Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Gaian

I enjoy both. I have tons of physical books and plenty of digital books too. I like being able to have the sequel the minute I want it. And the ebook library doesn't close the way the actual library does. So, as long as the ebook library has a copy I can rent it.

Fashionable Kitten

I prefer real books, but I don't have a problem with e readers. Sometimes, it's more convenient to use e-readers, like when you travel since you can't bring too many books with you.
I enjoy reading physical books more because digital books can often have formatting issues, but I still love e-readers.

I can have literally thousands of books at my disposal.
I prefer physical copies of books, but I have noticed that when you read a book in public, like in a waiting room, people are so startled by such an uncommon sight that they will not leave you alone. "What are you reading? Is that a good book? What's it about?" You don't care. You just want to talk to the alien who reads instead of doodles on their i-Phone. X_X

That never happens to me when I borrow my husband's Kindle. People assume you're doing something on a phone or tablet or whatever, because it's electronic. Everyone is playing with their electronics, so you're just one more mindless zombie and nobody notices.

Lonely Demigod

12,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I have a nook, and a book collection. I would like to have a personal library so...I prefer my book collection. However, the nook is convenient and I like it too so

Friendly Cat

6,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I prefer a physical book. There is just something about an actual book that makes me feel content whenever I hold it. Unfortunately, I never find enough time nowadays to hold and read a book. Most of the time, I just read from my phone, under covers, and with my lights out until I fall asleep. I miss my bookworm days! crying
I need the actual book. For some reason, I can't concentrate on the book when it's on a tablet.

Timid Kitten

5,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Contributor 150
I like both, to be honest. I like a physical book, obviously. It smells nice, its nice having a physical book in your hands, feeling the pages, the hard cover. But an e-book is really nice too, because instead of loading up my purse with 3 books, I can carry over 200 in my purse and it is so much lighter, and less shoulder pain for me!

Magical Star

I think I might prefer physical books. I like turning the pages and it doesn't hurt my eyes.
I also read faster with physical books.
But I only buy them if I really love the story since they take up too much space.

I do like e-books for their convenience
and because I can them read easier at night.

High-functioning Lunatic

4,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Voter 100
Physical books, of course. I find it much faster to read them cause I'd get distracted by other things if I were to read e-books. Plus I'd get concerned about the battery life of my device. I'd have to save it for calling or texting whenever I need to afterwards.

However e-books are good for books that are difficult to obtain. I've waited about a year for the local bookstore to get my pre-order done for a particular title, and I know a friend who've waited for two years for hers. There aren't many good titles on sale here either, I'd have to go overseas to get a wider range to choose from.

Unstoppable Lunatic

16,975 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Rally Tyro 100
Both.I use my e-reader to read the detective/supernatural/fantasy books and actual books when I want to read a classical fairytail.

Kiwicide's Waifu

Space Cat

20,840 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Okay, so I'm about 70/30 in favor of Hardcover books. I love to grab one off one of my shelves (I have two) and smell the pages and see how worn it gets by how much it's been read. But I have recently started snagging some free books on my iPad (Bookbub. It's awesome and everybody needs to check it out) and I have found myself enjoying reading on that. I do have to adjust the colors on it cause the bright white can make my eyes go a bit nutty, but that's pretty easy of a fix.

But for when there's a new book out, I'll go and buy the hard copy. I like having it around. I also love seeing a whole series lined up on my shelves. It's kind of an accomplishment for me to have all the books for my favorite series. Guidebooks, Manga/Graphic Novels, Novellas, ECT. I even have tarot cards for the Mortal Instruments Series.

So yeah, hard copy books are amazing and I love them, but my iPad books are gonna be nice for when I'm flying to see a friend in April. All of them neat and compact in a nice portable device.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
I've read both, but I find it easier to keep my focus on a physical book. The harsh glare of the screen on my phone or computer, as well as the option to swap to anything else is too distracting.

To be honest though? Audiobooks. Aside from typing or reading, I can do just about anything (usually playing games or drawing) while simultaneously listening to an audiobook. It's perfect for me, as I'm often restless and get the itch to do all kinds of things at once.

Just finished reading a book - my first physical book I actually finished in ages - with the assistance of an audiobook to keep me on track. Had a few pauses here and there to do some other things, but otherwise it went pretty smoothly.

Irregular Lunatic

15,275 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • Marathon 300
Teenie_Monster
I prefer to have the actual book. I know E-readers make it easier to carry around your whole collection of books but i like the feel of turning the pages and seeing how far i have read. I like looking at my book cases and seeing all my books lined up and crowding the shelves. Plus with the E-readers you can't get that brand new off the press smell that you get when you just get a book. All my books are well worn from re reading. I have a kindle but i never really use it. i have a ton of freebie books on it and a few that i have bought but it's not the same. T.T I don't know what i would do if actual books ever became outdated and everything was electronic....i think i would die....i love reading! It's like visiting a whole other world!

ugh, I agree with you, every time I read free online books, sometimes it scares me because I'm just not comfortable reading it like that plus looking at the screen for to long hurts my head and my eyes so I would rather read an actual book that I can hold and smell lol in my hands. It's also good for covering my face when I need a break haha

Durem Regular

3,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Champion 300
Physical books for me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers