Welcome to Gaia! ::

What kind of books are you reading; cuz i wud like to knw what books are great, good, or bad question

Devoted Sage

I tend to read young adult fantasies. I'm currently working on Tamora Pierce's trilogy about Beka Cooper. I was afraid of reading the second book because the plot sounded much more dull than the first, but Pierce managed to make me enjoy this one even more.
Currently, I'm reading about five books at once. I'm reading 100 Cupboards, Mechanique: A Tale of the Circus Tresaulti, Betwixt, and Modelland.

I LOVE 100 Cupboards and Mechanique. The former reminds me of To Kill a Mockingbird: careful pacing, a small town, child protagonist, and really awesome. The latter is a wonderful steampunk book I picked up, and even though it jumps from POV to POV every (short) chapter, it works. Normally I hate books that jump around, but I can't see this book developing any other way.

Betwixt is kind of slow and uneventful. I haven't finished it yet, but I don't know if the ending will be worth the 500 pages.

Modelland, on the other hand, is definitely awful. Tyra Banks had no idea what she was doing when she was writing, and apparently her editor didn't even glance at the manuscript. HOWEVER, it's so funny! This is like an Ed Wood movie put to literature. Everything is so wrong, it loops back to freakin' hilarious!
Altessa- I never hear of Tamora Pierce's trilogy about Beka Cooper, but i wanted to knw how many books r there.....

Tiokou- 100 Cupboards and Mechanique i do hate books that jumps around alike, but To Kill a Mockingbird was a good book.on Betwixt just keep trying.And abt Modelland all i can say is oh wow...

Oh yea, I am currently readin The Mortal Instruments: City of Fallen Angels(The fourth book) by Cassandra Clare. And I luv it. The First book is called City of Bones and is it what its about:

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder — much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Clary knows she should call the police, but it's hard to explain a murder when the body disappears into thin air and the murderers are invisible to everyone but Clary.

Equally startled by her ability to see them, the murderers explain themselves as Shadowhunters: a secret tribe of warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. Within twenty-four hours, Clary's mother disappears and Clary herself is almost killed by a grotesque demon.

But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....
I'm actually reading Alice In Wonderland at the moment :3
How I love getting free books on the Kindle ^_^

Fatcat

I stick to young adult, and always stray away from non-fiction. I'm one for fantasy, adventure, horror, and romance here and there (but nothing that consumes the plot). I bought Legend by Marie Lu just yesterday, and I hope it's decent. I love the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare, but I need to get to reading Clockwork Prince already.
Crey- I think i wud watch da movie then read da book about Alice In Wonderland. I think it is just like da Harry Potter series, luv da movies but hated da books.

Classic- i have da first book of da Infernal Devices series, but i have not read it yet. Is it good? Oh and i luv reading fantasy, adventure, horror, and romance books.
I generally stick to YA and Mystery fiction. I'm currently read 3 books: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare and Pretties by Scott Westerfeld.

Sherlock Holmes is my kind of book. Suttle humor, great mysteries, and believable characters.

Clockwork Prince is pretty OK. I'm so lost on it though, since I haven't read Clockwork Angel since it came out. I hope it's not a major disappointment.

Pretties is the sequeal to Uglies, which was pretty damn good. I hope Pretties is just as good as Uglies.
I personally like the fanasty mixed with a little demonoloy, anything with a unepected turn or ''monster''.. Like Vampires, "Crows", Fairies, etc.
The Tithe Series is amazing heart ! So is the Wicked Lovely Series emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart

But right now, i am reading The Fallen by Thomas E. Sniegoski.. Or, when I find the time to start reading it sweatdrop
I'm a true crime, fantasy, horror, and suspense fan. Throw in a good romance novel or two as well.

I am currently reading the fantasy novel Dragon Age: Asunder by David Gaider. It's based off the video games that Bioware has released. My husband has me hooked on R.A. Salvatore books, luckily he has a bunch of them!

After I get finished with DA:Asunder I plan to start on Anne Rule's book Green River, Running Red. Which is about the Green River Killer, Gary Ridgeway. I'm a criminology major at my college and so delving into the mind of a serial killer/criminal is fascinating to me. So I tend to stick to non-fiction and true crime.

Not to mention after reading all of these, I know of ways to NOT be a victim.

Shadowy Rogue

7,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I read pretty much anything and everything. But my favorite is historical(Regency England) and Paranormal.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I read a lot of non-fiction (usually stuff about anthropology) and books about mythology and folklore. I'm a fan of the Malazan Book of the Fallen series and Dean Koontz.
I like to read the classics, historical fiction, and anything penned by J.R.R. Tolkien. You would think that my admiration for the good Professor would make me a die-hard fantasy addict, but you would be sadly mistaken.

I am reading an historical fiction book right now about a woman that falls in love with a gladiator, or Kate Quinn's Mistress of Rome. I've been looking forward to it for a long time.
Michael: "All right, how about the Phyllis/Angela dispute?"
Angela: "You already did me."
Michael: "That's what she said."

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
The Agency Series ((Y.S. Lee))
Pride and Prejudice ((Jane Austen))
Yep. cool

Quick Reply

Submit