Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which do you prefer?

e-books 0.16964285714286 17.0% [ 19 ]
real books 0.83035714285714 83.0% [ 93 ]
Total Votes:[ 112 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Stuffed Plushie
Since this is a book section and most of you love to read books I have a question for you all. Would you prefer to read e-books on an e-reader or "real" physical books that you can hold in your hands and press your nose into? I was curious to your thoughts.

I love the smell of books emotion_bigheart and to be able to flip the pages instead of the reader doing it for you, but I love the fact that you can carry your most beloved books with you on an e-reader as well.. so my mind is a little bit divided. whee What are your thoughts? biggrin

I am a lifelong bookworm and a diehard fan of the e-reader. The e-reader is portable and convenient, it doesn't collect dust or mold.

That said, I don't feel ebook technology is where it needs to be to encourage consumers to part with their print books. I'm fine with ebooks for novels, but I prefer print for books featuring illustrations (such as historical bios, atlases, etc.)

I prefer the digital reading experience. Every page is flat and straight. But I love the smell of books. Old and new.
Bienaimee R
Stuffed Plushie
Since this is a book section and most of you love to read books I have a question for you all. Would you prefer to read e-books on an e-reader or "real" physical books that you can hold in your hands and press your nose into? I was curious to your thoughts.

I love the smell of books emotion_bigheart and to be able to flip the pages instead of the reader doing it for you, but I love the fact that you can carry your most beloved books with you on an e-reader as well.. so my mind is a little bit divided. whee What are your thoughts? biggrin

I am a lifelong bookworm and a diehard fan of the e-reader. The e-reader is portable and convenient, it doesn't collect dust or mold.

That said, I don't feel ebook technology is where it needs to be to encourage consumers to part with their print books. I'm fine with ebooks for novels, but I prefer print for books featuring illustrations (such as historical bios, atlases, etc.)

I prefer the digital reading experience. Every page is flat and straight. But I love the smell of books. Old and new.

I agree with you. The technology needs to be further on for more people to start reading with an e-reader. I like it that the wind cannot flip my pages on an e-reader or that it isn't as heavy as a thick book. I do love to smell inside the books tho so I miss that.

I still buy books with illustrations and stuff or like encyclopedias cause the technology isn't as far yet. whee

Devoted Hunter

13,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I prefer real books. I like being able to hold the book in my hand and turn the pages. Also since my eye sight isn't very good, i find that real books are easier to see. E-books are to awkward for me and I can't see the words unless it's right in my face.

Vicious Rogue

12,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: KO 200
real books hands down

Invisible Conversationalist

6,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
Actual, physical books are better than e-books. After all, with e-books, you can't feel the pages or stick a bookmark in it or feel how smooth it is. Plus, it's easier to read an actual book.
real books can be broken by sitting on them
Real books. I got a kindle for Christmas. I uploaded two books for school on it, and went to class the other night and forgot to charge it. Because of this I couldn't participate in the class discussion...you'll never have this problem with a paper book.

Dangerous Loiterer

E-books are really handy and all that -- but they just don't have the same appeal as holding a
      physical copy of the text in my hands. When I'm reading I like to occasionally stop to have a look
      at the cover art and the blurb, and to check how many pages I've read through. I'd happily buy an
      e-reader, but it would only ever be used when I'm doing long car journeys and when I go abroad on
      holiday.

It makes me sad to think that physical books are going to disappear, because I just love them.
Both. I like to display physical copies of the books that I have read. I also like the convenience of the ereader. I also like the ereader for carrying fanfiction around on since that doesn't come in a physical format anyway.
Stuffed Plushie

I would rather have a real book in my hand. I love the way it feels and smells to but being able to carry tons of books with you on an ereader is really nice i just never put books that i own in paper on it. I would rather have the in my hands when i read them.
I used to say real books on this question, but then I got an e-book reader.... I still miss flipping pages, however the fact that I can take 600+ paged books everywhere in my (quite small) handbag makes it up for all that.
So yeah, I got totally turned
I prefer paper books both paperback and hardcover. I love the smell of the paper; the weight of book in my hands; and the beautiful words that cross the pages as I read. I like turning the pages can't wait to see what happen next. Sometimes I flipped to the later chapters because I couldn't wait how it ends. I love paper books so much.
Real books all the way, You only pay at most $20 for a book, and if you accidently drop it, it's ok, it won't break. I also love the smell of books, there's somthing about the smell, that just totally relaxes me, plus i'm partially color blind, and my friends Jade got one, I tried to read it, but AThe typing was red black red black and it confused me >.< so ya..... real books ALL the way!
ThylacineiIsAWhat
real books can be broken by sitting on them

lol my friends last year kept stealing my books and sitting and rubbing their butts on my books DX their still okay though..... it was just sad to go to school every day knowing your books goin to be raped. crying
Momo_White Shinigami
Actual, physical books are better than e-books. After all, with e-books, you can't feel the pages or stick a bookmark in it or feel how smooth it is. Plus, it's easier to read an actual book.

i know! and it's so much cheaper! if you don't have the book already, you can just go to the library and borrow it for free biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff