Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Noob

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Umm... I don't really know what kind of book I'm looking for?
About me + Things I like I guess...

-The show Supernatural
-The show Ghost whisperer
-The anime Nana
-Mermaids
-Supernatural stuff [U.f.o's, Ghosts]
-Love story's
-Sexiness ; D

I'm a very open minded person. o.o
Any suggestions, feel free to ask questions.
Since you like Supernatural (excellent taste, btw), you might want to try Jim Butcher's Dresden files, starting with Storm Front. The series is about the only wizard in the phonebook in Chicago.

There's also Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Chronicles, beginning with Hounded: the last of the druids has gotten on the wrong side of the Celtic god of love.

Then there's Rob Thurman's Cal Leandros series, starting with Nightlife. Cal and his half-brother are on the run from their father, who is one of those "things that go bump in the night."

For romance, there's Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series, which starts with A Hunger Like No Other. Lachlain MacRieve, head of the Lykaes, has finally found his mate in half-Valkyrie, half-vampire and all timid Emmaline Troy.

Along the same urban fantasy/romance lines, there's Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter series, J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and Christine Feehan's Dark/Carpathian series. Although I've occasionally read a book here and there from these series, I'm not quite a fan of them as some people are, but they were enjoyable reads nonetheless.

Hope this helps!

Amelia Atwater-Rhodes has 2 series and then I believe 3 other books. The series are Den of Shadows and Kiesha'ra. Den of Shadows is about vampires and what not. Then Kiesha'ra is about shapeshifters. There's also Presistence of Memory, you need to have read the Den of Shadows to understand it, Token of Darkness and then All That Glass(I haven't read but know you need to have read the Den of Shadows).
BLAST- Nana Osaki Chan
Umm... I don't really know what kind of book I'm looking for?
About me + Things I like I guess...

-The show Supernatural
-The show Ghost whisperer
-The anime Nana
-Mermaids
-Supernatural stuff [U.f.o's, Ghosts]
-Love story's
-Sexiness ; D

I'm a very open minded person. o.o
Any suggestions, feel free to ask questions.
You say supernatural stuff? Do you like horror and science fiction? If so, HP Lovecraft might be perfect for you
The Leviathan series by Scott Westerfeld is pretty good. I really enjoy "Companions of the Night" by Vivian Vande Velde, and if you're looking for cute romance novels Deb Caletti is a wonderful writer. I particularly enjoy "The Queen of Everything" and "The Nature of Jade".

Beloved Explorer

5,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
Theres a book i read in middle school its called Way Down Deep smile its a great book and i recommend also The Turning biggrin

Shirtless Noob

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Oh my! So many suggestions, don't know where to start!! Thanks everyone keep em' coming!! ; D

Bashful Noob

7,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
[ Ħ ] [ ę ] [ ĭ ] [ ŀ ] [ Å ] [ ũ ] [ ƨ ] [ ƴ ]
Łӫѵё ᴍᶕ

I recently read The 24th Chromosome.

The 24th Chromosome is a science fiction novel about evolution. A new species of humans is being born, and only once scientist, Dr. Hubbard has made the discovery. Upon releasing his new found studies he becomes the laughing stock of the science and educated world. After all, who would believe that our children are being born as the superior species of humans? Shortly after being fired from his teaching position at a university, Dr. Hubbard get's hired from a private source to continue his research. However, the Doctor needs a subject to do his testing on.

The 24th Chromosome is available at Amazon.com for only $15.99 and will keep you entertained longer than any other book or movie. It's also available to anybody that has an E-Reader (Such as a Kindle) for only $1.99! I promise you won't be disappointed!

Tipsy Bookworm

Graceling and Fire by Kristin Cashore are worth reading. I love Nana too!
I would suggest the Women of the Otherworlds series by Kelley Armstrong, starting with Bitten. They involve many supernatural beings, the first book centers on the only female werewolf in existence.

I would also like to recommend the Elemental Masters series by Mercedes Lackey which really can be read in any order. Most are Fairy Tale inspired. For instance, one of my favorites is Phoenix and Ashes, which is a Cinderella story where Eleanor is trapped in her house and forced to be a slave by her master-earth-magician step mother. However she beings to develop her own fire-element powers and manages to get the aid of returning-WWI-hero/air-master Reggie,
Since you like mermaids, I'll throw out the Ingo series, by Helen Dunmore.
Also, another Mercedes Lackey --The Halfblood Chronicles, starting with Elvenbane.
I'd also suggest A Song of Ice and Fire, by George R. R. Martin, starting with A Game of Thrones.
Anything by Nicholas Sparks, you should check into - The Notebook, or A Walk To Remember!
I don't know if this is anything like what you're interested in, but I high recommend The Circle series by Ted Dekker. I love him and all his books.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff