when I started reading it (it didn't really seem like my kind of book). Amazing though. If you like a lot of detail and are into epic fantasy, you should try the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. I am on book three so far, and its been quiet an interesting read. Very detailed, and well thought out.

PriestessAmy's Princess

Sparkly Bun

The Legend of Eli Monpress series by Rachel Aaron. I think she perfectly balances action, humor, and emotion. When the first excerpt you read informs you that the main character has stolen a king, and the first page involves him talking to a door, you know it's gonna be entertaining to say the least.

Beloved Giver

9,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
I would say that The Elenium Trilogy by David Eddings and The First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie are pretty good fantasy stories. smile If you like knights in shining armour, northmen and various things like magic and other stuff like that

Tipsy Bookworm

I just finished reading the first of the Farseer trilogy (Assassin's Apprentice) by Robin Hobb and I thought it was pretty interesting. Her books are lengthy and the plot takes its time to progress but still a good read.
What do you mean, "better?"

Like, Book of the New Sun is objectively a better novel as it is closer to being actual literature than genre fiction. But I doubt you'd really enjoy it as much.

Dangerous Man-Lover

xXForever ForneverXx
I just finished reading the first of the Farseer trilogy (Assassin's Apprentice) by Robin Hobb and I thought it was pretty interesting. Her books are lengthy and the plot takes its time to progress but still a good read.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS yes a million times yes! George Martin actually gave her a shout out on her most recent book.

Dangerous Man-Lover

Raymond Feist "Conclave of Shadows"
Patrick Rothfuss "Kingkiller Chronicles"
Terry Goodkind "The Sword of Truth series"

Those are my top ones besides anything Robin Hobb has done.

Tipsy Bookworm

BlinkingBlah
xXForever ForneverXx

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS yes a million times yes! George Martin actually gave her a shout out on her most recent book.

I just saw it at my library when I went to get my next book! I'm super excited to get to that book

Dangerous Man-Lover

xXForever ForneverXx
BlinkingBlah
xXForever ForneverXx

I just saw it at my library when I went to get my next book! I'm super excited to get to that book

DONT EVER RETURN IT!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces