Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Senshi

9,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
I mean, I get that they're nice to have, but I love having the heft and weight of a book in my hands. Plus the smell of the pages and the ink... *happy sigh* Add on to that I have LOADS of books and no desire to repurchase them all... Why don't they do for books what they do for DVDs? Buy the physical copy, get a code for the digital copy.

More people would buy eReaders if they did that.
I will not be getting any ebook products. I like having the book in my hand, collecting the books on my shelf, and flipping through pages, using bookmarks, etc. Having regular books is just so wonderful in my opinion, I wouldn't want to switch to electronic.
Put me in the spotlight...

No Nook or Kindle for this girl. I like holding books and reading actual pages. Plus I love collecting the books, seeing them on my shelves. An ereader of any kind just doesn't do it for me. I will always be a book girl.

I was born for it.

Timely Traveler

20,450 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I don't want one... because I already have one. xp

But I definitely agree with the idea of somehow packaging physical and digital copies together. Or some sort of trade-in system would be great as well. Because just for space saving reasons I would love to be able to trade in some of my paper books for ebooks. Also, they really need to drop the price on some of the ebooks to help ereader popularity. When I see ebooks costing more than paper books, something is definitely wrong.

But I still love my ereader. Though I won't be completely giving up paper books anytime soon.

Questionable Prophet

I use to be like you, hating the idea of an e-book, but you know then I got a Nook and I love her.
There still is something really special about having a physical book. If I really want a book, I'll get a physical copy, or if I'm just browsing the book store...I'm not converting to just all e-book.

Still, a Nook makes it super easy.
The eBooks are slightly cheaper, they're easier to get, they're easier to carry around, and they don't take up too much space.

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Exactly!
I love feeling the paper turn beneath my fingertips, I love hearing the crack of the spine when you open a new book, and I love the intimacy of it.
When you read a book you can trace the letters, feel the slight bumps of ink beneath your fingers and its like these words are coming directly from the author, you can imagine them making each book, even though rationally you know they're not, and it kind of makes you feel like a little part of the process. However, with kindle they're so impersonal, just one of many sent over the computer....if that makes sense?

Magical Senshi

9,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
shadowedivinity
Exactly!
I love feeling the paper turn beneath my fingertips, I love hearing the crack of the spine when you open a new book, and I love the intimacy of it.
When you read a book you can trace the letters, feel the slight bumps of ink beneath your fingers and its like these words are coming directly from the author, you can imagine them making each book, even though rationally you know they're not, and it kind of makes you feel like a little part of the process. However, with kindle they're so impersonal, just one of many sent over the computer....if that makes sense?

It does. I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO.

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
No eReaders for me, I like my books.
My mom bought me a Kindle last year for Christmas. I use it mostly for my classes since electronic copies of books are a lot cheaper than hard copies. It comes in handy since buying books for school can get pretty costly once you add it all up.

When I want to read for fun I grab a physical book, flip the pages and bring up to my nose so I can smell its sweet scent, and escape with the words on them for a few hours. smile

User Image

My text is big. Do you know what else is big? Dinosaurs!
I'm a book person in truth
now I can see using for text books
in collage and such on the price but
i read for fun. Also I love
hitting a used bookstore on a hunt
or the library

Tipsy Codger

I enjoy reading on my ipad because I can't carry a physical library inside of my purse.

I enjoy reading actual books, too.

So many people act like these two methods of reading are mutually exclusive.

I guess I'm just edgy or something.

I'm conflicted neutral
On the one hand I'm like "********' naw."
and then on the other hand I am intrigued.
But most likely I will NOT be getting one (or at least not anytime soon).
I prefer the physical copy :3

Devoted Worshipper

9,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
*raises hand* I have a Kindle that goes unused, and a Kindle app on my iPhone that is useful for when I want to look up an academic class in a seminar and otherwise don't have bag space for the physical thing. But I'm a shameless bibliophile and prefer hard-copies.

Newbie Noob

3,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
I find Kindles and Nooks useless. It's not that hard to go to a bookstore, or to a public library. I think it's just another excuse for parents to get their kids to read by it having association with electronics. Electronics seem to be taking over the daily life of our generation, and now it's overriding one of the only healthy pass times; reading. stressed
No I love my books and sticking my face in the pages to get that lovely smell of ink and sometimes mildew haha but seriously the only time I use an ebook is if I can get one of my txtbooks for cheap like 60 bucks instead of paying 200 for the physical copy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff