Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you?

Nooooo! 0.13258350374915 13.3% [ 1167 ]
Admittedly, yes... 0.86741649625085 86.7% [ 7635 ]
Total Votes:[ 8802 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 537 538 539 > >> >>> »|

a no.... but i do like the character that draco malfoy goes as...
a couple of times acually but then there was alawys that problem of he wasn't real! but oh well! although a bad thing with reading it makes guys in real life look bad(not that they looked that good to beging w/)!!!!

Hilarious Bloodsucker

Here comes ze liiiiiist...

Mr. Teatime, The Hogfather,
Gentleman with Thistledown Hair, Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell,
Mr. Makepeace, With One Lousy Free Packet of Seed,
Oriel, TheWings of a Falcon,
Lorr, Shadowfall,
Countless others that I can't remember because I read waaaay too much...

The worst part is that they almost always die. I don't know what it is about the characters, but they must be particularly killable. crying
Yup, Sherlock Holmes. smile
What can i say? the guy's a genius.
CannabalisticWallaby
Clopin Trouillefou from Notre-Dame de Paris by Victor Hugo. I have no idea why.

And I had to read Sabriel (bleh! xp ) by Garth Nix in 6th grade, and I had the hugest crush on Touchstone. Once again, no idea why. question

YAY! A Touchstone fan! I haven't read Sabriel in the longest time, but Touchstone made the book work for me...

I also have a thing for Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice and Col. Brandon in Sense and Sensibility! (I think the second "thing" is pretty much because he was played by Alan Rickman in the film version mrgreen )
ShadowLOTW
Yes, I like some guys from books.
1.Remus Lupin from Harry Potter
2.Fred Wesley from Harry Potter

Yay, to the first, nay to the second. George is better...
Nealan from Tamora Pierce's Protector of the Small, though I can certainly understand the folks crushing on the Oh God and the Weasley twins.
Heh... a few...

Most notably Vanyel from Mercedes Lackey's Last Herald-Mage trilogy... x_x;

Yes, I know he's gay. But I was going through s**t, and he was going through s**t... and he was hot... x_x;;;

Also, Althalus from The Redemption of Althalus... and several other characters from that book. However, it seems that David Eddings has a compulsive need to pair off his characters, and Althalus wound up with a Goddess. I was slightly disappointed.
I fall in love with at least one character in allmost every book. xD
It makes me enjoy them more, because I get so involved with a chatacter and their personality I pay attention more.
Some of my greatest loves have been Snape form HP, Erik form TPotO and Dorian Gray.
PiroFanMongoose

I also have a thing for Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice and Col. Brandon in Sense and Sensibility! (I think the second "thing" is pretty much because he was played by Alan Rickman in the film version mrgreen )

I love both of them too, mainly because of the actors who played them
Alan Rickman is so delicious.
mrgreen
User Image

This is A.J. Raffles. Love him.
wopastoninio

And he does Opium. heart All the cool characters do it. xD
Phonexwing
wopastoninio

Pah! A.J. Raffles is the skeleton in the Holmes family closet. whee

Raffles is a gentleman thief, a man about town, and by all indications probably a bisexual. The author of the Raffles stories was one E.W. Hornung, brother-in-law to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. They dedicated several of their publications to one-another, an amusing paradox- stories about a thief dedicated to another's detective, and vice-versa. Many people now postulate that two characters are themselves brothers-in-law, both having had enough vaguely talked about siblings to do the job, which would thus explain why in any Victorian "continuity," why Holmes never busted Raffles. Couldn't possibly bear the shame of airing out his family's dirty laundry. *cackle*
Solomyn Seal
Phonexwing
wopastoninio

Pah! A.J. Raffles is the skeleton in the Holmes family closet. whee

Raffles is a gentleman thief, a man about town, and by all indications probably a bisexual. The author of the Raffles stories was one E.W. Hornung, brother-in-law to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. They dedicated several of their publications to one-another, an amusing paradox- stories about a thief dedicated to another's detective, and vice-versa. Many people now postulate that two characters are themselves brothers-in-law, both having had enough vaguely talked about siblings to do the job, which would thus explain why in any Victorian "continuity," why Holmes never busted Raffles. Couldn't possibly bear the shame of airing out his family's dirty laundry. *cackle*

It sounds quite perfect. =D I'll check it out.
mrgreen Yes! A convert! *performs a mad, slightly lude dance of joy*

The first collection of stories, titled The Amateur Cracksman, is still in print. I found a copy at my local Barnes & Noble. surprised The rest is harder to track down however (the second set of short stories titled The Further Adventures of the Amateur Cracksman (or in England, The Black Mask) and two novels, A Thief in the Night and Mr. Justice Raffles.

To find them in their entirety, free of charge, visit this link and scroll down until you find Hornung.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff