Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Prophet

DeviousPurposes
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Bawled. Like. A. Baby.

Same with The Fault in Our Stars. crying
He's an amazing writer.

Two to that I cried to not yet said:
Flowers in The Attic by V.C. Andrews and Mockingjay---I felt a bit shattered after MockingJay.

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
DON'T EVER READ THE THINGS THEY CARRIED YOU WILL GET FEELINGS AND DIE.

Excitable Adventurer

I ωanʈ to oɔɔuρү үour ɱinɗ
The Lovely Bones and How to Talk to a Widower both get me every time.
emo
▬▬
as үou ɗo ɱinε

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
marziyyih
Thanks for making it impossible for me to enjoy the trilogy now cat_crying

At least you can brace yourself!

Xitrad
It made me so sad gonk even till this day lol

Ugh same!

Adventuring Duck

I wonder if I can think of a book that didn't make me cry.
Well, one that had me crying through the entire book was Of Mice and Men. I can't remember a time when I wasn't crying while reading that book.

Bashful Citizen

The end of a book called Luna. I felt so bad for Liam/Luna! All she wanted was for people to accept that she was meant to be a girl.
End of Impulse. He was so close to getting out of the facility... But then... then... crying

Versatile Lunatic

The Plague Dogs by Richard Adams. I had to hold tears the entire time. But the ending was so, so good... emotion_kirakira

And Brave New World by Aldous Huxley... the ending was pretty morbid. emotion_0A0

Virtuous Sex Symbol

User Image"What? I sugar coat everything?"

Even though it wasn't a really sad book, the book My Tiki Girl, by Jennifer McMahon made me cry so much just from the sheer emotion of it. I was blown away by that book. Though it didn't make much sense that I cried so much. Dx

"Surely I don't know what you mean..."
Anything by Lurlene McDaniel makes me cry because she writes about teenagers dying from deadly diseases. Some Ted Dekker books have also made me cry, particularly The Circle series.
Ah Christ, I'm trying to remember the book series now. By Phillip Pulman I believe. I got given the first book years ago, Golden Compass Or Northern Lights. Can't remember the order. I read them that long ago, when I was about thirteen [twenty three now] I remember the last scene was between two of the main characters and how they said, before they returned to their own worlds that they would look at the moon each night, and be comforted in the knowledge that they were looking at the same moon. I was in abject misery for the next week because I wanted a love like that.

Could use some help with this, as I would love to reread the series.
Eva Carline
Ah Christ, I'm trying to remember the book series now. By Phillip Pulman I believe. I got given the first book years ago, Golden Compass Or Northern Lights. Can't remember the order. I read them that long ago, when I was about thirteen [twenty three now] I remember the last scene was between two of the main characters and how they said, before they returned to their own worlds that they would look at the moon each night, and be comforted in the knowledge that they were looking at the same moon. I was in abject misery for the next week because I wanted a love like that.

Could use some help with this, as I would love to reread the series.

I think you're talking about the His Dark Materials Trilogy (I think that's what it was called), composed of The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, and The Amber Spyglass? It's been so long since I've read those! I think I remember the ending to The Amber Spyglass being sad, but I was a kid back then.

I've never cried for a book, except for maybe The Brothers Karamazov, but that;s not really a tearjerker. 1984 is super depressing, but not necessarily a tearjerker.

Distinct Fatcat

Mademoiselle du Mal
The end of a book called Luna. I felt so bad for Liam/Luna! All she wanted was for people to accept that she was meant to be a girl.
End of Impulse. He was so close to getting out of the facility... But then... then... crying

Oh my yes! Impluse was Ellen Hopkins' best book but the end is so tragic :'(.

Questionable Worker

8,575 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
World War Z...maybe it was just me but omg I cried.

Sparkly Prophet

the forgotten garden - I was in tear by the end.

Chatty Cat

12,000 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Team Edward 100
Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls. Omg. Every time. crying

Theres been books that I gasp, cry, get angry, but that one gets the waterworks going. Im almost a quarter of a century old but Ol' Dan and Lil' Anne just break my heart at the end.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff