Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. That is one of the few books I've ever gotten emotional over. It was something of a rollercoaster for me. Other books have been sad, but....that one really got to me.

10,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
L.E. Death
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. That is one of the few books I've ever gotten emotional over. It was something of a rollercoaster for me. Other books have been sad, but....that one really got to me.
Before the story begins, is it such a Syn.....

I'm so glad someone actually said this! And I'm glad you said the book version as well, since I'm sorry, but quite frankly, the movie sucked.
But I bawled when I finished MSK, then I had to like, restrain myself from throwing my book at a wall since I was just so in shock at what I had just read, then once I processed what had happened, the waterworks started.
Another book that got me was "Look Again" by Lisa Scottoline. I picked it up by chance and I haven't regretted it since. I really adored it. I would highly recommend it.

For me to take what's mine, until the end of time.....

8,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
Death To Clowns 05
L.E. Death

I'm so glad someone actually said this! And I'm glad you said the book version as well, since I'm sorry, but quite frankly, the movie sucked.
But I bawled when I finished MSK, then I had to like, restrain myself from throwing my book at a wall since I was just so in shock at what I had just read, then once I processed what had happened, the waterworks started.
Another book that got me was "Look Again" by Lisa Scottoline. I picked it up by chance and I haven't regretted it since. I really adored it. I would highly recommend it.

I'll have to look into that one.

I thought the movie version of My Sister's Keeper was good too, although the book was definitely WAAAAAY better. So much more heart-wrenching.

10,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
L.E. Death
Death To Clowns 05
L.E. Death

I thought the movie version of My Sister's Keeper was good too, although the book was definitely WAAAAAY better. So much more heart-wrenching.
Personally, I did like the movie, and for someone who has never heard of or read the book, the movie was good. But in my opinion, as someone who read and adored the book, the movie just paled horribly in comparison. I remember being so mad when i finished the movie, cuz they just changed everything. I've always been into reading an to me, when you read a book that gets turned into a movie, reading it makes me feel more connected to the family and to the characters.
But 'Look Again' was really good. Basically, the little line that kinda catches your attention is, "What would you do if the face of a child on a missing child poster, was the face of your child?" but If you liked MSK, I really think you'll enjoy Look Again.

8,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
Death To Clowns 05
L.E. Death
Death To Clowns 05
L.E. Death

Personally, I did like the movie, and for someone who has never heard of or read the book, the movie was good. But in my opinion, as someone who read and adored the book, the movie just paled horribly in comparison. I remember being so mad when i finished the movie, cuz they just changed everything. I've always been into reading an to me, when you read a book that gets turned into a movie, reading it makes me feel more connected to the family and to the characters.
But 'Look Again' was really good. Basically, the little line that kinda catches your attention is, "What would you do if the face of a child on a missing child poster, was the face of your child?" but If you liked MSK, I really think you'll enjoy Look Again.

That does sound interesting!

Yeah, I agree with your standpoint on movies and books. The movie did pale in comparison, but was good on its own. With movies based on books that I've read, I generally go into it with the standpoint of "This is going to suck" that way instead of being completely disapointed, I am instead impressed/happy with what things are the same or the movie's own strong points. This, of course, only happened after (a number of years ago) I had gone to a movie with high expectations after reading the book only to be complaining about it the entire time in the theater.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff